Poll: what do you think about rated bgs with 10-40 man preformed teams?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

rated battle grounds?

It would be like arena, teams between 10-40 would compete in bgs instead of arena. Get ratings and buy arena gear or maybe cool titles.

Re: rated battle grounds?

This is ingenious and original!

it would be a great idea, but you would have to take into consideration that the queue's for BG's would be alot longer. unless they narrowed down the bg servers.

i don't like the idea of hoping my 39 buddies are online and wanting to BG at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oprah
    i don't like the idea of hoping my 39 buddies are online and wanting to BG at any given time.
    True but if it was random battlegrps it would work but you would get shit peeps in green getting steamrolled every 20 seconds i like the idea tho, mehhhh at blizzcon i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

You would have to rely on 40 other people showing up... but i guess you could schedule it like a raid time.

15+ Year Old Account

You, sir, are very creative. There is almost no possibility of Blizzard having been talking about rated battlegrounds for over a year, and there is definitely not a chance that they would make some sort of announcement about it at Blizzcon.

no.

A Blizzard Blue Poster has already confirmed that in 3.3, along with Icecrown Citadel, will come a rated battleground system.

No one knows how it will work, but I know I'm excited about it!

We plan to deliver more Battlegrounds to the players as often as we can. We see Battlegrounds as a very large and important part of the World of Warcraft PvP game and we would like to expand the system as much as we can. I do have a little tidbit that I can share with you guys today, though. We are planning to implement rated Battlegrounds in a future patch. We will be giving more details on this system at BlizzCon.

- Lead Content Designer Cory Stockton
    If it was me developing it, this is how I would do it:

Players would get the choice of rated or non-rated battlegrounds and all players have a 'Battleground Personal Rating'. If a player decides
    on entering a rated battleground, he/she gets grouped with people of their Battleground Personal Rating, or of their vicinity, and winning/losing games costs or
    earns them rating.

Don't know exactly what they might do, but I'm guessing something of this sort is up their sleeves for 3.3.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lejend
    A Blizzard Blue Poster has already confirmed that in 3.3, along with Icecrown Citadel, will come a rated battleground system.

No one knows how it will work, but I know I'm excited about it
    Stop making shit up. A Blizzard poster said they're going to talk about a rated battleground system at Blizzcon. We're more likely to see it as a major feature of the next expansion, not the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko
    Stop making shit up. A Blizzard poster said they're going to talk about a rated battleground system at Blizzcon. We're more likely to see it as a major feature of the next expansion, not the next patch.

Lv.2 troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko

Let me find that post for you smartass.

EDIT: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/11/9520...legrounds.html

There's the link, it is the very last question asked in the Q&A. Added quote to original post.

It clearly says in a future patch not expansion in which they have already confirmed that there will only be three major patches in WotLK and also
    confirmed that Icecrown Citadel would be in 3.3.