Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Hungering Cold needs to be more Arena friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    you have free flashbombing/manaburning/holy firing window of 6 seconds. Flashbombing should get your team to full if really pressured, that is if you need to heal in the first place, since your team should be carving warrior or DK to pieces while hovering kill/interrupt threat over paladin's head.
    Implying discipline spells aren't holy school...

LaughingElf.jpg

You effectively just said when you get disarmed that's fine you can still obliterate, blood strike or icy touch (you did get manaburn right).

..and you didn't get my point, you cant burst with a dk wailing on you...
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Implying discipline spells aren't holy school...

LaughingElf.jpg

You effectively just said when you get disarmed that's fine you can still obliterate, blood strike or icy touch (you did get manaburn right).

..and you didn't get my point, you cant burst with a dk wailing on you...

Hello, mr. 1500 rated. Warrior and DK interrupts lock school down for exactly FOUR seconds, while being on a TEN seconds cooldown.

Surprisingly, math would suggest that 10-4=6. At least WoW math. Yours might be different. Never trust a laughing elf!

Finally penance delivers 4 ticks of heals over its duration, starting with one instant at the start of the cast. Unless you guess, due to lag factor at least 2 ticks will get through. If DK is interrupting, due to internal issues with mind freeze lag that still aren't fixed he will very likely get 3/4 ticks out before interrupt registers as "landed".

Also known as discipline /caring about interrupts on penance.

Finally, what stops you from busting down a DK "wailing on you" exactly? He's not immune to damage or control, and only gains minimal damage increase if you burst him properly (from behind so he doesn't get runic strike procs and stop caster DPS when BIG GREEN BUBBLE OF FIVE SECONDS pops up).

Seriously, did you misspell "1" as "2" when you mentioned your "2300-2400" rating?

What stops me from bursting down the dk is...you cant burst down a dk in frost presence (why go blood when your druid...most have druids...will outlast) while your partner is getting (generally cycloned) or if not you have one of many cooldowns to use. You can help with damage but you are just asking for a interrupt silence combo (yes captain obvious i know its a 2 minute cooldown) which is a good 9 second lock down and puts you on the backfoot after he has obviously unloaded at least 4 frost strikes into you. All while my rogue is sitting and spinning in the winds.

I was deliberately saying about the disarmed part because I thought you were thinking penance wasn't a holy spell and then you told me to cast 2 holy spells which you cant do if holy is locked out, Obviously this isnt what you meant...

p.s. I never typed my rating so dont know where you got 2.3-4k from...
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    Warrior + DK = why is it 2v1 on a healer? Granted we just farm that team ourselves, since warrior is squishy as hell and paladin relies too much on cast heals. Most of the time you can just go postal on the warrior with proper switches and he'll drop dead, never really getting real pressure into the healer. And that's as a cleave without MS, RMP would just rotate CC between warrior and DK, and nuke the other one, forcing bubble and ending in a proper spell lock > poly > blind combo on paladin with successful kill on dismantled warrior or out of CDs DK.

i love how you make RMP sound so simple yet fail with all the steps involved :P

if you fuck up that "RMP would just rotate CC between warrior and DK, and nuke the other one, forcing bubble and ending in a proper spell lock > poly > blind combo on paladin with successful kill on dismantled warrior or out of CDs DK." which has many parts to fuck up on and as a DK you have many ways to interupt / stop that combo its GG

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    What stops me from bursting down the dk is...you cant burst down a dk in frost presence
    Again, why not? What stops you? Extra armor and 5% damage reduction buys him extra couple of seconds of valuable time, but it still doesn't immunize him, and once he's out of CDs, which is what you want, he's very VERY squishy. This is why pretty much every single dual caster cleave out there will always just chain bursts on DK, once he's out of CDs, he's dead. Same for RMP, pressure the hell out of the DK, force his CDs, then just switch burst him or one of the teammates dead.

Really, this is modus operandi on high level 3v3 at the moment. DKs are not just killable - they're very squishy once their CDs is out, even in frost presence. And pressuring DK in between quick burst spikes generally forces him to sit in frost - meaning significantly less damage taken by you, which in turn results in more potential pressure by you... And this is the road to victory against mediocre who actually do just sit in frost the entire game as a frost DK. Unoholy DK in frost presence is a whole different story, but we're talking about hungering cold still, which is unavailable to that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl
    i love how you make RMP sound so simple yet fail with all the steps involved :P
    Admittedly I haven't played RMP in a while, and could be out of touch. The general idea stays, and mistakes in execution should be punished. If they weren't, RMP would truly be immortal. We used to rotate CC in turns on melee vs melee cleaves in the old days, and I figured the same principle would still be true. Could you perhaps post the current "proper" CC rotation for warrior-frost dk-paladin cleave? Might as well get up to date if I ever decide to dig my rogue out of naftalene.

