Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Not a fan of bringing back the old pvp titles

Meh, for everyone I know with an old title who's been playing for years and is very good, there is another who stopped playing and then came back after not playing for years and they are no better than people who started playing during BC.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gagglone
    I have Twilight Vanquisher and I don't use it. Its semi-unique on my server and I could boast it proudly, but I don't.
    I'm currently running around with Chef, as opposed to any of the "better" titles I've got, because it suits me. (Once I win the fishing tournament - note the power of positive thinking - it'll be Salty.) Depending on what PvP title I'd gotten, had I actually been playing "back in the day," I may or may not be using it. I've been known, in a PUG, to flip titles if someone's bragging about something - just to show I've got it and don't really care - but I run with Chef in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by gagglone
    QQ moar?
    Posting the same thing in the thread twice, post count +2?

Quit being useless.

The old PvP titles will come back once they start introducing their Battleground Ladder system... which should be done in the Catclysm expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    Say after me: It's a title
    A title is merely a cosmetic addition to your character, mostly used to flex your e-peen. You use a specific title because you like it the most, but for you, you might just feel unique with your old-school title. But how about your alts? Many people have during the past years rerolled different classes, so the titles no longer matter for them. Same goes for e.g. Amani Bear and Hand of Adal.

If these titles will be added back, the only people that will dislike them is those who use the titles to draw attention, since they no longer gets to be a unique snowflake no longer.

So for me, I wouldn't care if those titles were added back. As long as no title becomes the new "Jenkins", I'm fine.
    Considering that titles and achievements are the new end game and gear is now for everyone, I agree with the OP. I don't consider myself an elitist, though I do have those flares once in a while during raids when people die to stupid stuff, but I do believe that people who earned those titles way back in vanilla should at least be able to keep those as a badge of seniority.

Drawing attention and wanting to stand out in the crowd just that little bit are two different things. With how easy raids are nowadays (aside from hardmodes, because no i have not done them), the only thing people can really do that with is titles and mounts. And seeing that none of the old pvp ranks come with a mount, all there is left is the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Guineaworm
    There have been numerous posts talking about different ways blizzard could re add them. Although Blizzard themselves have said that they probably would in the future, I'm not a fan of this change.

The old pvp titles are really the only way of knowing how oldschool a player is. Anyone can claim to have been playing since day one. But the old pvp titles truly separate the new players from the seasoned veterans.

I know many would like to see the titles back in, but for those who earned them back in the day, it feels as if your title is worthless when anyone can now get it. Getting asked, "How did you get that title?" never gets old, I would really hate to see these titles brought back into the game.
    People saying "You are an elitest" blah blah blah need to stfu.

I also think you need to STFU too.

Obviously they will not implement the SAME titles. They want to keep old titles for nostalgic purposes. They removed it for a reason ( Stupid reason, if you ask me, god only knows why they did not continue on with it adding new titles like they do with the gladiator ones), but think how arena is run...

The titles for each seasons gladiator change.

Gladiator
    Merciless Gladiator

So on, so forth.

They would do that, they would not slap stick the old titles on, mark my words.

-Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I played pre-TBC, but rerolled so many times that i lost all my titles, then switched servers, then again and again, my final resting place for tbc (about 1 month after its release) was sporeggar. I even left there at wotlk release to make an alliance... now ive come back, settling again, finally, on a character/class.

Feat of Strength titles annoy me cus of all those attention seekers that run around claiming that to be good you have to have x title. For me, its whatever I want to show off the most, whether that just be vanity (such as Chef) or epeen (Conqueror/Battlemaster/Arena Master/Gladiator), It doesnt make you better, because you played the game for longer.

In fact, it makes you think you know better, when in fact, you likely no worse, and just act like an arrogant prick.