Thread: is 3,2 a nerf??

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

is 3,2 a nerf??

hi.. im not a ret pally but i play with one in my 2v2 as ret/druid..im the druid
    i have 0 experience at playing RET so i want to ask you guys

is 3,2 a nerf overall for PVP??(ARENA 2v2 that is)..if yes,how much of a nerf and why??

pls keep it civilized and thank you in advance

Re: is 3,2 a nerf??

For the annouced PTR Notes it's a good fix and slightly a buff to our single target dps, in case you meant Ret. For Protection, it's going to be a lovely buff for them. Holy as well..

But uh well, since last build was up.. things are not going good for Rets due that weird behavior of Seal of Vengeance/Corruption, it's only applying with White Attacks (Autoattack) to apply the DoT stacks/proc..

We still don't know though.. if it's a nerf.. or a bug. I personally hope it's a bug only.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Up until recently is will be a slight burst nerf, but dps increase.

Though with this latest build there is either a huge bug or Blizzard is about to make some big changes to ret, we are still waiting for the answer.

IMO people are putting too much stock in the glitch with how SoV is applying right now. That change is inconsistent with what Blizzard has been saying throughout this patch cycle. It's a glitch, they'll fix it.

This patch looks to be an overall buff to ret for PVP. Unfortunately, 2's is second-rate now so the buff feels pretty empty if you're someone who prefers 2's.

10+ Year Old Account

Well for pve its a buff but for pvp it is really a nerf because without burst we have a snowballs chance in hell to beat healers, mages, good hunters and warlocks.
    In the case of healers its because with no burst and no healing reduction they can just stand there and laugh at us while they use hots/shields etc..
    In the case of hunters, mages, and locks its because we only have a crapy ranged sap & stun with a long cd + with lower burst we don't have a reliable way to burn them down when we manage to get back on them after they spam cc us.
    Its the curse of our class, we have allot of self buffs and buffs for allies but we don't have much to debuff the enemy and slow them down. When it comes right down to it hand of freedom is great for removing snares & stuns if talented but it is useless against fear, disorients, sheep etc..
    I've talked allot about it with other paladins on the ptr and it seems that unless ret teams up with a class that can make up for these shortcomings they won't likely do very well in 2v2 arena, so next season you might want to move on to 3v3 or have a rouge/warrior/mage play with your ret friend because they will compliment his abilities (and lacking abilities) better then a healer will.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

pvp will be in a better place

pve will be in a better place

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    me is afraid of tons of protoholy paladins(
    new *ardent defender* is something uber indeed.
    though i didnt seen taht much protoholy paladins in 3's but well, who knows, who knows..
    You surely know that the HP gain when you die will scale with defence, and prot-healing paladins have none, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    sure i do, but did you know, that prot-healing paladins DO have some, right?
    No, they dont.
    They wear healing gear.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    For Protection, it's going to be a lovely buff for them. Holy as well..
    Holy will be dead in 3.2. New Beacon fixes nothing and Illumination nerf ruins the only thing that holy was good at.

As others have said, they're lowering the Paladin's insane initial burst in exchange for higher DPS.

Retardadins will see a damage decrease. Everyone else will be able to work with it.

Not a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by funkeh
    Holy will be dead in 3.2. New Beacon fixes nothing and Illumination nerf ruins the only thing that holy was good at.
    Uhm, listen.. I'm really really not in Holy and not expert in it at all. But still, you're overreacting, it'll never be dead. Stacking gems other than Intellect and watching your button smashing a lil bit more doesn't kill a class.

Only thing that I heard about is the FoL Hot on SS being overridden by second FoL that will reset the hot.. but class dead? I think you are really, overreacting. Just like the guy above who was like "PVP NERFED NO BURST ZOMG" sigh~

People..

Made by myself while I'm bored..

really though ret pally burst isn't enough on any healer with a fair amount of resil and a heal button

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    Uhm, listen.. I'm really really not in Holy and not expert in it at all. But still, you're overreacting, it'll never be dead. Stacking gems other than Intellect and watching your button smashing a lil bit more doesn't kill a class.

Only thing that I heard about is the FoL Hot on SS being overridden by second FoL that will reset the hot.. but class dead? I think you are really, overreacting. Just like the guy above who was like "PVP NERFED NO BURST ZOMG" sigh~

People..
    I don't think it will be dead, but you're not citing the biggest changes which are the nerf to mana recoup via illumination and the change to beacon.

These changes don't make us watch buttons more, they go a long way to turning us into perma-flash of light spammers.

Yes, we will be able to drop holy lights when needed on spike damage, but no where near like we did before.

The net result is that we will be better at raid healing, and a bit worse at MT healing.

If anything, the change to beacon makes us even more faceroll since all we have to do is refresh beacon on the tank and spam heal other people.

I think everyone is freaking out about Holy. Sure, you're losing a shit-ton of regen from Illumination. You're also getting a lot more Mp5. Is it going to balance out and let you keep spamming HL on an MT for 12 minutes? No. That's the point. You'll still be able to MT heal, you just won't be able to do it while macro'ing HL to every key and rolling your face across the keyboard.

It's not the end of the world, it's just a change to your playstyle.

Ret wise, I don't feel like it's a nerf at all. I don't even use SoV for pvp. Mainly because I feel it's clunky, not being able to cc people that I've hit recently really hurts my play style. To be honest, I've preferred using Command for that and other reasons, even before the SoV bug/fix. Kinda hope this SoV change is static, I thought it quite the gimmick to be having to use what has been for a while a tanking seal.
    Besides Damage, healing is better since Art of War is up nearly I'd say 85%+ of the time, and the HoT from sacred shield, plus sheath of light make it pretty sweet. Fun taking on 2x melee with no problem (all be it, nearly everyone on the PTR is terrible).
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnbarr
    really though ret pally burst isn't enough on any healer with a fair amount of resil and a heal button
    Every class doesn't have enough to burst down healers at the moment.

The whole point about healers is... umm... they can heal pretty well ya know? You aren't supposed to be able to wipe healers down.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd be fine with our burst being nerfed to the point it is at in 3.2 or possibly even more if they gave us some offensive utility, atm almost all of our utility is defensive. Granted we have our stun and ranged sap but there cooldown is so long that if the enemy can get out of them or survive the initial stun/repent our chance of survival/winning drops greatly. Add the fact on that we have no way to slow other ppl down so we can stay on them long enough to wear them down with our crap burst and you get a broken pvp spec. I guess what I'm saying here is if they are going to take away burst they should give us some offensive utility like a ranged slow & or a lesser version of ms because without those our chances of beating ranged classes that can kite/cc and or heal become laughable.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account

Btw before ya flame my last post, if your a melee I don't hink its right we can just steamroll over you ether. I'd gladly trade some of our defensive utility for offensive utility that way you would have a better chance against us and we would have a better chance against ranged classes that can kite/cc & heal.