Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Frost DK's: The PTR Nerfs are unfair

Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan
    Frost DK's deserved a nerf. If you didn't think you would eventually be nerfed ... well... lol for ya.

When i'm wearing 750 resilience and get hit twice by 8 k frost strike crits something is wrong and you should know that.

And don't come with that ''we don't have ms'' crap.

You're keeping your burst they are just lowering it a bit. Frost strike will still hit like a truck as well as your other abilities.
    quoted every milimeter for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan
    Frost DK's deserved a nerf. If you didn't think you would eventually be nerfed ... well... lol for ya.

When i'm wearing 750 resilience and get hit twice by 8 k frost strike crits something is wrong and you should know that.

And don't come with that ''we don't have ms'' crap.

You're keeping your burst they are just lowering it a bit. Frost strike will still hit like a truck as well as your other abilities.
    "We don't have MS. We should hit Hard."

Such a bad argument to be honest. Giving you MS and cutting your damage in half would overall be far better on your opponents than now.

You are hitting 4k but do MS, the number matches a Mortal Strike in Live.

You are hitting 8k but you don't have MS, the number matches a Frost Strike, or Scourge Strike on Live. (My brother's Arena partner is a DK, he gets sad when he sees anything below 9k. He has 2nd Tier of Furious, and all the Fruious gear he can get.)

Let's completely forget about "All DPS" teams. (Even saw a Mage/Mage/Rogue on 3s, they died in 1.5 minutes.)

If your opponent has 7k HP, when you attack with MS effect, you apply pressure, forcing defensive play or fast reflexes from a healer, maybe a cooldown from healer or the target.

If you hit them without MS, then you kill them. (Don't you even dare say "Healer shouldn't have him left in 7k HP." All the DK's know how easy it is to get your targets below 10k.)

If you have MS, your target has a reaction. If you don't, they can't react while they are dead, can't they? It's like a stun mechanic.

MS for all classes would overall end up being better than what it is now. Homogenization? Yea, sure, whatever.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Skabbig
    quoted every milimeter for truth.
    Thank you.

So your no longer the most OP class in the game in both pve and pvp. About time you got nerfed. Your tears are truely delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    Frost Death Knights have significantly less staying power than either Blood or Unholy. Their utility is not high at all either in a pvp enviornmet.

1). Inferior Defensive cooldowns (+6 seconds on Icebound Fortitude, Unbreakable Armor, and Lichborn which any spec can get. Meaning that all other specs have +1 defensive cooldowns more than a Frost DK).
    2). Inferior Offensive Cooldowns (Death Chill, and Unbreakable armor not nearly as good Gargoyle, Hysteria or Dark Rune Weapon)
    3). Inferior Utility due to talent allocation (It costs 9 points to get Icy Talons, 2 for Abominations might and 6 for Ebon Plague Bringer).

It doesn't make sense to nerf frost in any case, at all given the cirmstances. Oh i guess I should list our advantages.

1). Supperior AOE ranged attacks
    2). Superior Snaring
    3). Strong Single Target Burst
    4). Only Requires 1 Disease for great damage rather than 2 with the other 2 specs.

But I feel these are outwieghed.

So we took a Frost Strike Nerf. Improved Frost Aura nerf. Toughness Nerf.

Do you see what I'm saying here? Frost DK's need help. Not nerfs. It's so hard not to lash out at blizzard for doing things the way they do. Especially Ghostcrawler and his team. But I can't help wondering what in the world could they possibly be thinking when it comes to buffs and nerfs to DK's.

Such as giving them more PVP damage in the form of unholy blight, when it's the most overpowered of the three specs (really the only overpowered spec), yet they nerf a spec that doesn't need to be nerfed.
    Life is full of unfair facts, take for example:

- The common N.Korean citizen makes 1.7$ for an honest day's work.
    - Scores of children get starved, beaten, raped and murdered in Africa and other 3rd world countries.
    - Iran is controlling Russia and China with their oil thus preventing the world from stopping their nuclear armament.
    - This guy's getting paid loads for having a 6 month vacation in the barrier reef, with full diving gear and food supplied. This other guy's a war invalid and is begging for small change in a filthy corner of New York city.

