Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cheated out of Rune Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Miseration
    Yep I agree. I was in a run where a Fury warrior rolled and beat a hunter out on rune edge. The Warrior had Betrayer/Ironsoul.
    Both of them are fare weaker than rune edge, with ilvl 226 agi weapon and 219 Str weapon, so what did you intent to say?
    Theres a bunch of weapons that are better than melee. Str > Agil for melee.
    1.) Yes Str is better than agi, but Weapon dps is FAR better than Str.
    2.) Agi items are far better Itemized than Str items, as they usually have agi + ap + x, while Str items only have Str + x the other ilvl232 weapon dropping in Ulduar25easy, Worldcarver, has worse stats than Rune edge as it will raise you over the expertise cap (and even if it doesn't it's still not significantly better than Rune Edge)

So you wouldn't mind if a rogue took Siren's Cry, Giant's Bane, Envoy of Mortality, etc?

No - you would go fucking nuts.

No respectable melee would roll against a hunter for any of those things - and you should return the favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Groznar
    Rune Edge is great for a Blood DK or Arms Warrior, not the best out there, but still good.

You should feel embarrassed for making this post as a typical hunter who is trying to take a weapon from melee.
    Rune edge is one of the best weapons for hunters.

Melee classes gain AP from all that Agi, rite? Hunters should be forced to roll only on staves like ferals once did, rite?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

This isn't interesting and it isn't threadworthy.

You lost an item in a pug. This happens every hour of every day. Lots of people still pug, because the possibility of losing an item is deemed acceptable risk because most of the time, with most people, looting is done fairly.

Fairly done loot does NOT mean that *you* get every item you want, every time, ever. That is actually not fair. You can come up with a million scenarios and justifications, and you can endlessly define and redefine what free rolls is or should be or whatever, but at the end of the day, most people try to do loot fairly most of the time.

Sure, maybe people should go down a list of possible scenarios, or spam you with endless "fine print at the bottom" type messages detailing what is done in what situation in order to enforce a maximum of fairness, but people tend not to like or read that sort of stuff anyway. Most people can easily see that this was probably a correct decision if it occurred as you describe. Free rolls is free rolls but it is common sense that when it comes to weapons, the weapon you actually attack with has higher bearing than the weapon you hold just for its stats. Don't think for a second that there aren't plenty of bows and guns that are better stat sticks for rogues and warriors than thrown weapons - there are, there always have been, and probably always will be. And, as in most systems of equality and fairness, we have a tit-for-tat arrangement here. It makes sense that hunters get ranged weapons first, it makes sense that melee get melee weapons first. Even in pugs. Even in free roll.

I've looted ranged weps to rogues over hunters in a free roll system before, mind you. And I felt dirty doing it. And I got tons and tons of flak for it. I've gone the other way and felt less dirty, and gotten less flak. Again, most people see the equitability of the argument in play here.

tl;dr - get over yourself, think about others and raid leading/people managing, and think about fairness as it relates to everyone in the group

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky
    So you wouldn't mind if a rogue took Siren's Cry, Giant's Bane, Envoy of Mortality, etc?

No - you would go fucking nuts.

No respectable melee would roll against a hunter for any of those things - and you should return the favor.
    In the world of huntards things dont work that way.

Firstly to the OP, most of the people on this forum will give you crap like the above responses. Secondly to the other respondents, this was a PUG, they said roll for main spec. It was clearly his main spec. They didn't say roll if this has the most beneficial stats to you. Thirdly, this is why I avoid PUGs like the plague. A vast majority of them are a mindless waste of my time, resources and patience. Gear yourself up, gain knowledge on your class, learn how to play well in a raid and market yourself to guilds that are progressing in your realm.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft
    Melee classes gain AP from all that Agi, rite? Hunters should be forced to roll only on staves like ferals once did, rite?
    As i pointed out before Agi items are usually on the same level as Str items, Rune Edge being no exception (Aesir's Edge is better but it is also a well itemized Hard Mode item, while World Carver is not).

Well, if I was a melee class and lost the roll on a melee weapon to a hunter I'd be pissed. If I was a hunter and lost a ranged weapon to a melee I'd be pissed.

So yeah, I think the leader did the right thing, even if it is a delicious second BiS. Wouldn't be the same though if the BiS was from a hard mode, but everyone should have access to Lotrafen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zal
    Not if you are an enhance shaman who likes 2 handers.....

Sorry a stupid huntard qq deserves a ridiculous response. Main spec goes for main weapons as well. A melee weapon is a secondary weapon for hunters as are bows/xbows/throwing for warriors. It may e a PUG but you should still act/cry within reason.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

the problem is ...

