Thread: ArP in Arenas

ArP in Arenas

There is an on-going debate among the world's top warriors: "Axe vs. Mace; when mace brings you to 50% ArP"

Beginning note: I am focusing primarily on the 3v3 bracket, running with a disc priest and a ret pally.

Through careful weaving of my PvE and PvP gear (plus gems) I am able to bring my ArP to 35%+ while maintaining nearly 700 resil with my Axe spec. (also have Grim Toll)

Running the numbers through Landsoul's spreadcheat, and with some further gear swapping, I can bring my ArP up to 51%+ still maintaining 700+ resil running a Mace spec. (not including Grim Toll)

The main compositions in the 3v3 bracket are some combination PMR and warlock, or War, DK, Paly, Sham. This raises an interesting dilemma; is the increased damage on crit vs. cloth greater than, equal to, or less than the value of 50% (100% with grim toll proc) ArP vs. the plate/mail juggernauts?

These are the options in summary:

Axe - 35% ArP, slightly more crit, increased damage per crit. More effective vs. Cloth/Leather

Mace - 50% ArP Tears through plate; less effective vs cloth

Plate mitigates dmg, ArP effect vs. cloth is small... discuss

P.S. Armory if you care: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&n=Avestheman

Balls Deep!!

Re: ArP in Arenas

just ... faceroll? skillfury
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

id stick with axe. having stats that are more useless at one point than another is just a bad idea. axe is equally effective against both
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudle
    just ... faceroll? skillfury
    "hi im an idiot"

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

that's a really tough question....

I see MOST high end warriors using axe still while trying to use pve gear to maintain the 45-50% arp (no trinket procs) .... that seems to be the most successful.

I've played around with the idea of going with a mace... and some warriors on my server are using a mace... but it just doesn't seem to be that great in the sense that I'd drop below 30% crit without that axe spec.

Mathematically axe is just better... it breaks down to be about 230 item-points to get teh crit rating from the spec.... not counting the 5% more damage done on crits which is hard to quantify.... mace spec is about 180 item-points of Arp.... so really axe > mace... but I do realize that goes out the window when you hit a certain ArP rating because of the way it scales....

Anyway, I'm pretty focused on 3s too and running into the same issue... with any luck I'll be having to choose soon between a t2 furious weapon (2250 MMR right now...) ... not sure where I'm going to go with it though... I went poleaxe (polearm actually) when I got the T1 version... but i think I'll have to get somethign that I can use as fury too if I needed too... I'm also using an arp trinket too but using full pvp gear and I'm only at 15% (25% with battle stance) ArP and Mjolnir Runestone.... so I'm not near the point where you are as far as transitioning over to more arp.

Anyway TLDR version.
    I'm torn too....
    Axe > mace if you can get Axe + high armor pen without the spec

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    hi im an idiot
    I feel sorry for you bro :'(
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

please note that you're the one who actually called yourself an idiot.

ty.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

i feel sry for you. You really are a idiot lol

I'd go mace. You should already be able to train cloth pretty hard (you're running cleave), you don't need more help there. What will really help you is the ability to switch to heavys and be able to do significant damage to them.