P.S. Looked at the wrong poster when talking about the rating. Apologies, it's quite a bit late here.

Honestly if you expect blizz to change an ability so it fits your idea of what it should be, you might be waiting a while.
    Hungering Cold is fine, l2p.
    Honestly whenever I arena with a DK, we always set up hungering cold into a CC chain anyway, so chances are that they can't run away from you while they're CC'd, or they might be a bit pre-occupied with the frost burst as soon as CC is going.

ill trade a buff for HC for death grip and chains of ice the best ccs in the game

Honestly, i feel the hungering Cold is rather pitiful. Even though i never use it on my DK (he just goes PvE specs, no spec i have grabs HC.) When i am in arena's and the frost DK uses it, it often breaks due to some random AoE that was accidentally placed (totems, etc) Perhaps if when in the ice block makes you immune to AoE and damage other than the diseases themselves. Plus make the first attack against the blocks in effective as a chance to have the partner/partners move away from the ice blocks. Just my opinion, as i don't really know how it is supposed to work in arenas when it usually breaks off of all of us in the matter of a couple seconds. Just figured the iceblocks might as well be a bit tougher, while not making it so powerful that people whine about it endlessly, as with every ability DK's have at the moment.

My 2c. :P
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

so you're telling me that ability which requires even a little bit of skill from the player (this one very little though) is not arena friendly?
    l2p first

An ability for a melee class that requires melee range. Oh noes.

...seriously, humans are really.. really greedy.

It's not directed to Death Knights only but to everyone including my class that is being messed up and down by Blizzard for the shortage of logic..

But seriously.. I mean seriously.. Hungering Cold is one of the best spells I've ever seen and can't believe you're asking for more mate. :/

Would it make me look bad if I can have the same effect for Repentance for example? like AoE Sap in Combat for everyone around me? that would be awesome but of course you guys will flame me right now but uh well.. if they do, then they should flame you too. ;D

Made by myself while I'm bored..

And oh yeah.. forgot..

/bubble /alt+f4

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis
    So, when can we expect nerfs to HC so that it's more arena friendly?
    LOL, agreed!

10 second duration and a 1 minute cooldown make it ridiculously easy to burst someone down in 2s. Even if you trinket the first one, you still have to eat the second one and there is no way around it because DG+HC=win.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis
    So, when can we expect nerfs to HC so that it's more arena friendly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

I saw the title and came here to read nerf hungering cold.

Its really OP.. Nerf it to the ground! 5min CD!!

skaarrj, I've read a few of your comments on this site. your ideas are just stupid. It feels like you didn't think them thru at all.

just saying, I cant take you seriously.

Hungering Cold in tandem with Frost Strike is the reason I play frost for arenas over UH. In 5s and sometimes 3s, I rush the opposition with my team, drop this on all of em and beat up our kill target. If anyone else trinkets the HC then they are free to be CCd for the next 2 minutes, and our FoK rogue can go Burko and fuck shit up.

Hungering Cold is anything but not OP at the moment. With incoming damage nerfs to frost however it may soon cease to be used.

It needs a nerf, not a buff.

It's already pretty overpowered only usable in melee range. If you force healer to trinket first one... you pretty much will always win 1 minute later when you pop your 2nd HC.

Considering frost DKs can currently dish out a good 30k dmg in 3 secs combined with 10 sec aoe freeze + 5 sec strangulate... what more do you need?

Frost DK one of the easiest classes to currently play in arena. Just use hungering cold + strangulate on healer and burn the dps. If it doesn't work just survive till next hungering cold and try again. Takes as little skill as playing rogue/priest in 2s.

L2P Frost spec

Quote Originally Posted by Craz

Considering frost DKs can currently dish out a good 30k dmg in 3 secs combined with 10 sec aoe freeze + 5 sec strangulate... what more do you need?
    No. Maybe against a warrior under 35% HP with death wish and zerk stance, debuffed with CoE and 0 resilience, but otherwise no.

Sap is a nice ability, but the fact that it only works while stealthed, on an out of combat target within 10 yards of you is awful, for a number of reasons.
    1). You cannot use it if you are Stunned,Feared, or incapacitated in any way.
    2). You cannot use it at range
    3). Because you cannot use it at range, it means you can be kited, and never see the use of the ability.

Quit bitching. DKs do not need buffs, nor am I being biased.

I play one.

We're fine.

TL;DR: L2P