Conditional Macros, is it possible.

So to get this clarified, i am extremely familiar with macros, and have written many over the course of my playing. But, I have never seen (or attempted to write) a conditional macro. Does the WoW macro interface allow it, and if so does anyone have any successful conditional macros.

For those who arent sure. I am talking If, then macros... like for the example i want to use it for:

If no aspect is present, then cast aspect of the hawk
    If aspect of the viper is present, then cast aspect of the hawk
    If aspect of the hawk is present, then cast aspect of the viper

Again, is this possible in the WoW macro interface?

Re: Conditional Macros, is it possible.

There are a handful of conditionals you're allowed to do, such as "If area supports flying", "If I'm in battle stance", etc., but I've never heard of any way to do it with aspects.

if i recall, thats possible imo. but i dont know the command...

might be similar to the macro used to queue Maul with every attack, but without turnin it off if it is already queued

those macros use the ! before the spell name, such as

#showtooltip
    /cast Mangle (Bear)()
    /cast !Maul

so maybe something like

/cast !Aspect Hawk, Aspect Viper

I seem to remember that the ! modifier was also used for druids who wanted to make a use pot and immediately shift back into bear form macro back before they let you pot without switching. It was used to detect if you were still under the effect of a previous global cooldown, to make sure that when you hit the macro you wouldnt get stuck in caster.
    would cast hawk if hawk is not present, and if hawk is present cast viper? No idea if the ! qualifier works in that manner for normal spells as opposed to maul (which is "on next attack" mele)

The only valid conditional in this context would be "stance" and it is explicitly not supported for Aspects. The logic is that aspects, DK's presences, and a pally's auras do not affect that abilities available to the player. Whereas shadowform, warrior stances, druid forms, stealth all do.

In short, what you are asking is not possible using the macro conditionals.

From Wowwiki: Making a macro:
    stance:0/1/2/.../n

Stance is the generic term used for Warriors', Druids', Rogues' (Stealth), Priests' (Shadowform) and Shaman's (Ghost Wolf) forms. Stances are only applicable to situations where certain abilities are only usable in specific forms. Because of this, Paladin auras and Death Knight presences (despite being on the shapeshift bar), and Hunter aspects are NOT considered stances.

The simplest form of [stance], as mentioned previously, means that you are in any stance whatsoever. It is equivalent to [stance:1/2/3/.../n] where n is the number of stances you have. [stance:0] is equivalent to [nostance] so you can use a conditional like [stance:0/3] to evaluate as true if you are either in stance 3 or not in any stance.

The stances themselves are ordered the same way as they appear on your shapeshift bar. So a Druid with Bear, Aquatic, Cat, and Travel forms would have stances 1 through 4.

I just use:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Aspect of the Dragonhawk
    /cast Aspect of the Viper

Change 'Dragonhawk' to 'Hawk' if you don't have it.