Blizzard didn't provide enough 2h weps. If they wanted this to be a hunter only wep it would have hunter only. Most 2h melee dps are either praying for this or world carver(both simple bosses in 25, meaning they are the most accessible).

So far my guild has just gotten yogg last week. We got lucky and he dropped the 2h mace. For some that have yet to even get yogg melee dps has only 2 options in 25s. Asier's edge is great and xt 10 hardmode is pretty simple, but some people only to raid 25s then don't log on until its another raid 25 night.

I think you got screwed OP and I am sorry for that, but honestly try to forgive and excuse some of the 2h melee as they are blood thirsty for 25 man uld ilvl weps.

I myself have yet to see one world carver drop and my guild has taken down ignis every week other than the first week of uld. IC has given us 3 runed edges (or 4) and they did go to hunters, all of them.

Sry the greed of people and again..you got screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    So yeah, I think the leader did the right thing, even if it is a delicious second BiS. Wouldn't be the same though if the BiS was from a hard mode, but everyone should have access to Lotrafen.
    Lotrafen on a PUG? well maybe in another month.

IMO if someone wants it and it's a legit upgrade, they should have equal chance.

Not my raid though. Always, always check loot rules before runs. Then you'll never feel cheated (unless of course it's a legitimate ninja).

TLR

This warrior has Lotrafen. AMG HECHEATEDS HUNTOR OUT OF HUNTOR WEAPONS!!!11111111 (pointing to my arms warrior)

PS: Rune edge is rubbish as arms, but very good for fury and all the other plate melee. I'm lucky I'm in a guild that is supportive, instead of letting a munter take Lotrafen while leaving me with only a Death's Bite. With expertise overflowing on my own classes' gear, Worldcarver is absolute rubbish.

I'm a hunter, and we all know melee are for melee, us rolling on a melee weapon gets priority after main spec before offspec.

This thread has been posted a million times on a thousand forums. It's a tale as old as WoW itself.

Read the responses you get. Understand why you get them. The phrase 'huntard' is most often synonymous with 'loot whore' for reasons like this. Look at your weapon. Look at Rune Edge. Now ask yourself how big of an upgrade it is. 20 AGI? 50 Attack Power?

Now look at a Rogue's Throwing Weapon. Now look at your BiS Gun. How much would he gain from stealing that from you? 20 AGI? 50 Attack Power?

You don't use Melee weapon damage, Rogues don't use Ranged weapon damage. We would sympathize with you if a Rogue took your gun. Likewise, if the Raid Leader was less intelligent, right now we would be sympathizing with the melee who almost got cheated.

it might be one of the best for hunters but they only gain the stats while a melee gains wepean damage and you argue about the agility so that mean BoH is a huntard wepean right? NO. BUT you had every right to roll for it since the loot rules were clear and it was a pug (every man for himself)

Quote Originally Posted by Zal
    Top end weapon damage is the biggest stat on weapons for melee. Whether it has strength/crit or agi/ap on it is almost irrelevant, except in the case of comparing two weapons with similar damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by hehehe
    NO. BUT you had every right to roll for it since the loot rules were clear and it was a pug (every man for himself)
    Actualy counting melee weapon as second spec when it concerns hunters isn't a bad thing.

This RL was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Qleoc
    It's the 2nd best Hunter weapong after Lotrafen.
    nope, it is second best statstick, the weapon is the thing u do dmg with and -asuming u are not totally falling- you find that in your rangend slot

Quote Originally Posted by orkron
    its actually 2nd BiS to dual wield rune edge x2 as fury xD
    what are u smokin ?
    voldrethar is better, every 2h ilvl 239 arena weapon is better, earthshaper is better, hammer of crushing whispers is better, even aesirs edge from 10 man content is better

wake up, this isnt pre 3.1 anymore where fury talents yielded +% AP instead of +% Str
    Str is the furys mainstat, not armor penetration and especially not crit obtained through agility - a socketet aesirs edge even has more str than the shitty rune edge has ap (after talents/buffs), leave alone the higher base dmg.
    145(+10%+20%) str > 160 ap + 121 agi(+10%)
    &
    670-1005 base dmg > 632-949 base dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    2.) Agi items are far better Itemized than Str items, as they usually have agi + ap + x, while Str items only have Str + x the other ilvl232 weapon dropping in Ulduar25easy, Worldcarver, has worse stats than Rune edge as it will raise you over the expertise cap (and even if it doesn't it's still not significantly better than Rune Edge)
    This is not true, pretty much every str+x ilvl 232/239 weapon is better than rune edge - worldcarver is the exception because it is fast/has lower base dmg than the other, has much expertise (which u get enough from ur other gear), has haste which is subpar for most plate dps specs besides unholy dks

Melee weapons for melee and ranged weapons for hunters. It should be obvious, but no...