Thread: 67 and stuck

67 and stuck

love my 67 hunter fun as hell dying to get it 68 but i feel like its just turning painful BM is my current spec and as fun as it is, its kind boring i pretty much have a 1 kill button.

any advice on a spec funner then BM for leveling?
    also what should i be using as a pet? currently using the TREX from ungoro

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: 67 and stuck

If you are tired of BM, maybe try MM or Surv. I was MM from 1-60, then a friend suggested trying Surv out. Said that it would probably help me kill stuff faster, not to mention the extra PvP survivability from the Surv tree(go figure) for the gankers and other Allies that I might run into as I'm making my way through outlands and into Northrend. Needless to say, i did try it and have been having a blast with it every since. I'm sure at some point I will go back MM, but for now I'm loving Surv.

my hunter he's only 67 atm as well, but you can check the spec if you'd like. it's pretty fun to pull a pack of 3 or more, drop Frost trap and proc LnL. Shit dies real fast then
    - Rogues do it from behind

Try and pull as many mobs as possible and burn them down. If something goes wrong DE or FD, then revive your pet. I haven't played BM in a while but that was always fun.

put the T-rex in the stable and get a gorilla. Holds aggro a lot better and can handle several mobs at once.

I think if you end of specing Surv you'll find yourself pulling aggro off your pet a lot more often and then having to FD and just generally waste time.

However, at 80, Surv is very fun to play. I'd suggest getting a new pet, read some BM forums from EJ and get back to it.

Maybe try and tame a spirit beast when you hit 75? I have both right now and I love taking them out and farming with them. They look so awesome!

BM is a lulnub spec overall, it's a boring spec. If I were you I would get used to MM tree. Go MM/Surv spec and gain some actual skill and enjoy the other trees. Go MM/surv and play with pulling 3 or 4 mobs on a frost trap and kite em around while u pew pew, scatter shot another to keep him away etc, practice hunter skills. You should of done it really at 60 to 80 IMO or even 70 to 80.

The only time I leve'd BM was back when it was released at first, i went to level 45 i think then i went MM for the rest and I've been mm/surv or surv/mm since...i've gone back to BM for a few arena matches due to specific setups and hated it due to it being so easy and 3 key wonder..it's like the POM/Pyro spec for mages lol

Safe. Clean. Free. I design and program animated WoW screensavers. Check them out.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gnesic
    love my 67 hunter fun as hell dying to get it 68 but i feel like its just turning painful BM is my current spec and as fun as it is, its kind boring i pretty much have a 1 kill button.

any advice on a spec funner then BM for leveling?
    also what should i be using as a pet? currently using the TREX from ungoro
    I leveled from 1-70 as MM cuz i was a noobtard went BM for lvl 70 raiding hated it for the same reason but stuck with it cuz of ultra dpsness from 70-71 i tried lvling BM and UGH!!! From 71-80 i lvled Survival and it was so fun, bouncing around and not to mention the CC Ice traps + Sleep + Scatter, Very easy lvling i was able to take on 1-7 mobs at a time. Not only did it get me used to micromanaging all my hunter abilities again (My mains a healer as of now) But had a ton of fun doing it. So i would totally suggest going marks or Surv they are both fun specs!
    "Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, they are merely there to make sure no one else has any." -Sun Tzu: The Art of Warlock

BM is the easiest levelling spec, it makes things a lot easier when you know what to do during levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

to make bm more fun in levling, gogo eye of the beast >: ) but be sure that you have one shot at the mob xD

tbh it's rofl, with possed strenght (the glyph that is, and yes it is minor ) did it sometimes when i lvled, was something else then the SS and AS spam:P

Quote Originally Posted by scwab
    to make bm more fun in levling, gogo eye of the beast >: ) but be sure that you have one shot at the mob xD

tbh it's rofl, with possed strenght (the glyph that is, and yes it is minor ) did it sometimes when i lvled, was something else then the SS and AS spam:P
    lol that glyph makes me cry at how bad it is overall :P

Safe. Clean. Free. I design and program animated WoW screensavers. Check them out.

Anyone who says that BM is hard to lvl is a total noob. I lvl'd from 1-60 as MM because it was my first toon and well the marks tree just caught my interest. At 60-70 I went BM and loved it I could pull 6 mobs at a time and just mow them down. Group quests were pretty simple to solo so I had less downtime waiting on someone to come help. Right now BM isn't the preferred raiding spec, but if you know how to play it and are geared correctly it can be pulled off. Now that I am at 80 though I am considering going back to MM for a while just to see what all the new abilities are like.

Like previous poster said, Gorilla is the way to go to lvl. He can handle a handful of mobs and you don't have to worry about losing aggro all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by orchunterdude
    gorilla. Holds aggro a lot better and can handle several mobs at once.
    All tenacity pets can get thunder-stomp now, so gorilla's aren't much different from say, a crab.

As stated:
    Tenacity pet > Volley > rinse and repeat.

I played BM till about 58 or so on my hunter....and at that point I was sick of it and bored to death. Plus I didn't like the idea of ditching a pet I've had since I was lvl 15 just to get some big stupid T-Rex at lvl60 cause it's superior.

I lvl as Survival now. It's way more fun. Using a boar for a tenacity pet. He holds aggro just fine and I can generally kill something before it gets to me if he doesn't. (Aggro a mob, hit Serpent Sting -> Steady Shot -> Explosive Shot. whatever I'm fighting usually dies).

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

I play BM currently when leveling my alt hunter, he's 71 right now, and 2 bars from 72 which I will knock out here in a few. I'm Dual Specc'ed Surv for group DPS.

Basically I am no pro but I am almost certain without a doubt that BM is the best way to level, you just need to mix it up more. It's definitely Boring as hell but you survive much long as BM as your pets are generally (keyword generally) better and because they churn out a lot of dps and survive quite well during multi mob fights.

This also increases your survivability a lot as well. Again I'm not an expert but I can assure you that BM is the perfect way to level just not for groups at all (fail dps).

Oh and I got from 36-71 (almost 72) in about 4 days. So it's definitely quick. A good guide to follow is Jame's Leveling Guide if you're not quite sure how to speed up your quest efficiency. It's not a noob thing to do if you need help, Jame's guide is quite well written and thorough.

Remember were all noobs once

Domito

I would agree with others if you really like the class yet get bored with a particular play style just try out the other 2 talent trees. At the guy bashing BM, I guess you would fall into the category of a prick who tends to forget it is a game and some people like to play games for "fun". Anyways good luck to the OP, happy hunting.