Dual Weilding Tanking

Ok so i am aware there are many topics on this not only on this site but on all the others, however for every arguement there seems to be a counter. As far as i can tell there are two stories.

1. Slow/Slow is the only way to duel wield tank (which means using Broken Promise, which i will not be doing) or using 2h (which i currently use Worldcarver)

2. Fast/Fast - there are reports coming in from ptr or people using dual Titanguards and taking less damage but ofc not having as much threat, but for every person saying this there is 2 otehrs saying its not worth using Fast/Fast

At the moment im passing Titanguard to alts does any 1 know the exact status of dualwielding? or has it just not had enough testing yet. I currently use Worldcarver however i would like to go dualwielding but not at the expense of less damage or not enough threat.

Re: Dual Weilding Tanking

Fast weapons give Defense, but screw up threat majorly. Slow weapons give no Defense, requiring compensation through gems/armor, and screw up threat a little bit less.

Make your own pick, it'll be bad regardless. Dual-Wield is for DPS.

fast/fast isnt worth it but since the dmg that your offhand strikes do is not based off offhand dmg i would use a slow hard hitting dps MH and a titanguard for the offhand
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

2h tanking > DW tanking.

Stoneskin garg is just so damn good and so is good threat.
    biym

Quote Originally Posted by wese
    2H Arena Weapon's > everything
    all in all, 2nd post said it already.
    Totally depends on your other gear and spec. Worldcarver is better because it gives you massive amount of expertise. There is a weapon with huge amount of hit rating which helps you if you're not hit capped / got some hit gems. Also most of pve weapon gives you str which transfers to parry, which is also not that bad for tanking.

Arena weapon only give you upper hand in stamina and high end damage, which is good, but for me personally not good enough to outweight bonuses of pve weapon, at least for tanking.

And closer to the topic of post, there is not much choice for dw tanking atm, if I remember correctly there are like 2 slow tanking weapon (Broken Promise and that sword from Kologarth 10) atm, which are both inferior to fast tanking weapon implemented atm in both dps, and defensive stats. It leads us to sad truth that you will prolly have to use at least fast offhand, just to balance your gimped defense (Stoneskin Gargoyle is indeed great enchant).

Slow mainhand is something you will have to live with tho, because slow weapon gives you more KM procs and overally favours your main strikes more than fast one, again, because your strike damage is in direct dependence with weapon' top damage.

In the end, I really suggest you to wait with DW tanking till next patch. Then frost DW damage will be much better and tanking as DW frost shall be at least considerable. ATM its just not worth it, DW is inferior to 2H in every possible way including itemisation.