Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How to Solo Bloodlord Mandikor as Ret

I've never really tried this, but would being an Uld10/Naxx25 geared tank make this easier because my Ret gear kinda sucks some 5-man heroic epics and a couple of T7 pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirako
    I've never really tried this, but would being an Uld10/Naxx25 geared tank make this easier because my Ret gear kinda sucks some 5-man heroic epics and a couple of T7 pieces?
    Yeah it would be a lot easier for you to solo it as prot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    Sorry, but your Sacred Shield isn't absorbing 6k damage. The formula for the absorbed amount with Divine Guardian is

absorbed = {[Spell Power] * 0.75) + 500}*1.2

Using that, for your shield to absorb 6000 damage, you would need 6000 spell power. Sheath of light is 30% of your attack power, so you would need 20k attack power to pull that off.

It is possible for sacred shield to proc after absorbing all of a hit, making it look like the same shield absorbed twice as much damage as usual. This still doesn't explain absorbing a 5.4k guillotine.

Your method of doing him obviously works for you, but I think people wearing even Naxx epics would have a lot harder time killing him that way.

there is a neat addon for your recount, http://www.wowace.com/addons/recountguessedabsorbs/
    since im saved for zg for 2 more days i can't go and test it on mandokir but ill provide some screens from ulduar
    our holy pala had his max absorb around 8.2k with sacred shield

ill show you mine when im done

The t8.5 holy 4 piece set bonus is actually bugged. The bonus used to give 10% more absorption, but then they changed it to where it can trigger ever 4 seconds instead of 6. It is currently giving both of these bonuses. That still doesn't explain how he would have got enough spell power to absorb 8.2k damage.

Just for reference, self buffed, my SS as Ret seems to absorb less than 2k damage.

Quote Originally Posted by dddmaster
    me like

Soloed BloodLord, whit Seal of blood (Judgement of wisdom) & Seal of Wisdom (Judgement of wisdom). Used 1 bubble, and 2 wings. Not that hard tho... went down easly

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=Inferior

Use your normal seals, no need to change shit. I just kill raptor, kite boss for 2 mins till enrage wears off, kill boss. /thread

It's called guessed absorbs for a reason. Here's a quote from the page on Curse.

"It's mainly provided to give Disc Priests and other classes who use absorbs to gauge their contribution but should be taken with a large grain of salt because this or other known methods do not work accurately and can fail under typical conditions."

I would imagine that the target had another shield effect on them too and Recount couldn't tell which shield actually absorbed the damage. Sacred Shield doesn't absorb anywhere near what you think it does. If it did, all paladins would be virtually unkillable in PvP.

See if you can get a friend to help you do some testing in some duels or something. Have them activate sacred shield, then do an attack that would break it and see how much damage it says was absorbed. I doubt it will be much over the 2k mark for a Ret.