Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Raiding Professions 3.2

for us, bs/jc is best combo. i'm bs/enchant cuz enchant is close, and it saves way to much money with a free shard on every upgrade.

JC and Alch is ok imo.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

I too went from Alchemy/Herb it just wasnt working, i do Ret/Prot and got rid of both of my profs and went JC/Mining. since the new gems will have double the effects (more stam for my tank set and more str for my ret set) come 3.2 and mining is an automatic win for me, More stam for tanking and for pvp. enchanting wouldnt be bad at all also cause you can choose stats you want on your rings other than just straight Stam that mining gives.

i'm bs/enchant cuz enchant is close, and it saves way to much money with a free shard on every upgrade.
    first off, enchanting is as close to JC as any other profession, thus making it an equally bad choice
    second, if you are in a serious raiding guild you will almost always get you abyssals for free to enchant your raiding gear

Quote Originally Posted by Dwyn
    first off, enchanting is as close to JC as any other profession, thus making it an equally bad choice
    second, if you are in a serious raiding guild you will almost always get you abyssals for free to enchant your raiding gear
    Not for rets, or holies. Considering strength and intellect scale where the 64ap from leatherworking and the 64 ap from enchanting are the same.

having a strength option, or an intel option, is a lot better.

Depending on your class BS/JC are either the best or equal.

If your class gets 2AP per str. BS/JC will always be the best. They are the only options with STR (as stated earlier)

They are also the best options where you can take something other than just dodge, ap, stam, spellpower, etc (the baseline stuff).

While I wouldn't necessarily condone taking a hit rating gem in your prismatic BS socket, or using a hit rating dragon's eye... it is an option. Also, if you happen to be some crazy spec where ArPen is better, thats an option. Tank that has gear borderline with def cap and sometimes you use def gems to hit the cap? Bam. You can do 1x def, 1x stam gems. or 2x def. finally got higher quality gear? then go with 2x stam gems.
    Or for holy pallies (i mean, this is the pally forums), these are the only 2 options with intellect.

So for ret,holy(int) : BS/JC are by far the best
    For prot,holy(sp): BS/JC are no worse than the options, just not the cheapest.

I personally am holy and BS/alch. I get 2x int gems in my BS sockets and a ton of sp from flasks (that last 2 hours). with the new and upcoming "Flask of the North" i also get the SP buff even while not flasked for raiding. Also I get the endless mana pots for farming/trash.

for me i dont really feel that having JC to get the extra int would necessarily be better. especially since ill probably be focusing slightly more on SP in 3.2 anyway

you got me wrong on that one

he was saying that enchanting was close to JC, when i said it was an equally bad choice from all the other possibilities besides BS

maybe i just fail at getting my point across

Quote Originally Posted by Bisley

I personally am holy and BS/alch. I get 2x int gems in my BS sockets and a ton of sp from flasks (that last 2 hours). with the new and upcoming "Flask of the North" i also get the SP buff even while not flasked for raiding. Also I get the endless mana pots for farming/trash.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53895 > everything for a healer. We might lose some int, because our flask is from vanilla wow, but still the best we can have.

10+ Year Old Account

I roll with JC/Mining.

Mainly for not having a 3rd L80 toon, and mining being a bitch to skill up in general.