New skill to help SoV

Hello Paladins!

After thinking about the new changes on the ptr and reading other posts about SoV, I had a (hopefully) good idea for helping SoV stacks spread more easily.

1. "Holy Justice" or something with a good name...This skill can dispel the entire stack of SoV on a target, and give the paladin a stacking buff lasting 5-10 seconds (i.e use the skill on a SoV stack of 3 and you get a "Holy Justice" buff which has 3 stacks). While you have this buff you cannot apply any more SoV stacks on any target. I was unsure what the range could be for this should be, I think 5 yards would be suitable so that you have to be in melee range of your target to get the buff, then move into melee range of another mob/player to use CS to stack SoV.

2. A change could be made to CS (Or Exorcism/Judgement, but this would give CS a second ability) which unleashes the buff onto the target, instantly transferring your pre-built SoV stacks (using the last example, the new CS would debuff the target with 3 stacks of SoV)

3. Add an additional effect to Holy Wrath so that it spreads your Holy Justice buff to enemies in the area. This could be similar to Divine Storm in that if you have 5 stacks, you could use Holy Wrath to spread 1 stack of SoV to 5 enemies, or if there are less mobs, say 2 stacks of SoV to two of the mobs and 1 stack to the third mob. The new effect could work on all enemy types, not just undead/demons, but the original damage and stun will still only effect undead/demons.

Basically the idea behind this is that it adds a bit more thought into Retribution pvp when using SoV, a paladin needs to decide if they can switch to another target in enough time before the buff runs out and gives the other team the ability to prevent the paladin from re-stacking and bursting quickly. It also allows SoV to be used in target switches in PvE as well as linking abilities together.

Anyway, discuss/criticise/enjoy.

Edit: Maybe Exorcism could also allow your next auto-attack to add 2 stacks of SoV onto the target? Would help link skills together more and would also help prot if they start the pull with Exo.

Re: New skill to help SoV

I like the Holy Wrath idea, essentially like the DK spell that spreads diseases. This would massively help Paladins in AoE conditions, such as trash. DK's get this, why cant Paladins get some AoE help? Its not like our dots can crit!!

The CS idea may be too good for PvP however - just stack up on something then unleash it on a clothy and it'd get instagibbed probably.

I'm not so sure the CS change would be too powerful for PvP, except maybe bgs when someone isn't watching what your doing. However, if the first CS which applies the SoV stack doesn't benefit from the extra weapon damage from 5 stacks of SoV, it will be doing less damage than SoB/SotM is now, if you don't include the Dot, which means burst is still lowered.

Making Seal of Vengeance stacks dispellable with one cast in PvP is something I had always wanted.

Though I have to say your idea of turning Holy Wrath into Pestilance is rather cool.

The Holy Wrath idea was actually just a side-thought I had while writing tbh

I think it could be a useful idea without stealing other skills entirely, but adding an interesting twist and giving Holy Wrath more use in non-undead areas.

Quote Originally Posted by X1Holy
    The Holy Wrath idea was actually just a side-thought I had while writing tbh

I think it could be a useful idea without stealing other skills entirely, but adding an interesting twist and giving Holy Wrath more use in non-undead areas.
    If you go look at the official SoV/SoCorruption discussion, you inspired me for a new ability for Holy Wrath :P it's quite modified, but you definitely were part of the inspiration for it.

Handsylton could you link the exact adress plz? Its late and im lazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick
    Handsylton could you link the exact adress plz? Its late and im lazy
    The first post on page 24 in the "SoVengeance/Corruption Discussion" thread.

Added in a part about Exo making the next auto-attack add an additional SoV stack which should help reduce the ramp-up time slightly, but not make it too short.