Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Firefighter - Mimiron Hardmode 10 man. >>Need Help<<

The head doesn't drop aggro from phase 3 to 4 so all the warrior has to do is taunt the head and then the phase 3 ranged tank drops aggro. That way you can have 1 healer focus the tank, 1 healer on raid, and the 3rd helping out wherever needed. You do that instead of 1 healer on warlock, 1 on main tank, 1 on raid.

Thanks, that would be exactly what I wanted to know =]

Deleted

since my guild got access to 2 tanks for this fight do you suggest us using the prot paladin (like in the video) and the DK going dps but into frost presence in phase 3 for bomb bots?

or get the DK to tank for a easier phase 1 and and a ret in phase 3 to soak bomb? This method is what we currently have been using but it feels like the ret paladin dosent have enough HP to soak them.

i would suggest pala tanks, dk eat bombs and you going ret. its nice additional heal and you wont have so much trouble with enrage
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

2 bear druid tanks
    3 feral cat dps
    2 boomkin
    1 boomkin w/ resto off spec
    2 resto druids

best imo for hard modes thru 3.2 as well - this has been proven by experts to be BY FAR the best comp for any bosses, past and present.
    Obsidium - Frostmane - www.obsidium.org

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Schippi
    i would suggest pala tanks, dk eat bombs and you going ret. its nice additional heal and you wont have so much trouble with enrage
    we actually already use 2 ret paladins, about not making the enrage with 3 healers im pretty confident that we can make it. It probably got increased to 10mins from 9mins? (your kill)

also im 100% sure I would not be able to 2 heal it, maybe 2 priests or druids could however I do not see that happening in my guild, if you look at the healing meter in the video im no.1 throughout the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by dundermuffin
    2 bear druid tanks
    3 feral cat dps
    2 boomkin
    1 boomkin w/ resto off spec
    2 resto druids

best imo for hard modes thru 3.2 as well - this has been proven by experts to be BY FAR the best comp for any bosses, past and present.
    What the hell are you talking about? what experts? for example, everyone knows that for all of 3.1 DK tanks have been the best tanks for all hardmodes.

We found bomb bots to be a group effort. We have done all the Hard modes without a DK (would have been tons easier with) and for the bomb bots, we had a balance druid root them and all he ranged chuck a single spell at it. that was usually enough to bring it down and we continued as normal.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex
    Checkout www.BossKillers.com

Lots of info there.

Helped us to get firefighter down.

tbh bosskillers is alright sometimes, but isn't at other times. for instance, their general vezax guide suggests kiting him during surges

Our setup to do this is usually:

Elemental shaman
    Destro warlock
    Death knight (Tank)
    Resto druid
    Holy paladin
    Disc/holy priest
    Random melee (Ret/rogue)
    Mage
    Hunter
    Destro lock/mage

So basically P1, we all start on the same side, wait for the fires to spawn, spread out, 1 person is dedicated to kiting the fires. Dk uses CD's for plamsa blast, along with healer CD's

P2 we split into 2 groups, and follow a marked leader of each group, staying just to the side of each other so not too many people get targeted by him.

P3 have 2/3 dps have a macro to target the bomb bots and nuke them down as soon as they spawn, lock tanks the head and has 1 dps with him on the head at all times, stay away from the emergency fire bots.

P4, we have the DK taunt the head off the lock, because we found healing the lock pretty hectic and because the lower half that the dk tank hits for like 5k, assign w/e dps to w/e part, the hardest part about P4 is trying to dodge the fire bots, so if theres too many as hes transitioning to P4 you may want to killl a few.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

As the name of the achievement implies, it's almost all about avoiding the fires and "controlling" them as best as you can. Setup on the pull and between phases can make a world of difference later in the fight.

On the pull and between phases, our group will roughly stack up against the wall where there's already a ton of fires. You will generally get 6 fires (3 at a time) between phases. Just inch across the wall and move when they spawn and kite before the boss comes back out. This should give you more room to play and allow more time to DPS.

Concering the bombs in phase 3, there's really no need to tank them if there is at least one player that can snare/root them. They'll die really fast if you have one person dedicated to killing them or have all ranged just target it immediately. Being active and calling out when the bombs drop will help (I know DBM will say when it drops, but most ppl can't be bothered to use the mods they d/l =D).

