Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Ret "Needed" A Nerf...Why?

Quote Originally Posted by MALNEXUS
    this thread is full of 90% bull and useless whinning about the nerf they needed it in pvp and they are kinda getting buffed pvp wise if this nerf means u will not beable to kill someone one v one then you are just a bad player because they arent nerfing you bad enough in my opinion cus 12 second where apsolutly nothing can happen to you no mater what kind of cooldown out side of the 1 time a day range is unbalance to an incomprehinsable lvl. pls just stop posting here and get on a topic where people can actually put some usefull information down and to use.
    Thats a big ass sentence

WTB lay on hands in arena's
    AHCOMEON

Quote Originally Posted by MALNEXUS
    this thread is full of 90% bull and useless whinning about the nerf they needed it in pvp and they are kinda getting buffed pvp wise if this nerf means u will not beable to kill someone one v one then you are just a bad player because they arent nerfing you bad enough in my opinion cus 12 second where apsolutly nothing can happen to you no mater what kind of cooldown out side of the 1 time a day range is unbalance to an incomprehinsable lvl. pls just stop posting here and get on a topic where people can actually put some usefull information down and to use.
    just runs on and on and on and on and on and on and. . . wait what?

ret didnt need a nerf, it needed a buff, our pve dps in comparrison to like 80% of classes was low when gear was equal, its only cuz noobs QQ about getting WTFPWNED in 1v1 duels that people think ret is OP, for all u spastics out there, 1v1 is not pvp so dont cry about it. Thanks to all u douchebags who whine about getting beaten ret is getting destroyed.

screw u guys, im going home

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee
    Imo they wouldn't need any big nerfs, if it wasn't for the fact that they haven execute that is ranged, instant, can not be prevented by any means other than an instant cc(not talking snares here) or bubble/iceblock, and which is in 90% of the cases an instant kill, when you are down to 20% health. with that burst you DON'T need an execute. You can keep it noe however.
    Two words. Kill Shot.

Your ideas are really bad, blizz nerfed u, blizz can do whatever it want! ask blizz why cuz tards in forums have the wrong answers.
    Very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DatNewNew92
    Some stuff.
    TL;DR.

To answer the question in your topic, because Blizzard felt they were OP. Not really sure what more there is to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

Retribution paladin needed a nerf, and this proves it pretty well. http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...breakdown.html

You are more powerful than death knights and druids. In almost every bracket. Majority of those paladins in that list are indeed ret, no exceptions. You can verify that from these links if you don't believe me.

http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...specs/2v2.html 2000+: 36% Retardin specs. 2200+: 28% retardin specs.
    http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...specs/3v3.html 2000+: 47% Retardin specs. 2200+: 47% retardin specs.
    http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...specs/5v5.html 2000+: 37% Retardin specs. 2200+: 34% retardin specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraser
    Requital, you're bad.

In the current state pallies need a nerf. The sole reason being that it only takes 4 buttons (aka face rolling) to get a 2k rating, whether or not things are different after patch (which is what this post is about) is remained to be seen and I for one won't judge upon it until 3.2 arrives.
    JoC deals pitiful damage and is no longer a guaranteed critical strike while judging a HoJ/Repentanced target.

SoC is consistent now but isn't significant burst and no longer scales with SP.

Retribution can't pressure a target without the risk of popping wings and sacrificing bubble. It's not so much that DS is sacrificed, but the fact that once wings are dispelled there's no chance of the Paladin being able to effectively make a healer panic a little.

The benefit here is that CS is up sooner (but takes up more GCDs) and Judgements now cause seals to go off.

The only problem with this situation is that Retribution has no way to allow their skill to affect how they play with this change. Healers cannot be pressured like they used to. Burst is a little easier to deal with, but causing a class to be left feeling incomplete is unfair to the player.

Playing with things like Vengeance affecting JoC judgement damage (and causing SoC's burst to kick in) while causing it to be consumed are simple fixes.

The name of the game in that situation would be being able to make the right choices. Do I need to pressure the healer? Okay, I time my Judgement right after a SoC proc because I have 3 Vengeance stacks up. Now, I have no Vengeance stacks left, so I'm out of steam. The healer is now given a little breathing room to respond to my pressure, beginning to heal. My gear wasn't enough to work through that, and I was too quick to judge. He gets the heal off.

See what I'm getting at? More choices for the player, the more coordination that is required.

All that 3.2 is doing is making us a sitting duck for 8-10 seconds as well as dispel fodder to defensive caster types such as Priests/Paladins/Warlock Felhunters.

Delete PvP it's screwing whit PvE and thats the true side of this game!

Quote Originally Posted by DatNewNew92
    Two words. Kill Shot.
    Because comparing two abilities without looking at the class is nice right? It's easier for a pala to get people down to 20% then it is for hunters..and you can actually avoid the kill shot if you go into his melee zone..

next
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Noxia
    Retribution paladin needed a nerf, and this proves it pretty well. http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...breakdown.html

You are more powerful than death knights and druids. In almost every bracket. Majority of those paladins in that list are indeed ret, no exceptions. You can verify that from these links if you don't believe me.

http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...specs/2v2.html 2000+: 36% Retardin specs. 2200+: 28% retardin specs.
    http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...specs/3v3.html 2000+: 47% Retardin specs. 2200+: 47% retardin specs.
    http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...specs/5v5.html 2000+: 37% Retardin specs. 2200+: 34% retardin specs.
    That just means so many of the paladins are ret specced you need to look at the paladin representation because this doesn't mean shit.

Edit: typo's

Quote Originally Posted by roxor999
    Thats just mean so many of the paladins are ret specced you need to look at the paladin representation because this doesn't mean shit.
    Exactly. There are less rets over 2200 than arms warriors, mutilate rogues, and unholy deathknights if you break it down. About 67% of the paladins over 2200 are prot/holy or holy/prot healing builds, not retribution builds.

Don't dare mention "ret is a spec, not a class" because I'm well aware of that. Hence why i mentions "arms warriors' and didn't generalize it by saying warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee
    Because comparing two abilities without looking at the class is nice right? It's easier for a pala to get people down to 20% then it is for hunters..and you can actually avoid the kill shot if you go into his melee zone..

next
    I mean Kill Shot does deal (a lot) more damage.

It's not limited to melee range either.

If we're talking about arenas specifically, I get your point. But as for battlegrounds and such which is where I understand your argument is coming from...there shouldn't be much of a difference in a group scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen
    1v1 is important.