Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best holy paladin gems

ok i wanna know whats better for a healing pal in uldaur 10/25 man geared , spellpower gems and crit gems or just all intellect gems ? i am a fol spammer /shield bacon so ive seen couple of people with full intel gems

Re: paladin gems

crit 3.1

as far as i know int stacking is for holy light spamming currently the most efficient way to go about things. but come 3.2 thats all changing i dont know exactly but i think stacking spell power and flash spamming to keep your hot ticking is the way to go about it.....havent done too much research though so i'd like it if someone could confirm/deny what i'm saying

Deleted

Yes, on live int stacking is the way to go. But I've been wondering what to get once 3.2 goes live... int loses a whole lot of its value, mp5 is nothing more than mp5, it has no synergy with talents, and spellpower is the same..

3.1>>>

Holy Light Spam - Int Gems in every single slot
    Flash of Light Spam - (replace Flash of Light button with Holy Light and Stack Int gems in every single slot)

3.2>>>

Holy Light builds etc - Still Intellect Gems in every slot
    Flash of Light spam (could be a viable Prot/Holy build for PvE next patch) - Spellpower Gems in every slot (dont really need crit for Flash of light as it already have an average 50-60%~ from Sacred shield

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Yes, on live int stacking is the way to go. But I've been wondering what to get once 3.2 goes live... int loses a whole lot of its value, mp5 is nothing more than mp5, it has no synergy with talents, and spellpower is the same..
    Whiles its true Int is being reduce 5% and replenishment is getting nerfed slightly, its still overall better to stack int gems as point for point it still gives more mp5 than straight mp5 AND gives spellpower and crit on top

i have like 21k mana unbuffed and inever go under 70% of my mana in intense fight of ulduar ...i alwasy use trinkets /cds etc so i think spellpower gems will be rly good with 4 peice t8 bonus and ssacred shield

Quote Originally Posted by heartledger
    i have like 21k mana unbuffed and inever go under 70% of my mana in intense fight of ulduar ...i alwasy use trinkets /cds etc so i think spellpower gems will be rly good with 4 peice t8 bonus and ssacred shield
    Sacred shield is not as good as its made out to be and you shouldnt be stacking spellpower just to increase its benefit...

Im assuming you never go under 70% mana because you're spamming Flash of Light which isnt really effective at all in later Ulduar and Hard modes. If you were just doing Razorscale by all means flash your heart out, but later on in Ulduar you're going to be near useless using flash of light and without the int gems and mana regen from replenishment and illumination you're going to find yourself dry a lot

Parry, obviously.
    I am all that is man.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDorf
    Teh jem that gives yaa 9% better chance to get a magic item.

...Oh sry that's diablo.
    BiS Weapon is dual Ali Baba's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelstraza
    Sacred shield is not as good as its made out to be and you shouldnt be stacking spellpower just to increase its benefit...

Im assuming you never go under 70% mana because you're spamming Flash of Light which isnt really effective at all in later Ulduar and Hard modes. If you were just doing Razorscale by all means flash your heart out, but later on in Ulduar you're going to be near useless using flash of light and without the int gems and mana regen from replenishment and illumination you're going to find yourself dry a lot
    Couldnt disagree more. I am a FoL spammer and have done every fight in Ulduar ( except Algalon) i have absolutley no issues healing. We use two pallies both of us spam FoL and a druid (sometimes) on the main tank. We have never wiped to a boss where casting Holy Light would have made a difference. If you look at the numbers i can cast 2 FoL heal for the same amount as Holy Light . use 1/2 the mana and its takes about 1/2 a second longer. I have about 24k mana in raid and rarely drop below 50%. I have no int or crit gems all spellpower. The difference between FoL and HL is preference.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Emodin
    Couldnt disagree more. I am a FoL spammer and have done every fight in Ulduar ( except Algalon) i have absolutley no issues healing. We use two pallies both of us spam FoL and a druid (sometimes) on the main tank. We have never wiped to a boss where casting Holy Light would have made a difference. If you look at the numbers i can cast 2 FoL heal for the same amount as Holy Light . use 1/2 the mana and its takes about 1/2 a second longer. I have about 24k mana in raid and rarely drop below 50%. I have no int or crit gems all spellpower. The difference between FoL and HL is preference.
    Try to FoL spam tanks for Algalon or Thorim/Steelbreaker in hard mode and see how they stay up ^_^

Stack int and spam the heck out of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuker
    Parry, obviously.
    Indeed.

