15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Ex priest asking for advice.

So basically when wrath was launched I lvld my hunter. No regrets.
    However, I do miss playing my priest. General shout out to the community out there :
    Fun in pvp? Disc, Holy or Shadow?
    How do you fair against the other classes out there?
    Want to focus mainly around pvp.
    Anything else you want to add please go ahead.

Ty in advance

-A

Re: Ex priest asking for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Catface
    priests facerolls warlocks atleast
    Afflic > All priest
    Disc > Destro > Shadow
    Demo is shit.

If you wanna pvp.
    Disc all the way

If you wanna pve.
    Disc all the way.

Disc is op, nothing else worth speccing.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Since Strykzor fails at reading comprehension yet again:

If you want to focus mainly around PvP, Disco is by and large the most popular and sustainable spec. It has the most survivability, the most utility, and the ability move from offensive pressure to healing seamlessly.

Can i point out, the most fun i have had in bg's with a priest was as shadow, now its true i got raped by rogues, but against most ranged classes and melee attacking other people, they are a blast.

But if you have a dps friend you like to pvp with, then disc is quite fun, cause the two of you can just faceroll people if you both competent at pvp :P
    Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Since Strykzor fails at reading comprehension yet again:
    Op wanted to know what was good for Arena

2nd posted missed the point.

I corrected Post number 2, followed by a few of my thoughts.

Then i proceeded to say
    If you wanna pvp.
    Disc all the way

If you wanna pve.
    Disc all the way.

Disc is op, nothing else worth speccing.
    Also answering the OPs main question.
    "what is good for PvP" ?

Saying i miss the point, or that im a troll, really doesn't cut it anymore.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Seriously dude dont think of your character for 1v1 focus for 3v3 what the game is balanced for.

Id say get dual spec gear as Disc and play arena as Disc but switch it up and do some Shadow in BG's its fun!

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, most priests are disc but holy is pretty nice atm. Both disc and holy are getting a bit of a nerf in 3.2 though

Currently I am holy, makes raid healing a breeze

OP's question was PVP though :P

Disc and Holy are both strong solid PVE specs, but you have to lessen yourself in one area (raidhealing, singletarget) to be really good at the other. Shadowpriests do competitive DPS in PVE, but I personally find it a bit like an amputated warlock. That's just me.

As far as PVP goes...

Disc is the one and only viable PVP spec for priests. As a discpriest you are a PVP tank with capabilities of both healing, going offensive and bringing utility like dispelling and on-the-fly offensive and defensive buffs - and most importantly, changing between these as the situation demands. It's a very good spec, but one very reliant on help from your partner; you won't win alone with a meleer on your back.

Holypriests are subpar in PVP, but share a lot of characteristics with discipline. However, while you have notably stronger heals, you have significantly lower survivability, shorter longevity in terms of mana, almost a nonexistant offensive presence, less talents improving your utility, and guardian spirit is very prone to bugging out of saving lives. Some die-hard holypriests still do okay though, but Ghostcrawler used the holypriest as an example of a spec not quite there yet and I dont think many disagree. Don't expect this to change anytime soon. Your biggest strengt will be the uninterruptable healing done when you die. Very few priests do PVP as holy.

Shadowpriests are also a bit subpar in PVP. While the damage done is okay enough, the shadowpriest have almost no burst damage, very limited CC compared to all other casters, and most important the shadowpriest is lacking in survivability. After dispersion (aka self-silence) is gone, the shadowpriest is a sitting duck with no means of defence, and everyone knows it to the point where you will usually be killed first because you are an easy target. A recurring topic of discussion on the blizzard forums can be observed with the devs trying to explain that dispersion is good, and the players disagree.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Anium
    However, I do miss playing my priest. General shout out to the community out there :

Ty in advance

-A
    In Arena - Disc. In BGs I prefer Shadow.

Re: duels - if skilled and play properly you can win duels against majority of classes as shadow or disc but duels mean nothing.

Don't be afraid to pop cooldowns early (power infusion, pain suppression etc) since it's not like in TBC where you waited for the perfect moment to pop it, perfect moment is when someone focuses you (as disc).

There are certain setups (RMP, rogue disc DK) that are fairly easy to get to a better rating with so if you're in for pvp - disc all the way.

And please, ignore Strykzor's troll posts, he's one of those angry carried guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium

Ty in advance

-A
    Depends on what you enjoy. Since you went with a hunter I assume you like seeing big numbers, so for BGs shadow is probably what you want, although a well-played disc literally dominates.

For PvE, using the same logic....if you like big numbers go with holy, but if you're about efficiency go with disc.

FYI - I'm holy PvE and disc PvP. Tried shadow PvP and it's fun, but you have to be very geared and very good.