DC on engaging Hodir-25

Anyone else having an issue with this? Every week we have a couple of people who DC about 1 second after entering the room. It seems to affect some more than others, but their connections are generally stable and they rarely DC elsewhere in the run. No issues on 10-man, just 25.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Re: DC on engaging Hodir-25

Tell them to repair their files.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Deleted

Had the same problem with guys from our guild, tho we had it on thorim. We were lucky enough that we just had to turn down the video setting to get past the pull, might not help for you or be a good idea either since you need to see the falling ice which might be hard with video on the lowest. But give it a try if you havnt done so already.

Quote Originally Posted by idototems
    Had the same problem with guys from our guild, tho we had it on thorim. We were lucky enough that we just had to turn down the video setting to get past the pull, might not help for you or be a good idea either since you need to see the falling ice which might be hard with video on the lowest. But give it a try if you havnt done so already.
    hehe, my error - it was actually on Thorim for us too. Will try suggesting stepping back the settings and see if that helps, thanks.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    hehe, my error - it was actually on Thorim for us too. Will try suggesting stepping back the settings and see if that helps, thanks.
    I don't about Hodir, but on Thorim _not_ looking at Thorim at pull helps.

Yep, every time I pulled the priest in the arena, 6 or 7 guys instantly disconnected. No solution so far.

i had same problem, but after i updated my graphic card drivers, i only get a half second spike while pulling arena mobs instead of a dc now. using Nvidia 9500 GT btw.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm in a 10-man content guild, but the last two weeks we've joined forces with another guild to run 25-man. Both weeks, a number of their raiders were having this issue on Thorim. Ironically, the ones having the issue were all from Canada... which led to fun conspiracy theories on Vent.

We found that the best thing to do was just slow-roll the first set of mobs, keeping at least one alive, until those who DCd were able to get back in... then proceed as normal.