Thread: badges???

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

badges???

if the badges in the new patch are all gonna be conquest badges, then my question is

what will happen to the badges that we currently own? are they going to change into conquest badges also?

Re: badges???

you can still buy items with the heroism and valor badges you just cant get anymore, well unless you convert a valor into a heroism etc.

This is something that could have been easily found in the 3.2 notes... that said

Badges!? We dont need no STINKING BADGES!

Probably not - since it would be the - somewhat - same as making t8 available for valor badges... point being if they did so there would be a lot of farmers pre patch being pimped up afterwards... Also people who have saved valors cause of no upgrade would suddenly have 5 new items... unfair? Yes :P

[Sig snipped]

Emblems of Conquest will be obtainable in every raid instance (Naxx, OS, EoE), I believe in HCs aswell but don't quote me on that.
    The badges (Valor, Heroism) you currently have are useless in 3.2, you can exchange them for gear or just keep them in your currency tab forever since there is very little use for them in 3.2.
    Crusader's Colliseum 25 man-mode will drop Emblem of Triumph, which will replace Conquest the way those are now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Going for avoidance is like playing Russian Roulette.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaaraofSand
    It's time to eat Grandpa!
    It's time to eat, Grandpa!

Grammar.. it saves lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    This is something that could have been easily found in the 3.2 notes... that said

Badges!? We dont need no STINKING BADGES!
    DAMNIT! I saw the title of this thread and wanted to quote Blazing Saddles sooooo bad. My hats off to you sir for beating me to it .

So they are going to keep vendors up then even if you dont get those badges anymore anywhere.

Badges of Justice will stay just the same in 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomfingers
    So they are going to keep vendors up then even if you dont get those badges anymore anywhere.
    Downgrading works still. How you'd otherwise be able to get T7.5 in heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by frozenshade
    if the badges in the new patch are all gonna be conquest badges, then my question is

what will happen to the badges that we currently own? are they going to change into conquest badges also?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Quote Originally Posted by stimorol
    Probably not - since it would be the - somewhat - same as making t8 available for valor badges... point being if they did so there would be a lot of farmers pre patch being pimped up afterwards... Also people who have saved valors cause of no upgrade would suddenly have 5 new items... unfair? Yes :P
    i love your bottom note thing

it speaks truth
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer
    Downgrading works still. How you'd otherwise be able to get T7.5 in heroics?
    Maybe i am nab and dont understand but why would you buy T7.5 if you can get T9.0 from badges, lets see.

Here is from patch notes:

# Both the 10 and 25-player instances of the Crusaders' Coliseum drop a new Emblem of Triumph.
    # Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroism or Valor, such as Naxxramas or Heroic Halls of Stone, will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.
    # The Heroic dungeon daily quest will now reward 2 Emblems of Triumph and the normal daily dungeon quest will reward 1 Emblem of Triumph.
    # The existing achievements to collect 1, 25, 50, etc. Emblems of Heroism, Valor, and Conquest have been converted to Feats of Strength since Heroism and Valor Emblems are no longer attainable.
    # New achievements have been added to collect various amounts of any combination of emblems

Now here are new 3 different T9.0, T9.3 and T9.6:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=81473.0

So why would you take T7.5 instead of T9.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomfingers
    Maybe i am nab and dont understand but why would you buy T7.5 if you can get T9.0 from badges, lets see.

Here is from patch notes:

# Both the 10 and 25-player instances of the Crusaders' Coliseum drop a new Emblem of Triumph.
    # Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroism or Valor, such as Naxxramas or Heroic Halls of Stone, will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.
    # The Heroic dungeon daily quest will now reward 2 Emblems of Triumph and the normal daily dungeon quest will reward 1 Emblem of Triumph.
    # The existing achievements to collect 1, 25, 50, etc. Emblems of Heroism, Valor, and Conquest have been converted to Feats of Strength since Heroism and Valor Emblems are no longer attainable.
    # New achievements have been added to collect various amounts of any combination of emblems

Now here are new 3 different T9.0, T9.3 and T9.6:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=81473.0

So why would you take T7.5 instead of T9.0?
    Well, you could get the t. 7.5 2 piece bonus and the t8.5 2 piece bonus until you have enough Triumph Badges to get the t9 2 piece bonus. Holy Pally t7 2pb and t8.5 2pb is an awesome combo.

buy 500 gems - profit
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by Chenz
    Badges of Justice will stay just the same in 3.2.
    LOL

and yea i love/hate this change. It's gonna give scrubs the gear i have gotten from Ulduar basically but it will give me a chance to go to 3.0 raids again

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Why on earth should these new classes have DKs? Don't we have enough classes that can roll DKs already?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana
    no
    /thread.

Please.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TheeZ
    Emblems of Conquest will be obtainable in every raid instance (Naxx, OS, EoE), I believe in HCs aswell but don't quote me on that.
    The badges (Valor, Heroism) you currently have are useless in 3.2, you can exchange them for gear or just keep them in your currency tab forever since there is very little use for them in 3.2.
    Crusader's Colliseum 25 man-mode will drop Emblem of Triumph, which will replace Conquest the way those are now.
    All the raid difficulties of the Colliseum will drop Triumphs

Deleted

It depends really, will only collisseum drop the new tiertokens, or will all existing tokens be converted?

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun
    Wow, pay a bit of attention.

Quit overcomplicating a simple issue. Valor/Heroism vendors exist. Therefor, NOTHING happens to those badges. From 3.2 onward, every single occurance of an emblem dropping, will drop conquest. Except for heroic dailies, the new VOA boss, and the new raid instance, which drop Triumph. Thats it, nothing happens to any badges, READ people.

Unless by "tokens" you meant the actual item used to exchange for tier gear. To which I have to ask, are you out of your damn mind? Why on earth would old tier tokens be converted to the top gear in the game?
    One thing i haven't read is what does the new 5-man drop for badges. I know the notes state all dungeons/raids that previously dropped valor/hero now drop conquest, but i could not find anything about the new 5-man and what it respectively drops for badges. The only reason i asked is because i know the dailies will be giving Triumph.
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.