Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 3.2 nourish resto druid spec

Quote Originally Posted by Gawrhshshsh
    How much mana regen does revitalize actually provide is the question I have for the raiding resto's?
    the mana refund is pretty trivial when you consider replenishment and other forms of mana regen. The largest benefit of the talent is to boost rage/energy/runic power production which boosts raid damage output.

While I spec Revitalize for the DPS reason in reality it has very little benefit or overall impact on DPS and i will gladly sacrifice the 5% chance to retain all of nature's grace and get to have more powerful nourishes. I like you guys have nourish make up only 5% of my healing (More on some fights though) but i find if im using nourish its because someone is getting hit hard and every bit helps. I just enjoy saving the person more then giving what equals a very marginal dps upgrade(keep in mind that on a full boss fight even 15 seconds of 500 haste has very little affect). So as i said before i will sacrifice a point to increase my spam heal capability. Also i would like to see if this might be a good raid heal in some situations where it is just a burst of damage. This would make me happy as it gives us even more versatility.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

If you want a nourish spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...&version=10147
    You have 2 points to spend where you want

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    If you want a nourish spec:
    You have 2 points to spend where you want
    speccing 3/3 subtlety is kinda useless unless your tanks are awful
    you spec 2/3 to get deeper into the tree

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona
    Where? Tranquil spirit? You need 20 points in the first four tiers.

fuck nourish. its good but most of your healing should come from HoTs. my 2 biggest healing spells are rejuv and wild growth. t9 4pc bonus will make rejuv even more insane. (im guessing i get ~45% rejuv and 25% WG on a typical boss fight. 5700hps on a 10man 'I Choose You, Steelbreaker' fight, 9 minutes long)
    use my spec:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...&gn=Insurgence

glyphs are: Swiftmend, Wild growth, lifebloom

This may come as a surprise to some, but druids are capable tank healers and Nourish is invaluable for tank healing. Just because we have tools that are good for raid healing does not mean that's all we are useful for and having a "Nourish spec" is not necessarily a bad idea.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

so this nourish spec

its a wast of you know those 3 talents

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    This may come as a surprise to some, but druids are capable tank healers and Nourish is invaluable for tank healing. Just because we have tools that are good for raid healing does not mean that's all we are useful for and having a "Nourish spec" is not necessarily a bad idea.
    yes, but a druid healing the tank will be applying full HoTs (3xLifebloom, Regrowth, rejuv) and only nourishing when he takes spike dmg. the majority of healing will still be done by hots. (not to mention, nourish hits for less without a HoT on the target)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona
    OK, you can put one point into tranquil spirit instead of subtlety if you want. Regardless, its nearly the same thing and you have 2 points to spend in the end.

Nourish spec involves taking 1 point out of a semi-useful talent revitalize which isn't even that good in teh long run. Take the new nourish for a little more Versatility c'mon in new content their are times when they need a heal then and their or the other healers in your raid are dying off and you need to cover mroe heals. Anyone can get away with just using hots on a fight thqt goes well but on a fight that goes well it hardly matters how you spec. its when you have to pull a save out of your ass that it matters and i find a strong nourish will help mroe then a 15% chance to proc revitalize.

15+ Year Old Account

While I agree the easiest place to move 1 talent point is Revitalize, saying that the talent is "not that good in the long run" is pretty silly. The spell IS good, but priority number 1 for a healer is to keep people alive, and revitalize does not offer much in that respect. It is a good raid utility, but it would be the place I pulled a single point from.

When you say Nourish spec, I assume you mean tank healing spec. Needless to say I reckon, a raid healing spec with Nourish as its strength is stupid, and I believe most people who know the class AND fights will agree.

On a second note, I find it highly amusing how these proposed specs in this thread so far have not put points into Natural Perfection nor Living Seed. Curse me if you want, but I think both these talents are worth it for tank healing. Last night's Naxx25 (alright, alright, not optimal numbers from this place, I know, I know) yielded 496k effective healing from Living Seed ... that's roughly half of the effective healing of Nourish and roughly 1/4 of Regrowth's that Naxx run. Our MT took 121k of Living Seed's heals and with his ~44k HP, Living Seed healed him for his full health 27 times over. It's not awesome, it's not even great, but it's good and it's free and these numbers are from a random PUG where 14% of my heals were on the MT. (I imagine in a proper raiding environment with healing assignments, these numbers would increase.)

