Trying to Maximize my DPS on Hodir 25 Hardmode.

ok, I got a decent set of gear and normally we just put him in the other corner and I just beat the crap out of him from behind. I really don't have any fires or spotlights anywhere near me, if the cloud is in melee I"ll get the crit buff but it shouldn't go to me anyway. I fluctuate from around 5-6.8K DPS (unfortunatly I only have 2 uld weps, boots and shoulders, the rest is ilvl213. What have people found that works during that fight. Thanks for your time

Re: Trying to Maximize my DPS on Hodir 25 Hardmode.

Here are two kills on Hodir hardmodes. We usually only have one enhance shaman, Kitz. I'm not sure how his gear is compared to yours but he's doing 8-9k+ dps.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/K...=10169&e=10345

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...=10268&e=10443

I have only done the fight as elemental or resto so I'm not sure if there is any special he is doing different than you. I do know that I try and keep my elemental totems near the melee so he benefits from them as well.

Maybe you can look at what he is doing from the reports and see if that helps.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Try buying Haste pots, and stand in the light if you can. Also, use your Fire ele. On 10 man Hodir Hard mode i only did 6.5k though.

that fight is all about the static, whatever it is called, buff. You see another melee get a skull on thier head (i assume you use dbm) you go hump them untill you get the buff. Once you get it is when you pop any CDs you have. (i didnt look at your trinkets to see if you even have any). IDK if wolves are buffed by it so just get them bloodlusted or ask someone else who gets to actually raid that fight as a shaman.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Yea, last night we attempted again, finished it but missed the hardmode timer by a slit second (Literally). But I noticed that I was doing 5.5-7.4K DPS. I hopped in the spotlights if they were close, got singe a couple times by pure luck. But it could have been better. Ohh well off to Thorim Hard now