Thread: This just in:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: This just in:

I think you're misunderstanding.

your target has 5 stacks, the 3 surrounding targets within 8 yards have 0 stacks
    divine storm hits all 4 targets for the 35% weapon damage.

ONLY your target takes the DOT component damage because it has stacks, no other target gains or loses a stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorthal
    I think you're misunderstanding.

your target has 5 stacks, the 3 surrounding targets within 8 yards have 0 stacks
    divine storm hits all 4 targets for the 35% weapon damage.

ONLY your target takes the DOT component damage because it has stacks, no other target gains or loses a stack.
    I just tested it, and it doesn't.

Main target 5 stacks, seal procs on divine storm but only on the main target, and not the secondary target.
    Standing away from the main target with 5 stacks and targetting it, seal does not proc on the secondary target.

Results may be skewed in that the target actually has to be in exact melee range and not 8 yards(Divine Storm range) for the seal to proc. I'll test this now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    I just tested it, and it doesn't.

Main target 5 stacks, seal procs on divine storm but only on the main target, and not the secondary target.
    Standing away from the main target with 5 stacks and targetting it, seal does not proc on the secondary target.

Results may be skewed in that the target actually has to be in exact melee range and not 8 yards(Divine Storm range) for the seal to proc. I'll test this now.
    I thought SoV still procced from being 5 yards out?

A good way to do it is run Recount, Melee your main target once, and DS- If Recount shows your Seal of Vengeance as hitting 3 times, it does work; otherwise it doesn't.

Here we go. Divine Storm clearly hits both targets, but only my main target with 5 stacks of vengeance receives seal damage.

15+ Year Old Account

Here we go. Divine Storm clearly hits both targets, but only my main target with 5 stacks of vengeance receives seal damage.
    So we got our AoE cut back again :/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    So we got our AoE cut back again :/
    Not that we didn't have pretty decent AE for a Melee class anyhow

yeah you're right, I'm getting no proc from ds, it just must have been the spam from having 2 targets with a stack up on thorim.

AoE isn't all that important imo.

Trash isn't so important imo.
    And on bosses, it's not all that common. And usually you'll have your mages/warlocks dealing with that, while you just continue to dps.

Heck, even as a DK I don't get away from my main target that often just to AoE 40 yards further to the back. Generally a waste of time, because they'll be down to 50% once you reach them.

Overall, I don't see this as a bad thing, because AoE as a melee class on a boss is fairly gimmicky. Not very important.

And now I'm going to shamelessly promote the best metal band from Belgium.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUN3Wo-mBgU

15+ Year Old Account

AoE isn't all that important imo.

Trash isn't so important imo.
    And on bosses, it's not all that common. And usually you'll have your mages/warlocks dealing with that, while you just continue to dps.

Heck, even as a DK I don't get away from my main target that often just to AoE 40 yards further to the back. Generally a waste of time, because they'll be down to 50% once you reach them.

Overall, I don't see this as a bad thing, because AoE as a melee class on a boss is fairly gimmicky. Not very important.

And now I'm going to shamelessly promote the best metal band from Belgium.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUN3Wo-mBgU
    Pretty much. But I hate having Consecration in our Single target DPS: Its like if a Warlock had to use RoF.

15+ Year Old Account

This news makes me happy.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Exellent, this is what I had in mind too
    With CS at least...

I was going to post an idea about a secondary effect for CS : More damage the more SoV stacks there are on a target...
    But they went all out and gave it to all the special abilities, so that's even better

This is a great compromise imo...
    Why can't I upload images for my signature