Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Lack of instances?

Quote Originally Posted by Larivas
    You completely ignored SSC and TK. They'd be the ones you should be comparing with Uld, not BT/Hyjal.
    Wow I spaced hardcore. My apologies.

I went and looked again, through all the bosses.

Total of 51 bosses in BC
    Total of 39 bosses in WOTLK

10 more in BC than what is CURRENTLY in WOTLK (So thats not counting anything of IC).
    Again, let me reiterate 21months vs 9 months.

So -11 bosses in less than half the time. Lets say another month, hell even 2 months before 3.2 hits (which is too far) That will put it at 21vs11 months. which is 52% of the time.

So if you wanted the "correct" amount of "content" (bosses) 52% of 50 = 26. So that puts us, an amazingly 12 bosses ahead of where we "should" be. Not counting Icecrown. Not counting the tuning for different modes (10/hard, 25/hard).

I can agree with the trash issue, though. I honestly dont think there is enough. Its literally like 2 pulls, then a boss. 2 pulls, boss. no pulls, boss. Its a bit excessive on that department. Then again, I dont want it to be 20 pulls between bosses either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator
    Personally I would have built Ulduar as two separate instances. The Siege of Ulduar + Assembly of Iron would have been one instance (basically Flame Leviathan, then you can do Razorscale or Ignis, then there's XT and then you port into the chamber with Assembly of Iron), and then everything else would be the other instance (Kologarn => Auriaya => Keepers=>Vezax=>Yogg, with Algalon's chamber at the entrance). Has nothing to do with lack of content, just that personally I think ulduar is pretty damn big for one lockout.
    All that sounds like is a preference thing of not wanting to clear xx boss anymore. Which I'm really impartial on. I like the idea, but it doesnt bother me enough to really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Suikiele
    Let me toss you a little factoid to see if it helps you interpret your numbers: I raided in a guild, starting at Karazhan, and continued straight on through pre-nerf M'uru. I was with a very consistent group over two years or so, and always on the bleeding edge of content and difficulty.

When Wrath hit, the majority of our playerbase was still there. But over the 6 months of extremely lethargy on Blizzard's part, guild member after member left the game, because there was simply nothing left to do. When Ulduar was released, there was simply no one left who gave a shit. If it was one of two people, I would understand "Yeah, people change and move on". But this was epidemic in scope, and it appears it happened all across the server, and other servers. The people who were accustomed to difficulty and challenges were either massively let down by what was offered, or flat out rejected the "Hard Mode" philosophy.

I hate when people use this methodology. If you want hard, do it hard. I never understood why people who wanted this "really hard wipefest bosses" didnt just go for hardmode first. I understand on some of them thats not possible. (timed ones like hodir, as you dont wipe if you dont meet the hardmode timer, you just dont get hardmode completed)
    Theres your hard mode, and the only 'reason' I can logically draw from it, is you are too worried about what other players are doing and less focused on enjoying yourself in the game.

Edit: Im failing hard today, apparently I should have just kept working instead of hoping on here with even more numbers lol. I counted gruul as 1 boss instead of 2 in the totalation.

An accurate look at the TBC Vs WoLK tier content in direct comparison would be something like this:

TBC Raid content:
    1st tier - Kara (12*) + Gruul (2) + Mag (1) = 15
    2nd tier - SSC (6) + TK (4) = 10
    2.5 sidegrades - ZA (6) = 6
    3rd tier - BT (9) + Hyjal (5) = 14
    3.5 extention - Sunwell (6) = 6

*I count kara as 12 bosses, because you can only kill 1 of the 3 opera event bosses per week. And if you want to be honest, you could probably count it as 11 bosses, because almost NO ONE ever killed the optional beast boss in the servants quarters.

WoLK raid Content:
    1st Tier - Naxx (15) + Sarth (1) + Maly (1) = 17
    2nd tier - Ulduar (14) = 14
    3rd tier - Tournament (5?) = 5?

If you count the tournament as being on a comparative level with ZA release, we are ahead. if you also count the fact that every instance in WoLK has 10 and 25 man modes (all of which have complete loot tables), and that Sarth and most of ulduar has Hard modes that are required to get some of the loot) we are WAY ahead.

I mean, regardless of if you want to admit it or not, if you added up all the loot from 10 and 25 man WoLK tier 1 content, there are probably more items there then there are in the first 3 tiers of loot content in TBC put together.

Deleted

WOW! Naxx has 15 bosses! Its so much!

Wait...

Somehow i dont recall any of naxx bosses being harder than Nightbane

Am going to quote this

*I count kara as 12 bosses, because you can only kill 1 of the 3 opera event bosses per week. And if you want to be honest, you could probably count it as 11 bosses, because almost NO ONE ever killed the optional beast boss in the servants quarters.
    Sorry, but Project Lore did xD and they are important part of wow casual world xD

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Doubtful....
    Likely they'll continue in the same way.
    You sure do like to spread pessimism and false information around just to please yourself in denigrating Blizzard don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Firegod
    Karazhan = 13 bosses (thats counting chess, which was lol)
    Gruul = 2 bosses
    Mag = 1 boss
    Total = 16 (again, counting chess)

Naxx = 15 bosses
    Malygos = 1 boss
    Sarth = 1 boss
    Total = 17 bosses

Difference of ONE boss.

Hyjal = 5 bosses
    BT = 9 bosses

Ulduar = 14 bosses

GASP the SAME amount of bosses.

Sunwell = 6 bosses

Coliseum = 5 bosses
    What this wise guy said.

And don't tell me "doesn't count because it's the same instance" because SSC/TK/BT/MH ALL had the same background during bosses, Ulduar is the MOST various dungeon ever.

Deleted

TBH i couldnt care less about the ammounts of bosses. Its not fun to run one same place over again.. Mostly i enjoy about raid instances is what they look like... in TBC we had multiple different looking instances and we were able to choose did we want to go SSC or TK that night..

But in WOTLK at least little bit seriously raiding guilds have only one instance to go in.. Ulduar. And what comes for me.. i really got fed up with that place within first 2-4 weeks... and now its just boring looking place with many bosses "yeij"

No One can desagre with the fact that when Wotlk is out, there is a true lack of instance.

Just don't think in terms of instances but rather bosses :
    TBC :
    - Karazhan 11 or so
    - Gruul 1
    - Magtheridon 1
    - ZA 6
    - SSC 6
    - TK 5
    - MH 5
    - BT 9
    - SWP 6
    = total 50 bosses (maybe forgot some)

WOTLK :
    - Naxx 15
    - Sarth 1
    - Maly 1
    - Ulduar 14
    - Trial 5 ? (not sure)
    - Icecrown ?
    = total 36 bosses, + icecrown. That's gonna be the same around 50. But remember each boss is available 10 and 25 man so that's 100, plus heroic modes for the trial (and maybe icecrown).

WOTLK content > TBC content (in terms of number of bosses)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

TK only had 4 too.