Thread: Delay on Kick?

Delay on Kick?

I've been noticing that my kick has about a .5 second delay; that is, after I press kick, it takes about half a second before I actually kick.
    This isn't being caused by latency. I know Death Knights have something similar on Mind Freeze, but is it intended for Kick to be like that, too?

Another problem I run into is I kick a spell, but due to the delay it hits at the very end of the cast. An interrupt message appears in the combat log, but the spell gets off and the person keeps casting from the same school.

Is this just me?

Re: Delay on Kick?

latency.

such is the mechanics of interrupts, I've experienced this on my rogue since vanilla WoW, and still experience it on my Death Knight and Warrior. Could be server lag, but its always tended to be like this, very rarely does it seem to trigger immediately.

The delay on kick is not as bad as the delay on FoK spamming interrupts and deadly throw, which I believe to be intentional.
    Repugnance of US-Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Repugnance
    The delay on kick is not as bad as the delay on FoK spamming interrupts and deadly throw, which I believe to be intentional.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but with FoK you're throwing something that has to 'hit' the target before anything happens whereas with Kick you're standing there, errr... kicking the dude in the balls.

Latency is also an issue. I found this as well: When you use abilities in wow, you push a key and the ability is triggered when the key is released. Now, I'm not sure if you can do this with the default bars, but with the bar addon I use (Macaroon) you can enable the keys to trigger abilities when you push them rather then when you release them.
    This may sound like a fuckin tiny amount, but it seriously made a difference! (on my rogue, at least; on my mage/shammy it didn't matter too much as I usually push keys and hold em till I want an ability to be used).

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsin
    as I usually push keys and hold em till I want an ability to be used).
    I thought only I did that , people call me crazy.
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

dont hold ur keys lol
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

This seriously needs to be fixed.

I was in a BG, attacking a Warlock. It started to cast Fear. I kicked it almost instantly. I get an interrupted message in my combat log. It continues casting Fear.

I was in an arena, attacking a Mage. It started to cast Frostbolt. It canceled and began Polymorph. I kick it, but I get 'Interrupted Frostbolt' in my combat log. It continues casting Polymorph, then chains it to a Frostbolt.

Mostly wtf @ getting an actual interrupt message without anything being interrupted.

Kick has no delay. The only "delay" you may experience is latency.

With 500ms latency, in theory, you read your enemy's casting after 0.5s he has actually casted, then you use Kick immediately(which is not possible, the fastest reaction is 0.2s), your Kick takes another 0.5s to actually happen on the server-side. BaM, you are feared.

The only delay a rogue may experience is the interruption effect from the talent Throwing Spec. The interruption comes just too late, much latter than the damage's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssalhand

With 500ms latency, in theory, you read your enemy's casting after 0.5s he has actually casted, then you use Kick immediately(which is not possible, the fastest reaction is 0.2s), your Kick takes another 0.5s to actually happen on the server-side. BaM, you are feared.

The only delay a rogue may experience is the interruption effect from the talent Throwing Spec. The interruption comes just too late, much latter than the damage's done.
    It shouldn't be throwing an interrupt into my combat log if the kick missed; in a lot of cases, I kick during the first half second of the cast, not near the end, and it doesn't get interrupted. My latency is fine, between 180 and 230. I've also run into problems where I kick then Mutilate at the same time, and the Mutilate goes off first and then the Kick happens half a second later (while I'm on the GCD, it's not like I kicked on my second GCD). Again, this definitely isn't latency.

I've also noticed that sometimes when I Gouge to interrupt a spell, it keeps casting. That's definitely not latency. I'm talking full Holy Lights being gouged in the first second, then continuing to be cast for the next 2 seconds while the person is in Gouge.

Some sneaky warlocks went in blizzard and nerfed it.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    It shouldn't be throwing an interrupt into my combat log if the kick missed; in a lot of cases, I kick during the first half second of the cast, not near the end, and it doesn't get interrupted. My latency is fine, between 180 and 230. I've also run into problems where I kick then Mutilate at the same time, and the Mutilate goes off first and then the Kick happens half a second later (while I'm on the GCD, it's not like I kicked on my second GCD). Again, this definitely isn't latency.

I've also noticed that sometimes when I Gouge to interrupt a spell, it keeps casting. That's definitely not latency. I'm talking full Holy Lights being gouged in the first second, then continuing to be cast for the next 2 seconds while the person is in Gouge.
    I must first to tell that all my experience is based on PvE.
    Achievement like Less-rabi, and spell-interruption needed in Uld boss encounter(General Vezax)

If kick has delay, this would be very very hard.

When did you experience your kick-delay? Fighting in Wintergrasp? Battlegrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssalhand
    With 40ms i have delay on kick , sometimes making it tough at vezax.

Quote Originally Posted by rany
    dont hold ur keys lol
    Only when I'm healing or pve dps on my mage cuz it's fuckin spazmode. Never do that on my rogue, unless it's a totally stationary fight (Patchwerk, for example), then I hold snd/rupture a couple of secs before I wanna refresh them to get the timing perfect and not waste any time/ticks.

Badger meat.

Yes, kick has a delay on it.
    This was added in WoTLK.
    I've read it in one of the patch notes somewhere on mmo-champion.
    I'll try to find the thingy and add it later.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan
    Yes, kick has a delay on it.
    This was added in WoTLK.
    I've read it in one of the patch notes somewhere on mmo-champion.
    I'll try to find the thingy and add it later.
    Scratch that. I know i've read somewhere that kick was going to have a 1 cast time/delay.
    Probably just never got in.
    Kick seemed to be cast slower in wotlk than in tbc tho. (especially in pvp /sigh)
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan