Leveling and You, or "Please don't make another leveling thread"

Leveling as a Rogue

As a Rogue, you have all 3 trees as viable leveling options. Each have their situational strengths and weaknesses, some which are more of a detriment or bonus than others. Subtlety leveling is generally the slowest, but gives the most "oh shit" buttons and will allow you to complete gather and fetch quests amazingly fast. Combat favors a more brute force approach, and excels at burning cooldowns to kill hard or multiple mobs in a very short amount of time. Assassination allows for short downtime and high out of stealth burst, but lacks both the extra escape cooldowns as well as the multi-mob handling aspects of the other trees.

Everyone has their own opinion as to which tree is best to level in. They are all wrong. That is to say, there is no RIGHT tree. Many people say Combat is the fastest, and it is indeed a very rapid and steady path to level. Personally, I couldn't stand it. I went Assassination as soon as I could, and wish I had done Hemo to that point looking back over my 1-58 experience. Pick the tree that interests YOU the most, rather than what your friend suggests.

The purpose of this thread is to provide information into how the different trees function, as well as tips and pointers for both how to fight, but also how to gear and quest your way up to 80.

-----

This will become far more filled out. I'm busy till late tonight with raid and stuff, but I'll get back and mock up some for all 3 trees and await some input to flesh it out further.

Re: Leveling and You, or "Please don't make another leveling thread"

Reserved for anything that doesn't fit.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for making this Ant1pathy.

Stickying, if anyone has suggestions to add feel free to PM Ant1pathy.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

I liked combat at low levels, without alot of the rogue moves, stealthing for each mob takes forever.

as stated it is a personal preference, just as most aspects of this game are, personally i love the low down time/easy building of combo points of an assassination spec, combat seems to be too up front, like a fury warrior in leather, and subtlety has that one big opener, then its just painful to finish them off

aoe grindfest - combat
    single target blow out - assassination
    survivability - subtlety

my way of getting in on a good thread that deserves to be read!

I assume that im supposed to ask my question through this thread so i will go for it. Currently I am leveling Sword Combat using BoA shoulders, Chest, and Bow. My current weapons are Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42945) and Sharpened Scarlet Kris (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44091) both with 15 agility. My question is i want to kill things as fast as possible and combat doesnt feel like its doing it. So will buying the 1.8 speed dagger from badges and putting 15 agi on it and using my fast dagger in OH be faster leveling in Assassination? or should i stay Combat? (do not say since u have the sword stick with it cause i honestly just have about 60 badges wasting away and i have most other BoA gear) THANKS!!

-Cilo

The OP hasn't updated in a while, second post still empty.
    Needs work.