Grid alternative

Hey....I've just started to heal again and i'm getting realy sick of Grid-.- The Debuffs are too big to see health changes while debuffs are aktive and the squares are for my taste too small well i'm sure i didn't config the add on right but i was wondering if there's an good alternative for grid...

Re: Grid alternative

healbot...

queue flames!!!!
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Well, if you want another option, there is allways healbot out there.

But you can easily configure grid to adapt to allmost anyones liking . Just work with it some time.

Write /grid config and work your magic
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

I know that a lot of guildies use healbot. Gives a nice little UI and also you dont need to click the person then the heal. It works on different ways you click the people in the UI.

E.G. Shift click for regrowth and middle click for nourish

etc.

I'm not quite a clicker i've tried healbot but its not 4 me:-) thanks anyway i'll check out wowinterfaces again:-P

You know you can actually disable the debuff icons on grid?

x-perl, is imo hands down the best raid frames mod out there, its sleek lookin, compact and with a little tinkerin you can get it to use highlightin to display anything you desire, personally i have it set up so i have blue highlighting on targets that have my rejuv's on em, in addition to separate settings for curses poisons etc.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

imo just configure grid properly so it doesn't have the "big debuffs" and stretch it out so that it's no longer squares

Quote Originally Posted by moocowfrakmilk
    x-perl, is imo hands down the best raid frames mod out there, its sleek lookin, compact and with a little tinkerin you can get it to use highlightin to display anything you desire, personally i have it set up so i have blue highlighting on targets that have my rejuv's on em, in addition to separate settings for curses poisons etc.
    I dig xperl too.
    I personally am a clicker, so Xperl + Clique for me = awesome.
    Xperl can display your entire raid, debuffs, current hots, incoming heals, every debuff, usually shows important boss debuffs, (like iceblock in KT).
    Just a wonderful addon.

15+ Year Old Account

If you are lazy to configure addon, don't look for alternative and use standard frames.. gl with it though 8)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    You know you can actually disable the debuff icons on grid?
    This.

You can also configurate them so they are tiny small in the middle, or just have debuff colors in the corners (a little square).

Frame - Center icon - deselect everything if you don't want anything in the middle at all.

Top left / top right / bottom left / bottom right is as i mentioned corners where a color for the debuff will show up.
    Blue square (Magic), Green square (poison), Yellowish square (disease), Purple square (curse), make sure that you select different corners for different debuffs.
    There is also a red square so you can see who has aggro.
    If you don't have any way of dispelling curses, leave it out cause you don't need to see it anyways.

Did send you PM for Grid config with screenshot if you want to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamjam
    I know that a lot of guildies use healbot. Gives a nice little UI and also you dont need to click the person then the heal. It works on different ways you click the people in the UI.

E.G. Shift click for regrowth and middle click for nourish

etc.
    I am using Grid in combination with Clique, which makes it work roughly like Healbot (clicking to cast, also with optional modifiers). I find the Grid/Clique combo much more versatile though.

VuhDo

Best Raidframes ever!

Has anything Healbot or Grid+Clique offers and much more. Highly configurable.
    I replaced my beloved Xperl with these raidframes.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...239-1.167.html

Quote Originally Posted by Azhriaz
    I am using Grid in combination with Clique, which makes it work roughly like Healbot (clicking to cast, also with optional modifiers). I find the Grid/Clique combo much more versatile though.
    Using same setup, i havent tested healbot for while but in Grid you can add your own marks for it for example i am healing raids with my paladin and i have add Beacon of Light and Sacred Shield so i wont never cast them targets who allready have them.
    Afaik you can add any buff/debuff what game has.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Vuhdo is really nice. It combines the click-casting interface that's inherent in healbot (or can be added to Grid/X-Perl/etc with Clique) with the configurability of Grid. I recently moved from a Grid + Clique healing interface to a Vuhdo setup, and I love it. It also can save radically different setups to use when soloing, 5-manning, 10-manning, 25-manning, and 40-manning, which is something I wished Grid could do.