Nah, Intelect-intelect-intelect is the way to go...

<- 34k7 mana raid buffed HL totem

Re: Best holy paladin gems

In 3.1 , i was mostly INT.

In 3.2, I see it like this:

Yellow - JWC int
    Blue - int+mp5(cause it wont be so useless
    Red - Int + SP (cause ill need some since i plan to keep two int-only trinkets, so basic SP is kinda low)

This will solve the metagem, ill have all socket bonuses and everything without loosing int. +Two int trinkets, pandoras plea/meteorite crystal/new badge one

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    In 3.1 , i was mostly INT.

In 3.2, I see it like this:

Yellow - JWC int
    Blue - int+mp5(cause it wont be so useless
    Red - Int + SP (cause ill need some since i plan to keep two int-only trinkets, so basic SP is kinda low)

This will solve the metagem, ill have all socket bonuses and everything without loosing int. +Two int trinkets, pandoras plea/meteorite crystal/new badge one
    I like this idea..
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Int is the way to go but........how are you other stats? What's your usual raid make up, do you have all class buffs? About sacred shield, keep it on the tank always(unless it's needed other places, situational). HL spam isn't always needed and you want to make sure your not gimping yourself in other areas just to stack one stat. I don't care what the numbers are any damage mitigation you can give the tank or your target can't be that bad.

PS Flame away or give EJ's stats on SS but it's useful, PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortoss
    Int is the way to go but........how are you other stats? What's your usual raid make up, do you have all class buffs? About sacred shield, keep it on the tank always(unless it's needed other places, situational). HL spam isn't always needed and you want to make sure your not gimping yourself in other areas just to stack one stat. I don't care what the numbers are any damage mitigation you can give the tank or your target can't be that bad.

PS Flame away or give EJ's stats on SS but it's useful, PERIOD!
    ok my starts are : 2345 spellpower unbufeed, 19k mana, 31% crit 304 haste ( ulduar gear dont have alot of haste on it) i heal mostly the maintank and like the other said.my maintank never died cause of healing...soo...too many different way of healing but will see in 3.2..and im a JC so i have 3x 27 crit gems..the rest all spellpower

[/quote]euh well we killed all the boss's except yogg saron and algalon 10 man...and i have a couple of achievement of hardmode so idont know what ur talking about)

554 haste, 2k3 sp, 26x mp5, 38% crit (divine sacrifice, sad story)... All classbuffs. Always. Except improved windfury when I go ret some times, thoug :>

OF COURSE I use Sacred Shield, Holy shock + instant FoL on near raidmembers who are taking damage when I have a break, salvation in casters who ask for it...

Anyways, click the lil'draenei, she speaks better than me.

There are a lot of ways to gem as a holy paladin, and pretty much it all depends on your gear, guild, raid role, and play style.

My philosophy is gem for int because it provides the most benefit per point. Do this until you are at a point with your mana pool where you feel comfortable no longer stacking it. From there on out gem more for spellpower, get socket bonuses. Another thing you can do is start using more 9sp 8int gems instead of straight yellow gems.

Right now i have around 2450 spellpower unbuffed, 31k mana in raids. Mostly holy light to keep tanks up, but i use all three heals fairly regularly.

Basically realize your role in your healing crew and try to gem so that you can do your job the best you can given your gear. Take care of your healing assignment. If you can't figure out how to gem to best aid your healing style and responsibilities, odds are you would be better off not healing in raids :P