Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: "BG's aren't REAL PVP!"?

At least in arena you can controll it so you dont have to play with bad people.

Bg's you cant controll that. Thus Bg's fail.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    I would like BGs to ocme back too. I wish they would bring back the Ranking and not make them so grindy.

Hahahaha.

So I'm going to assume that you never actually did the old BG's, or you are just a sadist. The old system rewarded time. Basically you and a group of 10 people would run WSG over and over again for probably 6-7 hours a day every day for a week until you won. To get Grand Marshall you had to either spend a week playing non stop. If you could afford to max out the amount of honor you got in a day you would get rank. Hell you could be god awful, but if you had 9-15 people carry you you guys would all get high warlord/grand marshall.

The new system is a whole lot better than the old system.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    If you heal a person, you get credit for their HKs. KBs don't offer any additional honor. You should have more HKs than any dpser if you're actively healing.
    So how is that I have the most healing out of anybody in a battleground but the least amount of honor? I once healed AB with over 300k healing and we won, but I was so low on honor gained that two horde were ahead of me. Yes, I was there the entire match on offense healing the people taking the bases and actively defending when necessary.

The old PvP system was kind of gimped. It had its flaws but it was 'funnier' than today's honour system and arena.
    Sure, keep arena, but rated BGs would make PvP guilds more relevant than today's version(10-15 people trying to lose 10 games a week). Also make AV what it once was.

And to the guy above saying that BGs are impossible to balance: Remember the 2 year circle of nerfs/buffs to certain classes that arena induced? Bgs are not class-dependent, 'cause there's more people involved than 4-10. Victory goes to the team that had better team and coordination.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Guesswho69

Hahahaha.

So I'm going to assume that you never actually did the old BG's, or you are just a sadist. The old system rewarded time. Basically you and a group of 10 people would run WSG over and over again for probably 6-7 hours a day every day for a week until you won. To get Grand Marshall you had to either spend a week playing non stop. If you could afford to max out the amount of honor you got in a day you would get rank. Hell you could be god awful, but if you had 9-15 people carry you you guys would all get high warlord/grand marshall.

The new system is a whole lot better than the old system.
    What new system? they just removed the old one :

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    At least in arena you can controll it so you dont have to play with bad people.

Bg's you cant controll that. Thus Bg's fail.
    With the current system and how they treat arena as the "end-game PvP", yeah.

However, what I do hope that with the Rated Battleground, they will even up the odds and give players more choice instead of having to stick with just one thing. The theme of the game is war, and I like to see having battlegrounds having an equal opportunity to be just as badass as arenas do.

With increased ratings comes better geared players, and better opponents. I just hope Blizz will let us que up in groups so it won't mess up the rating system.

I would like BGs to ocme back too. I wish they would bring back the Ranking and not make them so grindy.
    You clearly have no recollection of how the ranking system used to work, nor the time/effort it took to obtain higher ranks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Of course BGs are "real" PvP... they're (with the partial exception of Strand's vehicles and AV's objectives) entirely PvP. They're just not as focused as Arena, which causes the more "hardcore" (elitist, and not in the good way) PvPers to disdain them.

End-game raids are "pure" PvE. Arenas are "pure" PvP. BGs are "pure" PvP... just in a different way.

One advantage BGs have over Arena is that you can just go into 'em anytime (ignoring queue lengths, of course). With Arena, for it to "count" you need a team, and you need the person/people on your team online and ready to go. To do a BG, you just queue up.

Personally, I find that if you're on a "good" team (in that everyone undertands the tactics of the BG and is willing to do them) the BG is fun - regardless of the outcome. I've had fun BGs where we've roflstomped the Alliance; I've had fun BGs where we were steamrolled by the Alliance.

If you're on a "bad" team, though - one where people either have no clue about the tactics, or just don't care - then BGs are insanely frustrating, win or lose. If I spend half the BG wondering why nobody's defending Farm, why everyone is farming honor in the center rather than going after their flag carrier, why everyone is getting the flag when we hvae one node... even if we win, it's not a fun instance.

Note that my definitions of good and bad above had NOTHING to do with skill or gear. I'd much rather have someone in the crafted blue PvP set who just dinged 80 and is still trying to figure out what to do with their class defend the farm and call for help than some full Furious Gladiator farming the road... while we get four-capped. (Note: farming the road is sometimes beneficial in terms of slowing down their zergs, distracting them, etc... but not if it costs us nodes/resources.)

WTB rated BG system... but don't know how you'd get a "fair" rating system.

What the guy above me said. I'd just like to add my own point, people who think BGs arent real PvP and are in a high rated arena team are idiots who shouldnt reroll FoTM classes.
    Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a single night. Set a man on fire, and he shall be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlisted1
    You clearly have no recollection of how the ranking system used to work, nor the time/effort it took to obtain higher ranks.
    Designing a new, better system than these two earlier is completely unfathomable and shall not be discussed! Everyone who dares to even think about posting their ideas for new system will be EXECUTED, BANNED, HUMILIATED BY MANLY INTERCOURSE INTO ONE'S ANUS.

measuring effort/skill in battlegrounds is beyond their comprehension.