I'm rambling. Ignore me ;P

Right, so, 3.2. tank healing Nourish spec.: 11/0/60. I'd personally put the final point into GotEM rather than NP with my gear (where's my haste?!). Feel free to max out either of those with that last point. Do keep in mind however:

2/3 NP and you need to gear for 1% more crit = 45,91 crit rating to reach the same value as 3/3 would.
    4/5 GotEM and you'd need to gear for 4% more haste = 32,79 x 4 haste rating = 131, 16 haste rating to reach the same value as 5/5 would.

Make sense?

The crit/haste aspect is highly dependent on how you prefer to gear/play/talent I think: Do you want faster average sized heals, or slower bigger (if you crit, which you might not, but 50-60% crit chance with Nourish/Regrowth isn't hard to achieve) sized heals? I'd probably go for the faster heals, I'm quite sure I would.

End of rant. ;p

If you want a "nourish spec," here you go: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...&version=10147

3% more crit and 3% more haste. You dont need GotEM because, well, your spamming nourish.

If you REALLY REALLY like nourish you would go this spec:

assuming 1000int, 1000spirit it gives you 100 more spell power. And your thorns are deadly!!!

I would assume with this spec that Int would become a very powerfull stat since it provides crit, SP, and mp5, but not quite as powerfull as it is for pallys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    i'd take 2 points out of tranquil spirit and put them into living seed. However, the rest looks ok.
    Same i tried a spec with no living seed and it sucks cause that basically adds 30% more healing to every nourish you crit with and its much better for tank healing than having 5/5 tranquil spirit.

3/5 TS and then 3/3 LS. And if you want a full nourish spec i would not go gift of the earthmother either, but thats if you never want to be a good raid healer.

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    You can get every good druid talent(Nature's grace included which is far superior to natural perfection) and have 3 points left to go into either natural perfection or Revitalize. this is assuming 4 points in GotEM. If your haste isn't high enough to make 4 point GotEM possible without gimping your HoT 1 sec CD(which rather tank healing or not is still most important) then you definitly have enough crit to lose 1 point in natural perfection assuming you take it and i stand by my revitalize is actually a meh talent not because it doesn't have a good effect but because the affect is not up enough to have a serious impact upon anyone but the tank who rarely/never have Rage/mana/Runic power issues. Why not take 20% more power for what at the most impact calculates to be a 1% crit loss. Keep in mind that 1% crit only affects guess what, the spell that is getting 20% more healing scaling. This is all before T9 where crit will be badass in large amounts as our Rejuv crits. BTW yes druids are better for raid healing although not so much because we can't tank heal but because we are the top(some Priests can equal us) raid healers. I can with good use of hots (this means 3stack lifeblooms falling off) keep up 2 tanks so obviously druids can hang with anything
    .... what?

In a nutshell all nourish spec costs is 1 point(assuming you have a normal spec) out of 1 of your other talents which is very little to ask since 4/5GotEM is all you need unless you are really high on crit which means you should be taking it cuz you should be using nourish anyway.
    In retrospect that was a much easier way to put it

Edit: deleted former post it was wordy and only understandable from my mind

I see that a lot of druids here don't like revitalize because it doesn't benefit them much. This is most likely due to the fact that druids generally have no mana issues and rarely cast wild regrowth on themselves. This talent is amazing for your raid it is not supposed to be very beneficial to you (although you will benefit from it). The proc from rejuv isn't that great, but the proc from wild growth is amazing because it ticks every second and you get 7 ticks in, which means that if you fully spec into it, it will proc at least once on every target that it ticks on. I shouldn't have to go over all of it's advantages because all you have to do is read the TT.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

This spec may have already been linked, but this is what I will most likely run with: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...&version=10179

I don't use Nourish enough to have Nature's Grace so there is no point in putting 3 points into it for it to get wasted with its 3 sec duration. Living Seed will benefit from the nourish talents as well since Nourish will do more. Revitalize doesn't seem like much, but if you roll rejuvs then its nice to have.