Quit your bitching and grow up. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by AoBman05
    DW isn't every frost DK cup of tea though... Many would rather see Blizz balance the spec (or in some cases class) around 2H play. Sure frost DW is doing great DPS on the PTR, but what about the ones who liked 2H Frost?
    So what, Blizzard isn't allowed to change their game because someone likes to play a character class the way it currently is? QQ more. Blizzard has been wanting to make DW DKs viable again ever since they nerfed it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spellpl
    I think blizzard wrote that there will be no more 2h FROST spec for DKs. Dualwield is only way to go as Frost.
    It saddens me that they are doing with Frost DKs what they did with Enhancement Shamans.
    They really either don't care about making more than 1 "version" of a tree viable.

They make Frost DW balanced -> they completely ignore 2h from now on.
    They aren't opening ways for players to make several specs.
    They always pigeonhole players into making always the same talent choices given a certain gear and "spec".

They only keep players going on while the players aren't 100% geared. When they are, the truth arises, but that's usually about the time Blizzard makes some big changes, to keep players guessing.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I think the nerfs have been pretty justified but they cant keep nerfing frosst anymore it has gotten quite a couple touches all around... As for the other 2 specs Blood is insanely op with vampiric blood on as tank or dps, the only way to bring 1 down is having someone do an ms effect debuff on him while getting ganked. And unholy needs serious nerfs all around, i get there damage is more overtime than the other 2 pecs but once u can use scourge strike is pretty much nonsense especially backing up your damage with 6-8k deathcoils wich is what im used to doin and i dont have full naxx i have ''decent'' gear. ofcourse not all dk's heal insane or hit with multiple scourge strikes and thats because they dont know how to play dk ;D

Complaining about blood dks in arena, REALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash
    It saddens me that they are doing with Frost DKs what they did with Enhancement Shamans.
    They really either don't care about making more than 1 "version" of a tree viable.

They make Frost DW balanced -> they completely ignore 2h from now on.
    They aren't opening ways for players to make several specs.
    They always pigeonhole players into making always the same talent choices given a certain gear and "spec".

They only keep players going on while the players aren't 100% geared. When they are, the truth arises, but that's usually about the time Blizzard makes some big changes, to keep players guessing.
    I can't see why you're bitching. DKs still have both Blood and Unholy as viable 2H specs. Who gives a shit if you want to use a 2h for Frost? The reason they made Enhancement a DW class is because they want to distribute how many people can use the weapons that drop in a raid environment. If shamans could use a 2h and be viable, that would mean there were even more classes that need 2hs, and pretty much only rogues would use 1hs for their primary weapons.

Make frost strike hit with both weapons imo.

Quote Originally Posted by AoBman05
    Sure frost DW is doing great DPS on the PTR, but what about the ones who liked 2H Frost?

too bad? go cry to your mommy?

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun
    No, thank YOU, for being a complete fool, and not realizing that viable frost PVP is nearly finished as of 3.2.

Nerfing frost was not unreasonable. The extent they took it to is. Frost is no longer a viable arena spec, Unholy despite its nerfs has become our only legit PVP option.
    So I am the fool? funny... Just for the record did you play an Arms warrior Before juggernaut? did you play a warrior at all in S5? i don't think so. Don't come with this crap saying you're forced to PvP as unholy before juggernaut warriors were forced into fury for any decent damage output or at least near-bis PvE gear for prot pvp to be decent.

Oh guess what juggernaut was nerfed to the ground just some weeks later after it was introduced because you know those 4 k ms crits were really game breaking.

Oh wait i forgot something we still had our bread and butter gap closer nerfed because you know God forbid we might get into range and not be kited for a whole match.

So yeah call me a fool if you will but you're still crying out loud because you're being balanced now and can't butt-roll anymore.

Welcome to the world of warlocks during BC. QQ more. You knew it was coming.

