Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Hey could you help me please? :D

    Hey! :]
    I dinged yesterday to 80 and I started doing heroics as a disc priest and I have few questions about disc-
    1) My keybindings, would be nice if somebody could tell me if I am not missing any important skill
    http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/755...2509000937.jpg
    2) Could you tell me if my specc and glyphs are good?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ane&n=Doomwish
    3) when im raiding, as a disc do I just need to heal the tank? and if not what skills do i have to use for raid healing?
    4)My rotation most of the time is , before the tank goes i cast PW:S , ProM and Renew on him, after his HP goes down I cast PW:S and Penance, after that I just wait or something since HCs are easy mode, but if his hp goes down fast I cast a greater heal on him. Is my rotation is good enough?
    5) as a disc should I take gear with mp 5 instead of other stats like haste or crit ?
    Which sockets should I gem ? crit and spell power then int? or what?
    Thanks in advance and have a good evening =]
    Another edit - just remember about one more question
    Could you give me some useful macros? dont really know what but there is must be something.thanks

    Shielding your life since 2007 yo

  2. #2

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    (1) ADDONS: Download either Grid+Clique (two separate addons) or Healbot. Yes, I know some folks get the job done w/ mouseover macros and whatnot, but I have yet to find anyone in-game who hasn't seen their healing efficiency greatly improve by using one of these. If you decide to go holy, I suggest downloading PowerAuras as well to better track your SoL procs.

    (2) DISCO:
    Some folks have a few points in other places, but in general, a good spec is: 57/14/0

    (a) SPELLS&ROLE: As with any healing, there is no "rotation." The spells you will use most frequently in Disco are: PW:S, Penance, Flash Heal, ProM, BH, & PS. As a Disco priest, your main function will be tank healing.

    PW:S: PW:S should always be cast on the tanks when the WS debuff wears off on them. Even though your primary duty is to keep the tank alive, you should take advantage of your ability to throw PW:S on the raid. If the tank is topped, feel free to put PW:S on a raid member who is taking damage, or on key persons in your raid. Not only will this help the raid healers, but it will increase your mana efficiency through Rapture.
    ProM: Should always be cast on the tank on CD.
    Penance: As of right now, Penance is usually casted on CD on the tank(s), however, with the upcoming CD nerf in 3.2, it would be wise to practice saving this spell for when the tank needs Burst Healing Now(tm).
    Binding Heal: BH should always be used when you need a heal. If the tank is topped off, cast this on a raid member who needs healing.
    Pain Suppression: PS is your DR CD. It is used for when the tank is taking a known massive hit that would else normally kill him. Think of it as an extra shield wall for your tank.
    Flash Heal: Flash Heal is your "filler" spell. This should be used on the tank/raid when the WS debuff is still active and ProM and Penance are on CD.


    (b) GLYPHS: Penance, FH, and PW:S are the most commonly used glyphs as Disco. Minors should be SF, Fade, and Levitate. There are other useful glyphs, but these are the standard.

    (c) GEAR&STATS: Priority for gear should be SP>INT>Mp5>SPI. For enchants use what makes sense. Gem for INT.
    Haste vs. Crit: These stats should be balanced for maximum effectiveness. Haste makes your FH & Penance faster, good for raw through put when the tank is taking massive damage. However, Crit has more synergy with Aegis, a spec defining ability. As a rule, Crit is desired over haste. Neither should be enchanted/gemmed.

    (3)SPELLS OF EQUAL USE TO BOTH SPECS:

    Shadowfiend&Hymn of Hope: Your main abilities for mana regen. The mechanics are a bit clunky, but if used properly will return a huge chunk of mana:

    (1)Cast Shadowfiend
    (2)Cast HoH until you receive the 20% mana increase buff.

    Using these in concert will bring most priest from near OOM to near full.

    Divine Hymn: Used as your raid wide "OH SHIT" button. Macro this to Inner Focus to both negate the massive mana cost and increase each heals' crit by 25%.
    Stay tuned to my website which should be up within the month www.healingpriest.com


  3. #3

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    the talent [Divine Fury] is useless, you don't use Greater Heal.
    Put 2/2 Healing Focus and 3/3 Inspiration, Put the other one on Improved Flash Heal.
    Silent Resolve is not that needed (or atleast some priests i inspected and i didn't need it), put 2 of them on Improved Flash Heal so it will become 3/3 and leave it 1/3.

