Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: ShockandAwe worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn
    This. And its useful for keeping track of Magma Totem too.

Power Auras ftw!
    Which is useful for Magma Totem? I have found no way of setting up power auras for my magma totem. If you are referring to PA, please let me know how to set that up!

Regalex:Imperative:Zul'jin

regballin

Top 3 Enh shaman on my server here. I find SAA bloated and unnecessary. I use EBB to set up custom buff bars for MW and Shield and place them near the middle of my screen. SCT also alerts me when MW hits 5 stacks but I usually just watch the buff stack. For everything else I can watch cooldowns just fine without a bunch of bars on my screen. I like running with a super minimal UI and SAA is the opposite of minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    I downloaded it because a friend of mine recommended and i can say you are a complete brainles kid if you need it. Imo if anyone needs a addon to help them increase i consider them partly botting...you are not playing yourself but the addon is doing it for you.
    Its still kind of usefull to get a reminder of the scale. I know the scale, yet i use it, because i find it calming to get a thumbs up on my "rotation" :]
    Syobon action-cat for secret last boss in WotLK!

I probably do the highest pve dps as enhancement on my server (due in no small part to my gear and the raid I've got with me) and I use this addon. I definitely recommend the addon, but do not myself use all of its functions. The nice thing about SAA, to Levvas credit, is that though it has alot of information and is somewhat anti-minimalist it is fully customizable. You can turn on/off any of the functions that it provides as well as adjust the size of the visual elements displayed by the addon.

If you find that it is not minimal enough for you, I'm sure you'd find with a bit of personalization the addons functions really do not take up that much space.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

regballin

Quote Originally Posted by Shaamwow
    If you find that it is not minimal enough for you, I'm sure you'd find with a bit of personalization the addons functions really do not take up that much space.
    Sure I could turn off a lot of the bars etc but why even use it when I can watch a few small buttons and two buff stacks instead?

Quote Originally Posted by regballin
    Sure I could turn off a lot of the bars etc but why even use it when I can watch a few small buttons and two buff stacks instead?
    I use the sound warning so that I don't have to "watch" anything.

I'm sure if you're creative you can come up with some other useful things the addon does--Levva has done a bang up job writing it.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

ive just started using saa and i find it very useful. ive changed the size of the bars and removed unneccessary ones and its definetly not bulky. don't see why everyone cant do the same. brilliant for exporting to enhsim too. thanks levva

I also use the enhancement part of totem timers too for mw stacks and shields, anyone else use this?

I use the priority box to keep track on where I am with maelstrom weapon. Thats about it.
    Oh, I use it to tell me when WF/FT is not on. I did too many fight without them.

For shields I use Shields Up and Totem timers for totems.
    Zotac Ghostlands[H] - Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint
    ive just started using saa and i find it very useful. ive changed the size of the bars and removed unneccessary ones and its definetly not bulky. don't see why everyone cant do the same. brilliant for exporting to enhsim too. thanks levva

I also use the enhancement part of totem timers too for mw stacks and shields, anyone else use this?
    I do.

TotemTimers is probably my most invaluable addon as enhance.

i think i have to underline the opinion of Shaamwow. it's an extremely useful addon, easy to configure at your needs. i for myself only run the little window with the maelstroem charges in the middle of my screen and the sounds for msw and ls for shamans that arent used to the rotation, the priority list is also really great. all the additional bars it offers would be too much for me, but you can just turn them off in the menu, as mentioned before

Brilliant add-on for information, weapon buff reminders, Shields, Procs and if you don't know your spell priorities it has that too ^^ I'm currently levelling and use it (although I've disabled the 'Next Spell' feature), not sure I'd live without it =P

Yeah, I find I get too tied up in the little bars and ignore the actual gameplay. Add on that as a Mac User I can't use the Sim export options, I guess I don't have a good reason to use it. It's not awful, and I keep it installed (Though turned off).

I have a mod called EventAlert which produces a large, easy-to-see-button for Maelstrom Procs, along with TT for a totem bar and SF for shield notification/damage tracking.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

I looooove SAA, I'd be lost without it. I like that it prioritizes for me and the noises for shields falling and MW is very, very useful.