beacon of light in 3.2

Beacon of Light: The healing amount on the Beacon of Light target is now based on the total healing done (including over-healing) instead of the effective healing done. Radius increased to 60 yards. Multiple Paladins can now have this active on the same target. Buff indicating a player is within range of the Beacon target is no longer displayed.

2 questions:

a) will we be able to exploit this by healing pets with increased healing taken, for massive BoL heals on the tank?
    b) will our aoe heals (JoL and glyph of HL) finally apply to the beaconed tank aswell?

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Re: beacon of light in 3.2

1) In theory, yes. Although it's likely the BoL's actual heals will not be affected by the increased healing, and heal for normal amounts, while still healing the pet for increased amounts.

2) Not likely.

JoL will probably never heal with beacon. If it did then pally healers would never actually have to throw heals. 25 times roughly 500ish, would be 12500. Just stand there and watch the green numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by jonny1313
    JoL will probably never heal with beacon. If it did then pally healers would never actually have to throw heals. 25 times roughly 500ish, would be 12500. Just stand there and watch the green numbers...
    But that 12500 is trickling in randomly over the course of the internal CD on Judgements, which are applied on a per-attacker basis, so if my memory serves me correctly on the ICD duration, it would top out at 12500 every 3 seconds, which is not particularly impressive by itself.

Coupled with the incoming mana nerfs, I would think this would be kind of the whole idea. Add in the HoT from flash, and it becomes vital to shield every 30-60 seconds depending on your talents, on the tank, and hit him with a flash every time the Hot starts to wear off, possibly just spam it until you get a crit, for maximum effect from the HoT, and then go to Holy Shock/Light alternations (Shock, Light Light, Shock Light Light)

I'd love to see more interdependence installed into Holy's talents. Make timed shocks more important, probably through IoL becoming more interesting to use. In short, I just want to see Holy's healing become more complex than one spell at a time, except when you need to refresh CDs or use new ones.

In 2s (if anyone will do it after the patch), you could stay behind a pillar and heal yourself for one minute or a minute and half.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Remember, young Warrior: You are a seal.

ArP ArP ArP!

10+ Year Old Account

They could have done much better at giving paladins more raid healing ability with several simple things.
    #1 They could have let the hot effect they gave flash of light tick while more flash of lights were cast on the target.
    #2 They could have let the hot roll for greater effect.
    #3 They could have cut down the immediate healing holy light does and gave it a hot effect allowing the paladin time to heal other targets.

There is also the thing holy paladins have been asking for for years which is having a talent deep in holy allow consecrate to heal a set number of friendly targets over its duration.
    Instead of doing these things which would be infinitely more useful they just improved the gimmick multi target heal they gave us to begin with, while it is better it is not and will never compare in usefulness to heals like circle of healing and other classes aoe heals & to top it off other classes are becoming as good or better at single target healing then holy paladins.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    They could have done much better at giving paladins more raid healing ability with several simple things.
    #1 They could have let the hot effect they gave flash of light tick while more flash of lights were cast on the target.
    #2 They could have let the hot roll for greater effect.
    #3 They could have cut down the immediate healing holy light does and gave it a hot effect allowing the paladin time to heal other targets.

There is also the thing holy paladins have been asking for for years which is having a talent deep in holy allow consecrate to heal a set number of friendly targets over its duration.
    Instead of doing these things which would be infinitely more useful they just improved the gimmick multi target heal they gave us to begin with, while it is better it is not and will never compare in usefulness to heals like circle of healing and other classes aoe heals & to top it off other classes are becoming as good or better at single target healing then holy paladins.
    Its true, half of the time when I use Beacon of Light on the tank, I still dump Holy Lights directly on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Remember, young Warrior: You are a seal.

ArP ArP ArP!