  4. #4

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisd
    Hey! :]
    I dinged yesterday to 80 and I started doing heroics as a disc priest and I have few questions about disc-
    1) My keybindings, would be nice if somebody could tell me if I am not missing any important skill
    http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/755...2509000937.jpg
    2) Could you tell me if my specc and glyphs are good?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ane&n=Doomwish
    3) when im raiding, as a disc do I just need to heal the tank? and if not what skills do i have to use for raid healing?
    4)My rotation most of the time is , before the tank goes i cast PW:S , ProM and Renew on him, after his HP goes down I cast PW:S and Penance, after that I just wait or something since HCs are easy mode, but if his hp goes down fast I cast a greater heal on him. Is my rotation is good enough?
    5) as a disc should I take gear with mp 5 instead of other stats like haste or crit ?
    Which sockets should I gem ? crit and spell power then int? or what?
    Thanks in advance and have a good evening =]
    Just a few quick comments:
    4) You dont need to use renew most of the time, it is not that effective as discipline, and I've recently taken all my points out of it and nearly stopped using it all together.

    And to add with what Aswed said, most disc priests dont use G.Heal. I've seen some do, but I just do not prefer that type of style. (baring the fact I've not done any number research to see if its even worth it).

  5. #5

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    What Spiritus said. That's roughly all you need to know. Good luck healing!
    If I was a Blizz server technician, I'd hijack a server and use it to download porn 24/7. Guess why the instance servers always are full B]

  6. #6

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Thanks so much for your comments guys, I've read it all and changed to wait you said, im using now the specc the first guy gave me on his post 57/14/0.
    I have one more question, when i will raid, hope it will be any time soon. I tried healing bot but its so wierd for me, I had a hard time to set it up and nothing good happend from that, i just clicked on somebody and it started healing him o.o , how am i supposed to help shielding raid members when the tank is full when i just click on them and it start casting some healing spells or i dont know, I'm really bad at those kind of addons and any help would be appreciated. =[
    thanks again
    and just some stupid question, how much do you heal with Penance? I heal for like 2.5k and max 4.5k crit , I know its low but I just want to know what to aim like with penance.

    Shielding your life since 2007 yo

  7. #7

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisd
    Thanks so much for your comments guys, I've read it all and changed to wait you said, im using now the specc the first guy gave me on his post 57/14/0.
    I have one more question, when i will raid, hope it will be any time soon. I tried healing bot but its so wierd for me, I had a hard time to set it up and nothing good happend from that, i just clicked on somebody and it started healing him o.o , how am i supposed to help shielding raid members when the tank is full when i just click on them and it start casting some healing spells or i dont know, I'm really bad at those kind of addons and any help would be appreciated. =[
    thanks again
    and just some stupid question, how much do you heal with Penance? I heal for like 2.5k and max 4.5k crit , I know its low but I just want to know what to aim like with penance.
    You first have to disable the "Smart Heal" function on healbot, or it will do stupid things all the time. Second, you must set your click bindings for the heals you use most often. This is my click binding set up:

    Left Click: FH
    Middle Click: Renew
    Right Click: GH

    Shift+Left Click: ProM
    Shift+Middle Click: Pennance
    Shift+Right Click: PW:S

    Ctrl+Left Click: BH
    Ctrl+Middle Click: PoH
    Ctrl+Right Click: PS

    Alt+ Left Click: AD
    Alt+ Right Click: Dispel Magic

    This is my set up because it has been my set up for years. I don't even know why I have GH even bound to Right Click... 'cept that its always been there. There is no trick to it... just bind things that will be useful and become so comfortable with it that you no longer think about what each click combo is.

    There isn't really a benchmark for SP, rather, you need to first make sure that you'll never oom on a fight, and then from there, increase your SP. If your using your spells well enough, your SP should be good as long as your tackling content that your gear can support (ie- don't jump into Ulduar25 in blues and expect to keep the tank up with ease).

