Page 1 of 3
LastLast

My DPS sucks as ele shammy why? trying to fix my problem

So yeah I changed to ele a month ago, but my dps results aren't that pleasing to me, I pull about 4.3k-4.5k on dummies but on raids im far behind :/

My Main rotation is FS>LVB>CL>LB>LB>LB>LB>LVB>CL>LB>LB>LB repeat

heres my armoryhttp://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oc&n=Thoralius

I'm trying to fix my problem, since theres a shammy friend of mine that has almost identical and he has a way superior dps than me...its fustrating to me, any advices I would be glad to hear them thanks!

Sorry for my english not my main language :S

Re: My DPS sucks as ele shammy why? trying to fix my problem

I believe you're over hit cap just a bit (Not that it really matters in your current gear setup).

If you do more on dummies than in raids, it may be your fps screwing you up. How much fps do you get if you don't mind me asking. If it's less than 10, that may be your problem.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Do you switch your gear when you go to the dummy to get hit capped?
    Make sure there's a 3% hit buff on target, otherwise you'll be missing a lot :3

the CL in your rotation is bad, you have a T8 4 set, don't add CL to your rotation even if it means you'll have ~ .3 seconds wait on your LVB, since you don't have T7 4set LVB is not THAT important, but casting a LB over CL is.

Other than that... idk what to say

Does he use searing totem/magma totem maybe? Since there's more than 1 ele shaman in the raid and you most likely don't have a demo lock, he's probably using a totem to get more dps :P

He said his language isn't english, so he could mean his dps is less in raids, or less on the dummies. Which leads me to think it's either his connection or computer, not really his rotation.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

I'm not nearly as geared as you, so I'm hardly "qualified" to answer, but I'll say a few things take them or leave them

Assuming you raid with a Shadow Priest or Boomkin, you can lost just a little bit of hit. If you don't have one, then you need some more.

You have some spirit and some mp5 which is contributing nothing, although I see that it is all on gear that presumably was selected for haste, hopefully gear with haste and no spirit will drop for ya

For your rotation, I would say that using lava burst as soon as it is up is better than having a fixed rotation, especially in mobile fights

And honestly, latency/lag/framerate can have an adverse effect on your damage as well
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    I believe you're over hit cap just a bit (Not that it really matters in your current gear setup).

If you do more on dummies than in raids, it may be your fps screwing you up. How much fps do you get if you don't mind me asking. If it's less than 10, that may be your problem.

my friend pulls about 6k+ on most of the fights and he almost identical on stats, my connection is about 120-180 max ms and my fps are 50+ I still don't see why my shaman can do what others claim if i ain't doing anything wrong....

i think he meant he dont do much more dps in raids then on dummys ?
    dunno ;-)

rng

your rings and trinkets suck

Quote Originally Posted by Jpkto
    Do you switch your gear when you go to the dummy to get hit capped?
    Make sure there's a 3% hit buff on target, otherwise you'll be missing a lot :3

the CL in your rotation is bad, you have a T8 4 set, don't add CL to your rotation even if it means you'll have ~ .3 seconds wait on your LVB, since you don't have T7 4set LVB is not THAT important, but casting a LB over CL is.

Other than that... idk what to say

Does he use searing totem/magma totem maybe? Since there's more than 1 ele shaman in the raid and you most likely don't have a demo lock, he's probably using a totem to get more dps :P
    the thing is that rotation is the one my friend gave me :S

The rotation can change depending on how much mobility is happening.

Try taking chain lightning out of your rotation. I think you're at the haste amount where you can take CL out of your rotation.

rng

Quote Originally Posted by haywood
    your rings and trinkets suck
    does having OS trinket could bump me up to 6k? since is 200 sp more is one of the main dif between my friend shaman and me beacuse we have the same SP buffed (totem of wrath and flametongue)

Do you use your trinket's spellpower buff during a BL? Your timing of cds could be the cause of lower dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    Do you use your trinket's spellpower buff during a BL? Your timing of cds could be the cause of lower dps.
    Depends on fight, if fights are long like XT hardmode for example, I use everything that is up, if fights are short like Hodir hardmode lets say I wait until BL

Hmm 6k+ on most fights? i believe your friend uses magma totem near the boss while you provide the ToW buff... it cant be such a big difference between you.. if you can post some wws or wmo link and say your friend's armory link i could do better analisys. Also your trinkets are kinda bad. If you can take >> these << trinkets, i believe they're the best combo. Make a macro to use EM+Haste trinket, i think its better to use them NOT during the heroism/bl - in most cases i use the EM+Haste in the beginning like 10 secs after start, also use the EM instant for LB, not LvB, cuz u win more time, then after the hero which is in the middle of fights both trinket and em cd's are up and i can use them again with the macro. Try to remove all Spirit and mp5 and change with spell/haste/crit items, hit cap for raiding is.. 263+1% (you dont have draenei) so try to be not really overcapped. If you have mana problem just use the convection talent, not mp5..
    Straight from the bottom and I'm tryin' to get higher...

Quote Originally Posted by FuguNeptulon
    Hmm 6k+ on most fights? i believe your friend uses magma totem near the boss while you provide the ToW buff... it cant be such a big difference between you.. if you can post some wws or wmo link and say your friend's armory link i could do better analisys. Also your trinkets are kinda bad. If you can take >> these << trinkets, i believe they're the best combo. Make a macro to use EM+Haste trinket, i think its better to use them NOT during the heroism/bl - in most cases i use the EM+Haste in the beginning like 10 secs after start, also use the EM instant for LB, not LvB, cuz u win more time, then after the hero which is in the middle of fights both trinket and em cd's are up and i can use them again with the macro. Try to remove all Spirit and mp5 and change with spell/haste/crit items, hit cap for raiding is.. 263+1% (you dont have draenei) so try to be not really overcapped. If you have mana problem just use the convection talent, not mp5..
    well my shaman friend is in another guild I forgot to ask if theres another ele shaman on his raid... but yea my trinkets sucks im slowy trying to replace the pieces that have spirit and my shield which sucks...

When you play elemental, it's pretty vital that you run a priority rotation.
    Keep FS on the target at all times, use your LvB whenever it's off it's cooldown and then spam LB's untill you repeat either of the two first steps.
    I, however, throw in a CL if there's 1-2 second till I need to refresh my FS, but again, it's a matter of taste. If you're lacking mana (which is virtually impossible nowadays), dont use CL.
    And to the guy with the "best" trinkets; no. SP>Haste>Crit>Hit (assuming you're hitcapped).
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...t&n=Flix%C3%A9
    I have 3240-ish SP when I'm fully raidbuffed and my trinkets are rolling at maximum (which is all the time).

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Flixe
    Keep FS on the target at all times, use your LvB whenever it's off it's cooldown and then spam LB's untill you repeat either of the two first steps.
    I, however, throw in a CL if there's 1-2 second till I need to refresh my FS, but again, it's a matter of taste. If you're lacking mana (which is virtually impossible nowadays), dont use CL.
    And to the guy with the "best" trinkets; no. SP>Haste>Crit>Hit (assuming you're hitcapped).
    I have 3240-ish SP when I'm fully raidbuffed and my trinkets are rolling at maximum (which is all the time).
    You're better off regemming that 9sp/8hit to 9sp/8haste in your chest piece :P
    Retired in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Flixe
    But I though the point of the FS glyph was to have 2 LvB until next refresh since is a 16sec CD and LVB's are 8secs which give you 2 LVB's before refreshing or did I miss understood your statement mate? between how much dps you pull out avg on most of the fights? another thing if shaman ele spec depends on rng then man I really having a bad luck.....