If no one dies and you keep the pressure on Mimiron, you'll do fine. If you start hitting the enrage timer consistently before you're even in P4 w/o people dying, I'd say you need better dps. Sometimes all you need is luck with the fires being extinguished in all the right places. Just keep at it.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Well, done it a while ago and what i first would like to comment its alot of RNG and placing the fires a bit togeter to have enough space.
    Well anyway, this is how we did it:

tank:
    Prot War
    Healers:
    Holy Pala
    Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid
    DPS:
    Shadow Priest
    Destro Lock
    MM Hunter
    Rogue
    Arms War
    Feral Druid

Phase 1:
    Shouldnt give any problems, start in a corner, behind/next the button.
    Warrior has 4x t8.5 for the setbonus and uses his cooldown on the 2 beams Mimiron will give. If really needed (couse the DPS should be having the boss down before a 3rth) u can give a HoS + bubble it.

Like every phase ending, stacks up in the back in the room, behind current fires, as soon as they dropped down, move to position.

Phase 2:

Healing intensive (we use BL here, but some pref to keep it till phase 4 so u gotta test urself).
    We use 4 diffrent groups, 2 ranged groups with 1 healer each in it, 1 melee group ofc and then me (holy pala) solo on with the SP.

Group1:
    Resto Druid + Lock

Group2:
    Resto Shaman + Hunter

Group3 (Melee):
    2 Wars, 1Rogue, 1 Feral

Group4:
    Holy Pala + Shadow Priest

Group 1 and 2 are fairly close to eachother, healing their group and help where it could be needed, taking 1/3 of the circle.
    Group 4 is not really thight, the SP shields himself and gets the pala's shield. He got enough self healing with the shields. The holy pala (me) beacons himself and heals all melee.

Phase 3:
    Arms war taunts the inc bombs.
    Prot war takes all trash bots and the big ones (which are focus nuked if spawned).
    Holy pala heals the lock tanking the head, with beacon on the prot war.
    If u see a chance to drop the head on the 1st assault bot death, do it else kite it to a safe spot, most of times we waited to drop him 2x in a row.
    Everyone should nuke the assault bot prio also the hunter and SP.
    Keep up the alarm bots, they are easy to avoid and are really helpfull.
    Aoe everything down (except for alarm bots) if head dead and take phase 1 positions on again.

Phase 4:

Same old thing again but then all together :P.
    Also the most chaotic one ofcourse.
    Not much tactics to explain to be honest.
    Play smart, rogue can CoS, hunter can disengage and stuff.
    I havent find anything new in this phase.

Ive heard guilds using baby spice on the middle part so melee can hit all parts with aoe attacks like cleave or divine storm of a pala.

Probably i forgot some stuff or didnt had enough detail on something, just note it down so i can edit myself...
    I wish u good luck on ur tries and hopefully it was some helpfull info.

Sorry for typo's and probably strange sentances, am tired... :-\

Over and Out,
    Luckynoob

Can i get confirmation on the baby spice working if so our 2 rogues use an awesome FoK rotation all the time and that should make phase 4 ridiculously fast.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

OK. I'll post a basic phase-by-phase guide for mim 10 man. You can Armory Nemex on Kel'Thuzad US, I killed him 5 times pre-nerf and have been farming full 10 man hardmode every week since then. Sadly we don't have as many competent players in our 25, but I should be able to help you.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOgEZAcnGYg Holy paladin PoV from our first 25 Firefighter kill, same basic strategy as 10 man except with 15 more players in the room.

PHASE 1:

We had our group stack at the button so that all fires are starting from the same area. We IMMEDIATELY spread out to one quadrant after the fires hit, with our DK picking up the FL MK II. We used Pain Suppression as well as all the Cooldowns Blood DKs have to offer for the Plasma Blasts. We had ONE healer, the Disc Priest, on Napalm targets, other heals shifting to help if two or more people got hit, IE melee. After his Flame Suppressant we moved him directly to a wall, as seen in the video, to keep the fires as snug as possible in the same quadrant for a higher probability of good Frost Bombs in Phase 2.

PHASE 2:

We all meet up between the P1 and P2 transitions at the cusp of the P1 Fires. We don't spread out into P2 positions within the other two non-fire quadrants until he physically jumps onto the Anti-Personnel Cannon to avoid the fire tracking through the middle and across the room, again for a higher probability of good Frost Bombs.

We used Bloodlust during Phase 2 after his first Nova to help get through the phase faster, as it is very healing intensive.

As you can see, we are kind of spread into two groups, each with a Priest using Holy Nova in co-ordinance with their Prayer of Healing and other AoE heals, with a Resto druid rolling HoTs on as many players as he can. We have our melee have their back towards the one quadrant with no casters so that it's a less chance that the raid will take damage. YOU NEED TO HAVE A JUDGMENT OF LIGHT FOR THIS PHASE FOR THE MELEE, it helps A LOT with healing, even post-nerf. Because the fires SHOULD be in the phase 1 quadrant, that's where the Frost Bomb will most likely spawn, which no one should be within 30 yards of when it does.