  8. #8

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisd
    I have one more question, when i will raid, hope it will be any time soon. I tried healing bot but its so wierd for me, I had a hard time to set it up and nothing good happend from that, i just clicked on somebody and it started healing him o.o , how am i supposed to help shielding raid members when the tank is full when i just click on them and it start casting some healing spells or i dont know, I'm really bad at those kind of addons and any help would be appreciated. =[
    thanks again
    and just some stupid question, how much do you heal with Penance? I heal for like 2.5k and max 4.5k crit , I know its low but I just want to know what to aim like with penance.
    An important thing to remember when primarily tank-healing in raid is that you want to keep grace on them at all times, when possible. Most heals that you might throw on other raid members will remove the grace buff from the tank and begin application to the new heal target, meaning you need to land 3 more heals to re-establish its full benefit on the tank. A couple of casts that you can use to assist elsewhere while maintaining maximum effectiveness on the tank are PWS and PoM. An example of this would be on XT in Ulduar - you can stay focused on the MT, but when someone gets hit with Gravity Well just throw a shield and PoM on them and it should completely resolve the damage from it when it blooms, while still maintaining grace on the MT.

    As to ways to simplify things, PWS is the spell you'll most often use to assist with raid healing support when you have spare GCD's while MT healing. Using Grid and Clique, I set it up so that right-clicking on a target casts a shield, which makes it very easy to manage - especially when you're shield-spamming before some predicatble, substantial raid-wide damage (i.e., kologarn, xt tantrum, etc).

    Oh, as regards to GH and its uses for discipline priests... I recommend against devoting any points towards reducing the cast time, but there are times when you'll want to use it. Generally it's best to cast it when you have the borrowed time buff after a PWS (note that you can cast penance with the haste without consuming the buff), but even then it's normally only good when there is a very large amount of predictable damage coming in to the tank (examples here would be after Steelbreaker's fusion punch in council fight, or after Mimiron's plasma blast).

    Edit - you'll also want to be sure to configure your grid or healbot to display magic and disease debuffs to simplify cleansing. Grid is nice in that you can also add in specific ones you want to monitor for (knowing when Unstable Afflicition is up is particularly important in arena, for example, or knowing who has roots in freya, etc)
    Bigslick (2/7 Mythic) Lethal on Thunderhorn-US, 2 night raid schedule
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  9. #9

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    I know I'm probably asking for it, but I do have to disagree about the Healbot > Mouseover comment. I used HealBot for the latter half of BC and the first few months of WotLK and it never stuck with me. I switched to Grid/Clique and had the same issue. At that point I moved to mouseover macros + Grid and it's worked fantastically for me ever since. For me the macros worked how I wanted to and the switch has improved my play.

    In this case I think it's much better advice to just tell people to try a few things and see what works for them rather than necessarily rating one method higher than the other (although we can agree it's better than the default of target -> heal).

  10. #10

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Might I also add that PoH combined with borrowed time is the virtual version of sex in wow? Take Kologarn for example. When there's an incoming shockwave, you can in a very short about of time shield up like 5-10 people easily, and once the shockwave hits you'll get mana back from each and every one of them thanks to rapture (which with my mana level is more than the shield costs, tihi ^^). Then you can use the borrowed time you still got left to throw a ~2 sec PoH on one group. Instant win.
    If I was a Blizz server technician, I'd hijack a server and use it to download porn 24/7. Guess why the instance servers always are full B]

  11. #11

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Good morning all.
    First of all thanks for your help, it really helped me and I've got few more questions to ask
    1) Could anybody post here a screen shot of his UI with healbot/grid or whatever there is
    2) Could you explain me abit more about the mouse over/grid that somebody talked about earlier?Like I see the hp of all the raid members and just mouse over their name and cast what ever I want? If so, how do I do that?
    3) How much your PW:S absorbs because mine absorbs like 2.3k and it doesnt seem to be really useful
    4) When Divine Aegis procs on tank and I have PW:S on him too, will it absorb damage from the Divine Aegis first and then absorb damage from the shield?
    edit: another question I forgot to ask, "Flash Heal: Flash Heal is your "filler" spell. This should be used on the tank/raid when the WS debuff is still active and ProM and Penance are on CD" If the tank has 100% hp and my ProM and Penance are on CD then do I just need to spam Flash Heal even if it overheals him or just to wait untill his hp drops? I know it may sound stupid but I really have no idea. Thanks and have a good day.

