help with PVP Feral

Well im looking to do better in bg's i dont know wht i should be using in my Rotation
    i manly go mangle-sr-manglex3-rip-then repeat. Ppl have been telling me i should be using shred instead of mangle for my main att. i wanted to know what other ppl think heres mt armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Bluetonberry

one more thing is the grim toll anygood in pvp? sry i just started pvpn

15+ Year Old Account

Re: help with PVP Feral

There is no 'set' rotation or play style for ferals to do in pvp. Find out what works best for you and play with it, please use the search function in future, there are several other threads on feral pvp floating around.

I am most of the time busy with raiding but sometimes i do a BG.. Shred can be used when u have done maim but else u just need to spam mangle.. i think xD

I just couldnt came behind the target while pvping so i just spamed mangle :P

yeah no real rotation, just try to keep sr up, shred if you manage to get behind and mangle when you don't.

to answer your question about Grim toll.. well you can use the hit rating on it if you are not capped (you need 5% in pvp remember), and the proc can be nasty if you already have some arp.

but you need an insignia if you want to pvp seriously, so that leaves only 1 trinket slot.. and your DC : Greatness is what you want to keep

get a Wintergrasp insigna, either the one with 190ap or 95crit (got the crit one to help combo generation but they are both a good choice imo)
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

you'll want to shred only if the target has a bleed on them as well as mangle since this increases your shred damage by a fair bit.

this is my pvp spec for anything.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZxGM...uVk0E0z:NVzVz0

it's 0/60/11

I don't bother with master shapeshifter or any of those talents since I lose out on the 10% higher crits in catform as well as getting all the talents I like to max dps and utility

all in all it just works better and you have amazing survivability

and use DMC: Death as well as the 190 ap + pvp trinket trink

edit: added in glyphs, I use the maul glyph since I play 3's mostly and there are so many cleave teams that like to sit on me instead of my warrior, and he and I really toss down some dmg if anyone wants to just hit me or him.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

i'm not a pro feral pvper, in fact my best pvp is as resto (since s2, i'm not a fotm player :P) However, when I forget to switch my dual spec to resto before a BG and go in as feral, I usually don't bother with shred unless it's easily hittable, because I spend too long trying to get behind them that I end up missing attacks.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

typical starting rotation from stealth is pounce/mangle/tigers fury/shred/shred/savage roar

if you got a target at 50% or below thats a nice time for a 5 point maim and berserk shred spam

key to feral pvp is your ability to tank damage, peel, cyclone, and keep pressure on. tunnelling kitties are bade

5 pt rips are pro too but 1pt is nice for keeping rogues from stealthing for 16 secs glyphed

Ok I signed up just because I couldn't take all this bs beeing said about feral pvp, first of all shreds are a must learn to get behind targets even if you have to use a 1 combo point maim, if u don't shred 90% of the classes you won't be able to kill, second 1 cp rip ??? Realy ?? First all attacks are bleeds 2nd fff gets the job done cp are treasured use them corectly . Last stay in bear to do damage ?? What are u thinking ?? In any arena when we see a feral we want him in bear , bear = not enough damge I only stay bear against a rogue if I can't stealth or a mage after I open and he gets away, cat= kills !! If I'm in stealth, in bgs, I open with pounce ,sr,mangle rake, tf , fff, shred till I can't then a rip or a fb depends on the hp of my kill or if its a healer, healer always 5 cp rip then beserk shred till death . Hope I helped good luck to all my brother kats!

pounce, mangle, mangle, TF, mangle, maim, mangle, bear, bash, cyclone, shadowmeld, cat, prowl, pounce....

this is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Treff
    pounce, mangle, mangle, TF, mangle, maim, mangle, bear, bash, cyclone, shadowmeld, cat, prowl, pounce....

this is fun.
    I witnessed a boomkin shadowmelding with a pally in his face, getting into swiftfligth form and gone he was doing a /rofl at the paladin from 20 feet in the air. No fun in that.

Feel so gimped as a horde kitten now

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mauly
    I witnessed a boomkin shadowmelding with a pally in his face, getting into swiftfligth form and gone he was doing a /rofl at the paladin from 20 feet in the air. No fun in that.

Feel so gimped as a horde kitten now

lol. war stomp is pretty cool if you know how to use it..

