need help for arena enhancement shaman

which glyphs i should use and which gems i should put?
    my resilience is almost 700
    Anyone know some tips? Like what to do when we engage the arena?
    Im new to arena :I

Re: need help for arena enhancement shaman

ill give you a simple brake down of stats. however fighting classes and what to do when the arena starts changes depending on who you are fighting so that isnt realy something we can tell you.

as a starting enhance shaman ( playing with a healer ) you want a resto druid or a disc priest.

your stats should be about here

700 - 800 resil ( most high end shamans stay in this area and stack crit / ap after )

3k-4k ap ( most shamans can grab about 3.4k or about in deadly pvp gear ( coming out for honor after the patch ) )

27%-32% crit ( most enhance shaman in high end arena sit at about 30% )

those are the stats you want if you are playing with a healer

however if your playing dual dps aka ( burst team ) you want pve gear with pvp offset items. for example you want 4/5 t8 with pvp gloves, boots, bracers, belt, ext basicly the not the main part of the armor gear. and your offencive stats you want to be as high as posible. 4k ap and up is what you realy want with a dual dps ( agen burst ) arena team.

in a healing team its about living long enough for your partner to heal you and just out lasting the other team and timing bursts and cc properly. with a dual dps team its about burning the shit out of one person to make it a 2 v 1 match as fast as posible. so the stats you need change alot on what kind of team you run.

the 2 most comon pvp specs are these.

imp firenova - http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...&version=10147

toughness + lava lash - http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...&version=10147

the answer to your glyphs is simple

glyph one - feral spirits

glyph two - stoneclaw totem

glyph three - stormstrike / windfury

miner glpyphs

glyph one - water shield

glyph two - water walking / water breathing

glyph three - ghost wolf / astral spirit

but the miners are realy up to you.

hope this helpes if you have anymore quests just ask and ill try to help as much as i can.

and for the hit rating
    hit rating to cap is?

5% somthing about 175.

no you loose way way way to much damage. you loose 9% melee crit on spell crits and 50% more damage on spell crits

those things add up to a prity large amount of damage over a fight and since your gearing deffencivly to start you need as much damage as posible.

can i stay on pve talent build for PVP or is auto suicide?

no a pve build dosnt support pvp. you wont get the burst damage you need because you lose at least 5 points in totem buffs that you wont even use in arena. i would love to pvp in a pve build like paladins but for shamans thats just not posible. there are realy only 2 tallent specs for pvp and i linked bothe of them. you can change those just a little bit but to be honest if you want to do well you need 1 of those specs to do it.

EDIT- sory i screwed up the toughness build lol i miss clicked. here is the actual build - http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...&version=10147

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

If you are in a good raiding guild and want to play some 2s, get 4xT8 rest Furious/Deadly offset pieces (gets you to about 21k hp and 300-400resi) and get a Disc Priest partner (or a Rogue/Retridin).

For 3s/5s you need 600-800resi atleast since you wont be able to survive the burst of multiple people even with a healer otherwise. I personally use T8 Helm+Pants rest PvP gear if I play 3s and I'm sitting at about 700resi.

As for PvPing in PvE spec... Well its doable but prepare to be frustrated against classes with lots of roots/slows. I usually dont bother respeccing for the normal 10games every tuesday and end up regretting. Earthern/Frozen Power, Stoneclaw Glyph and 2/2 Imp SS are really needed if you want to be efficient.
    For example, last night I ended up with a 1vs1 situation in 2s with an Arcane Mage and allmost went mad. Slow Barrage Slow Barrage... With some LoSing and the mage going OOM I finally got to to him while he tried to Evocate. WF procced off SS and he was left with 800hp as he blinked to safety. Thanks to having 0/2 Imp SS I noticed that I was OOM myself and was slowed right after the Blink, couldnt get to Shock range and got killed by the next Arcane Barrage Woulda been a whole different match with Frozen Power roots and Earthern Power root removal.

Spec for PvP if you wish to retain your sanity.

go resto, thats easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    The interwebz, protecting enraged nerds from ass-woopin they would get irl since almost 40 years.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by alph
    go resto, thats boring
    Fixed that for you

iv heard of some pretty good survivability in doing enh/resto, if u dont have a heals partner. Wolves+Sham Rage+Shield(if u so choose)+10% stam+ unsnarability+ improved heals+60% speed increase from wolves makes u pretty damn uncatchable and unkillable for meles, and earth shock/grounding totem just makes u a pain in the ass to casters. Though ur roll in the group is more about managing enemy CC and generally surv/healing. Best partner for this is a plate dps, as the healing buff gives out an armor % bonus. This spec should be even better in 3.2, 4 totems at once can clear many debuffs- snares, diseases, poisons, fears(if occasion calls for it), grabs a spell, and a nice, constant dot with fire totem, and resto is getting buffed, and wind shock is separate from other shocks, so u can interrupt casts and help to frost shock snare casters for ur mele dps. And in 3.2, that armor % bonus becomes a 10% damage flat reduct, so that + 30% from SR and approximately 50% from Shield/armor is 90% against meles, pretty damn good, and 40% for casters.

i say this mostly cause, as enh, our burst is really bad and highly dependant on chance, so ur much better off being a healer/damage absorber than a dpser. Besides, in most groups, ppl will go for the shaman first cause they either assume heals or big ele burst, thus being a armored punching bag works fairly well.

i did some testing of earthern power ( our anti root ) and i found it to be broken. i dualed several classes today had all of them root me beffor and after my totem was down and it didnt remove snairs nor did it stop me from geting snaired. i found this very strange. idk if its a small glich or what but imo untill they fix it i would say its a waist of 2 points.

They haven't given you an anti-Rogue glyph yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuji
    They haven't given you an anti-Rogue glyph yet?
    nope they pretty much just destroy us.

Just to be cute I stacked all resil and stam ending up over 28k hp and 1150 resil and pve geared rogues still smashed my face in.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

im wondering if maybe going with 1k resil and 3100 ap would be better for pure battlegrounds. ill have to do some testing and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    i did some testing of earthern power ( our anti root ) and i found it to be broken. i dualed several classes today had all of them root me beffor and after my totem was down and it didnt remove snairs nor did it stop me from geting snaired. i found this very strange. idk if its a small glich or what but imo untill they fix it i would say its a waist of 2 points.
    Earthen power only removes snares....Spirit Walk from wolves removes roots for you and your shaman.

And I would agree with what everyone says above....

20.5k hp
    700 resil
    3.2k+ ap
    30% crit
    5% hit

With those requirements filled, you can be pretty devastating in arena and bg's. As long as you're not getting teamed up on, you can solo just about every class in bg's, just remember to drop cleansing for melee and resist for the casters. In arena, as long as you have a healer should be fine. In 2's or 3's you will generally be the focus, or the healer....so make sure you have a shield/swap macro too. Key is just to use hex often and early, and certain totems on every cd....grounding, stoneclaw, nova.