Spin-up works the same as normal mode, don't be stupid enough to die from it. By the time it comes around, a Frost Bomb should have eliminated most of the Phase 1 fires, allowing for the Ranged groups to reposition if need be from a bad spin-up. Pretty self-explanatory phase.

PHASE 3:

Once again we meet up between fires while during the transition between phases. This time, we're trying to keep the fire away from the outside track, where we are going to be as a raid throughout this phase. We also try to keep it out of the middle to prevent P4 complications with melee.

We had our Hunter pick up the Head. ALL Ranged stayed on the head, while melee were working on Assault Bots. After every Assault Bot was killed, we had our DPS warrior (doesn't matter who tbh) drop the head, which was LoS'd behind a corner in one of the three doors, where fire typically wasn't around. We decided to burn our Lust in Phase 2 to help with healing, but you can save it and use it with two back-to-back head drops. We decided not to do this because the Cores DO despawn after a short period of time, and we didn't want to risk having Bad RNG and not getting a second core before the first despawned. We haven't tried it since, but the despawn timer might have been increased. We kept LoS-ing the head behind corners to drop it everytime we got a core, with ranged staying on the head full time, throughout this phase.

IMPORTANT: EMERGENCY FIRE-BOTS.

Typically I was in charge of taking care of the Emergency Fire Bots. They nerfed these when they nerfed the fight, making them no longer pacify people around them on 10 man, and reducing the radius on 25. They still hurt very badly if they happen to spray a player. Having them alive in P4 is usually a no-go. Typically I would Kill all but one or two during P3 and leave them to run around the room extinguishing fires for P4 movement ease. One very large caution about these is that they ALWAYS move toward fires. If your group is moving toward fire in P3, there is a good chance that a Fire Bot will be there to intercept them. Have at least one Ranged DPS, preferebly a Moonkin or Ele shaman, keeping their eyes on the Fire Bots in the room and playing as a safe-guard for the raid. Knockbacks such as Thunderstorm, and Typhoon work wonders if one happens to try running into the raid to extinguish a fire. In 10-man these typically only have about 12k HP, so one set of Moonkin DoTs finishes them off. MAKE SURE THAT THERE AREN'T ANY FIRE BOTS ALIVE IN PHASE 4, they WILL kill people if they are within the spray path.

IMPORTANT: BOMB-BOTS

For this we had a plate DPS with a high-HP pool Taunt the bomb-bots when they dropped while standing away from the group. They ran right to him and exploded, only hurting him. We have our DK Maintank do this in 25 with Grip and Taunt (not at the same time), usually using Grip when the head is dropped and a Bomb Bot is released at the same time, to get it out ASAP. It works very well. In 10 man any Plate DPS class with a taunt should do the trick.

PHASE 4:

During the transition of this phase we are typically finishing off the Trash Bots and any Assault Bots left while trying to kite the fires toward the edges of the room, again for better chance of a Frost Bomb spawning farther from the raid.

Once the fight starts, we usually try to keep him in the middle and move him where there are open patches with no fire (typically where a Frost Bomb recently went off at) after shock blasts. We kept the Ranged Tank on the head the entire time to DPS, two melee on the Base, and the rest of us burning the Torso. Obviously watch out for Mines, Frost Bombs (30 yards), Spin-ups, Fire, Rockets, and Shock Blasts. A LOT of things can kill a player in this phase, raid damage from the torso's pulses should NOT be killing players. The raid damage as a whole during this phase should be abysmal. The most important rule for this phase is to REMAIN CALM.

Like I said, move him after every shock blast to a nearby open area with no fire. The ranged should be somewhat sticking together for the ease of AoE heals. Moving as a Group is VERY important. Once the Torso is Low, we had one or two more Ranged DPS switch to the head depending on low the head tank had it by then, with the rest focusing on the base. Just like in normal mode, they all need to die within ~15 seconds of each other.

GROUP COMPOSITION WE USED:

DPS TANK HEALS

Blood DK
    Feral Druid
    Fury Warrior (threw Cores and taunted Bomb Bots)
    Rogue
    Ret Paladin
    Moonkin
    Hunter

Priest (Holy)
    Priest (Disc) - Bubbles on the raid as often as possible during this fight makes a HUGE difference.
    Shaman

That's about all I can type up for now, so good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    Can i get confirmation on the baby spice working if so our 2 rogues use an awesome FoK rotation all the time and that should make phase 4 ridiculously fast.
    Yes, Baby Spice on the Base or Torso does allow melee to hit all three.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bals

tbh bosskillers is alright sometimes, but isn't at other times. for instance, their general vezax guide suggests kiting him during surges
    very true, most of the firefighter guide still holds true though, with exception of the silence in phase 3 pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.