Quote Originally Posted by lywyu
    lol. war stomp is pretty cool if you know how to use it..
    sweet thing about warstomp is that it cant be used in form, so if you try to use and and get caught, it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Haioken
    typical starting rotation from stealth is pounce/mangle/tigers fury/shred/shred/savage roar
    Shouldn't you savage roar after pounce in order to do a lot more damage with shreds and other attacks? Using it after you've drained all of your energy and tiger's fury is kinda useless if you are trying to burst someone down.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

yea, the "rotation" I'm using in pvp is: Pounce-SR-Mangle-Rake/Shred-Shred-if 5cp=Rip/FB
    And if I'm against a rogue, I try to squeeze FFF at the very beginning of the fight, so that if he wants to restealth, he has to use CoS.
    ..::||Sinma||::..

Quote Originally Posted by Sinma
    yea, the "rotation" I'm using in pvp is: Pounce-SR-Mangle-Rake/Shred-Shred-if 5cp=Rip/FB
    And if I'm against a rogue, I try to squeeze FFF at the very beginning of the fight, so that if he wants to restealth, he has to use CoS.
    If its a rogue the first thing i do is rake no matter what. From stealth Pounce, rake sr, mangle rip. all the bleeds up keeps them from getting a vanish cheap shot off.

FF is nice but can always be cloaked so get it up after you have the bleeds going and even then most of the time rogues you meet in the bg you can just run leaving them to bleed to death.

Like veryone else said though there is no rotation. if you got a easy open shot mash on shread if not mash on mangle get the bleeds up. One thing i've got better about using is maim. Its huge and with the pvp gloves its like 5 energy so i use it to stop casts lock down a healer if i have tf up. Honestly best thing you can do to get better at feral pvp is just pvp the more you do it the more you learn after the basics

Hey Blueton, it's Woogs from the same server.

Here are a few pointers:
    - Don't mangle spam. Shred should be your main attack after you get Mangle and a bleed up to modify it's damage to its max potential. It will take some time but you will have to get good at 'melee dancing' around your target to be able to Shred and screw up your opponent's DPS as much as possible. Keyboard turners beware.
    - The general PVP talent spec is 0/60/11 like Renamefailed posted, although I would change a few talents around and go with this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZxGM...uVk0E0z:NVzVz0
    - For glyphs; every feral should have Savage Roar, but the other two are up to your personal preference. I like to use Barkskin, gives me more time in cat to get all my bleeds up on melee before I have to go bear and wear them down. I actually use Swiftmend for my third glyph because I like to switch between feral and resto pvp specs alot.
    - When you use Berserk make sure you are at full energy by using Tiger's Fury right before to get max damage potential from it.
    - Trinket selection is situational and a personal perference. I use IotA and Mjolnir Runestone.
    - Utilizing all your resources/cds and knowing when to shift is the key to being the best.

Generally the priority list for a feral rotation is this:
    - Savage Roar
    - Rip (5 points)
    - Ferocious Bite (5 points)
    - Rake
    - Mangle
    - Shred

I usually open with this:
    - Pounce
    - Rake
    - Savage Roar
    - Tiger's Fury
    - Mangle
    - Shred

For Mages I use (Make sure you have Feral Charge (Cat) ready to go for the first blink):
    - Ravage
    - Mangle
    - Savage Roar
    - (They usually blink here)
    - Feral Charge (Cat)

Pretty much spot on in everything above. Shred would be the main attack you want to use but sometimes its just not practical. Most people you run into in a bg are just bad and getting behind them isn't a problem. Others that have at least half a brain will do everything they can to keep their back from you. So just have to figure out whats going to work per target.

As far as trinkets go. I personally use the ap WG trinket and a darkmoon death trinket. I haven't had a chance to pick up the HM arp trinket QQ

wow thats alot of info lol but ive came up with the very source of my problem this is my first PC game ive ever played and not really good with KB and mouse thing always been console heavy (even tho i beat zelda on pc with arrows keys long ago lol) but im just not that fast with KB and mouse pve wise im pretty good no prob @ all but when it comes to pvp im just not that fast @ all i get pwn sometimes because im just not fast enuff to hit my o shit buttons could i get some suggestions on that i think that well help me alot

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bluetonberry
    could i get some suggestions on that i think that well help me alot
    Increase you reaction time :P bind keys ect.

And about keybinds, I would suggest using more than the base 1 to = binds. Use modifiers like Shift, Ctrl, Alt (whichever you feel comfortable) and I'd also suggest the Q, E, R and F keys as they are close to your movement keys. That way you can get a lot of stuff bound to keys.