Blizzard isn't even sure what to do with their arena program.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Cayleypriest
    So how is that I have the most healing out of anybody in a battleground but the least amount of honor? I once healed AB with over 300k healing and we won, but I was so low on honor gained that two horde were ahead of me. Yes, I was there the entire match on offense healing the people taking the bases and actively defending when necessary.
    Well I'm playing a healer in BG's as well and if i play ofensive and don't get gibbed before everyone else im actually ahead of everyone else (or on par with someone who is as long alive and fighting as I am). Simply because you don't have to do anything to get the honor of a hk, you just have to be close enough and alive.

I'm really looking forward to the BG changes, especialy since all I do this days (if i log into wow) is do bg's, since I stopped raiding and my arena partners are nowhere to be found most of the day... so I hope blizzard doesn't screw up. I really look forward to blizzcon to see what they have come up with.. let's jsut hope it is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Wall of text -

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...id=1&pageNo=13

would be awesome, but lets get real - anything introduced by players as solutions - no matter how popular - will never be introduced by blizzard. I don't know why but it seems the blizzard team is either A.) too lazy to attempt to implement somebody else's solution or B.) too arrogant to implement somebody else's solution.
    HK farming is the major problem with bgs atm. Nobody bothers to actually play the BG. Arena is also a huge part of what is wrong with BGs atm. You'll have some assclown 2500 rated guy come in with his furious gear and camp up under the opposing teams gy instead of trying to win the game, then bitch about how everybody else is terribad and point to his HK, KB and damage count as to why he's the most superior loser on the losing team. If the above link wouldn't be a solution for BG ranking, than something pretty close to it would be.

I had a WSG where everybody was rolling over the horde players for kills, but they were still owning us with flag runs. Basically what happened was the majority of our WTFPWN furious geared players were too busy demonstrating how much better they were than actually winning the game. The absolute opposite happened in an AB i was in the other day. I had the best gear in the BG and I dont arena, but we kept them 4 capped the entire game because they were too busy farming HKs at stables. We just took turns on who the 4-5 guys were that would take it for the team at stables to keep the dumb asses busy while we won. Thats what has ruined BGs. I love BGs and pvp in general but cant stand arena. Arena is the best way to reward FOTM rollers and comps, it has nothing to do with actual skill. Before 3.1 how many rogue and priest teams did anybody see? not a whole lot. Point being its not about skill at all. If you run a damn Hunter/Prot warrior team and are 2400 rating, hats off to you - but if you run a fotm team theres no skill in what you do. Ya, anybody can be terrible with any class, but under the current system not everybody can be good with any class. You have to have a certain ingredient of FOTM rolling or youre just not going to make it very far. For a while I was rolling Holy/Unholy with a dk and we were owning faces. We went to 645 in one day from 0. it was just so damn boring I couldn't stick with it. "O noes! here comes dps to fuxx me up, how suprising! Quick, I'll go hump this pillar while the DK goes after their priest and the rogue chases me." 2v2 is not skill. Get over it you elitist pricks.

and to the poster a few pages back bitching about being furious and having to queue with people in hateful - its because hateful is the bg rewards doofus. Arena fucking sucks. You probably only do good in BGs because you're 2 tiers over the closest guy. If you actually tried to win the game instead of farming kills you'd win more often.

Yes this post is directed entirely at you.

IMO... i would love to see all the old style rankings back (or new ones--just bring the system back).

I would even like to see some arena type gear become ava. to BGers... By that i mean not savage gear... thats

weak!!!! I mean im prob not going to grind out for the gear but i know plenty of ppl whom would.

I mean the only reason i even do arena is for gear... For fun PVP everyone knows they would much much much

rather do BG's/World PVP...

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamens
    IMO... i would love to see all the old style rankings back (or new ones--just bring the system back).

I would even like to see some arena type gear become ava. to BGers... By that i mean not savage gear... thats

weak!!!! I mean im prob not going to grind out for the gear but i know plenty of ppl whom would.

I mean the only reason i even do arena is for gear... For fun PVP everyone knows they would much much much

rather do BG's/World PVP...
    exactly. the only reason I even sat in the arenas for as long as I did was to get gear to play in BGs. I hate getting facerolled by a guy in furious, and half of them cant even do that. It's amazing to me how many furious geared players lose to hateful geared players.

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge
    Arena sucks.

BG's are awesome.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy
    Battlegrounds are boring and only used to grind honour points.
    Oh no, 1h 35min Warsong's really make my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizel
    First off, I would like to start off by suing Meth dealers for my addiction to meth.

Second, I would like to sue fastfood providers for getting me fat.

And third, I would like to sue beer companies for the DUI I got because I drank their beer and drove. Also willing to sue the car company for allowing me to have the car in which I got the DUI in.

It's only common logic!

BGs are boring because there are too much people slowing you down, this might sound a bit elitist but its true.
    I love the idea of rated BGs where people would actually play too win rather than run around being stupid, i also miss the old titles becuase they were cool stuff, i practically never do BGs with randoms just for fun (only when i can bring a friend) and i play this game for the PVP exclusively.