IF a DK starts complaining about "Frost not viable in Arenas.", and gets the required adjustment for it, then he shall be killed in real life, in the hands of the hundreds of Fire Mages who are yearning to be viable at PvP at all, let alone Arenas.

Yea, I said it.

If the mages fail, then Holy Priests will kill him.

There are many other specs waiting around for years to be viable in PvP/Arena.

WELCOME TO THE DAMN CLUB. Wait your turn, or GET ANOTHER SPEC.

Just stop whining, nobody wants to hear it.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun
    You're an ignorant moron.

First, I don't care about past classes thats needed buffs. Irrelevant to the conversation and it only serves as evidence that you're a clueless idiot who has no knowledge here, so instead of refute you'll just name other classes that were weaker.

Second, you made the claim that Frost is fine, just balanced. NO, its not fine, its too weak to be viable. Period. Now, try to actually disprove that, or piss off and quit posing as a knowledgable PVPer because telling me weaker classes in history does not disprove any of what I'm saying.

They nerfed Frost too much in PVP to keep DW from being OP in PVE. It is what it is and it is no longer a viable PVP spec. I don't even play Frost and I don't give a shit, I just don't like seeing arrogant morons like yourself barging in claiming "ITS FINE UR JUST BAD" when no, it is not fine for arenas. Frost wasn't a good arena spec without the sigil. Now its just bad, period.
    So you can't even make a sentence without nerdraging or saying '' you're an idiot '' everytime.

And still i'm an arrogant idiot. That's very interesting and all. You're still the same cry baby we usually see on the forums. Crying because you can't face roll anymore. So what? you said you'rself you don't care so why the rage? You're complaining because Frost isn't viable guess what a lot of specs weren't or still aren't viable why don't we talk about that? Because you can't accept the fact that you were just brought down to other classes level. It's simple as that.

Kharay1977

Quote Originally Posted by cjap2010
    Welcome to the world of warlocks during BC. QQ more. You knew it was coming.
    .. what, Warlocks are doing BETTER now? Since when?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy
    So your no longer the most OP class in the game in both pve and pvp. About time you got nerfed. Your tears are truely delicious.
    100% /sign

/facepalm to all DKs who say that they aren't OP

i honestly cant believe you're complaining. i get 9k crits all the time and its not even fair. i see a little rogue trying to stun me and all he can do is eat my 9-10k crit while in pvp gear its completely unfair, and in pve frost is one of the better specs as for pvp its insane if you need alot of burst

RIGHT

Starting off, I would like to remind people that Frost, is the Tanking spec, as in, a spec that absorbs damage. In PvP the only thing your supposed to bring to the table is that you can take a lot of punishment. Complaining that your not doing enough damage is, very very sad.

I can understand the DW issue, I can see how some people would find that change to be frustrating in someway, but looking at what has been changed it's still ok for people to use the 2h'er if they wish.

Calling these nerfs unfair is really pathetic. As a warrior, I am heavily gear dependent on all fronts, however, the original TG helped out in this area a little bit, it allowed me to pump out a bit more damage than I would of done originally and it was nice. However, that got nerfed and I said "It's cool, I'll just get better gear." However, I decided to focus on school, then this game, so when I got back and saw that I didn't have the DPS for Ulduar, I expected it. I'm not going to say "It's unfair that I don't get free gear after leaving for 3 months" no. Toughness was brought down so it was on par with other classes, that's fair isn't it? The problem is that people don't understand the power of certain abilities, or have such a detication to their class that they're view is bias on nerfs. I understand why as a Fury Warrior TG was brought down, it was rediculous at times what damage I could pump out. There are times where I am angered in PvP because I feel like running around with an MS isn't special anymore or that its simply not enough.

I can run around and reduce your healing by 50%! But so can Hunters, and Rogues...but it's cool, because now I can charge in combat and get a chance to crit with that MS with this charge. A frost DK doesn't do a tremendous a lot of damage but they can survive a long time, especially with the Frost Presence up.