    Shielding your life since 2007 yo

  12. #12

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    its impossible for ur shield to absorb only 2.3k ... it absorbs around 2.5k on its own ... add to that talents and it should reach about 4k absorb
    don`t know about divine aegis / pws prio unfortunately but doesn`t really matter since they`ll both go down
    unfortunately im not a healer and can`t help you with the UI ... some1 more qualified assist

  13. #13

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Chell82
    its impossible for ur shield to absorb only 2.3k ... it absorbs around 2.5k on its own ... add to that talents and it should reach about 4k absorb
    don`t know about divine aegis / pws prio unfortunately but doesn`t really matter since they`ll both go down
    unfortunately im not a healer and can`t help you with the UI ... some1 more qualified assist
    Just checked and it absorbs 2564 damage, Thanks for your comment anyway :P
    edit : Maybe it doesnt show the real number it absorbs after the talents in the tooltip, anyway to know how much it absorbs?

    Shielding your life since 2007 yo

  14. #14

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisd
    Just checked and it absorbs 2564 damage, Thanks for your comment anyway :P
    edit : Maybe it doesnt show the real number it absorbs after the talents in the tooltip, anyway to know how much it absorbs?
    You can see how much it absorbs by using the PW: Shield glyph ( Heals for 20% of the amount shielded ), take what it heals when you shield and multiply it by 5

  15. #15

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    ok... it absorbs 2564 with improved power word shield .... add to that borrowed time and in pro gear you should reach about 2.4k sp in raids... thats another 1k... so ok not 4k... but 3.5k

  16. #16

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Yseran
    You can see how much it absorbs by using the PW: Shield glyph ( Heals for 20% of the amount shielded ), take what it heals when you shield and multiply it by 5
    Nice didn't think about that I heal for 994, so its almost 5k :P didn't think it absorbs so much

    Shielding your life since 2007 yo

  17. #17

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisd
    Nice didn't think about that I heal for 994, so its almost 5k :P didn't think it absorbs so much
    In raids mine often absorbs ~7k, so 5k is very likely.
    If I was a Blizz server technician, I'd hijack a server and use it to download porn 24/7. Guess why the instance servers always are full B]

  18. #18

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonixis
    Might I also add that PoH combined with borrowed time is the virtual version of sex in wow? Take Kologarn for example. When there's an incoming shockwave, you can in a very short about of time shield up like 5-10 people easily, and once the shockwave hits you'll get mana back from each and every one of them thanks to rapture (which with my mana level is more than the shield costs, tihi ^^). Then you can use the borrowed time you still got left to throw a ~2 sec PoH on one group. Instant win.
    Rapture says you get mana back from only one shield, and that the effect can't occur more than once every 12 seconds. Have you got a log to confirm if this actually works like this?

  19. #19

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Rapture says you get mana back from only one shield, and that the effect can't occur more than once every 12 seconds. Have you got a log to confirm if this actually works like this?
    The 12 secs part is giving people the energy, rage, mana etc. That effect can only happen once every 12 sec on any given player.

  20. #20

    Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

    While I know many great healers that use mouse-over macros to heal, I suggest click-binding for the following:

    (1) Frees up easily accessible buttons for PTT, Fade, DH, Shadowfiend, HoH, etc. I play on a laptop so keyboard real-estate is at a premium.

    (2) Holy priests can use more than 11 *HEALING/DISPELLING" spells on any fight... not to include your utility/mana-regen spells. On my keyboard, that would take some hella creative finger gymnastics.

    (3) Again, another personal opinion, but when I move my mouse to click, it feels like its all one motion. When I use mouseover macros, I feel like I'm doing two separate things, mousing over + pushing macro.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •