Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Top end raiding gear and herorics =/

Find a rogue to use "Tricks of the Trade" on you, then tell him to run in there and super spam "Fan of Knives." OMG, that means we can be useful in a heroic without even giving any buffs out.... *tears of joy* I'll finally be wanted!!!

And what kind of fail rogues do YOU run with?! Rogues have no excuse to be under 2k5-3k DPS in any raid!

People suck...

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    As long as you have decent kitty gear and your healer isnt retarded just use full kitty gear 10k maul crits are great for threat
    In short ArP is better for bears than it is for cats in terms of a dps stat(which is basically threat) because over 90% of your damage is effected by it com paired with like 60% from cats.
    This is what I was looking for, thank you. First xpac I'd raided as feral and wasn't quite sure how Armpen worked in argument with Agi instead.

Would really depend on if you trust your healer or not. In most higher end cat gear you would still have 30k+ hp but would have less avoidance. Can tank in that easy but your healer would prob want to know ahead of time that you are doing it in your dps gear. As long as you use a bear spec and cat gear it shouldn't be a problem.

I wish I still had 30k+ hp in cat gear. lol Haven't seen that since they nerfed bear HP. Well, unless you count raid buffed. I'm around 26k self buffed in bear form w/ cat gear (everything is UD25 gear except the idol, greatness trinket & my nax arp cape, General V. hates me in 10 & 25 man).

For the OP, start by removing as much extra defense as you can. Rings, cloaks, necklaces... anything that increases a mob's chance to miss you. You really don't want a mob to "miss" you, you want to dodge its attack or take the hit.

For the rest of you gear, drop OON. It's outdated. Also, you fail at jewelcrafting. Badly. Baby Jesus' salty tears stain your shirt.

15+ Year Old Account

You want more rage, then pull more groups.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    You want more rage, then pull more groups.
    This. No matter how outgeared you are, there is some pulling speed that will keep you and your group busy and give you enough rage (and time on the the new mobs) to never get any aggro problems. And if your dps is strong enough to pull aggro (in that case I wonder what the hell you are doing in a heroic instance), they are able to kill it some seconds later, too.
    Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

If you are having trouble dodging, don't face the mob. Let it hit you from behind, rage sucess!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

Just mix in some cat gear to you get hit more often or a bit harder. Sitting down works like the other posters said.

Another thing that I do is hit those pesky critters on the ground. They are little rage batteries. And if your rage is fine between fights, then find that same little critter and growl. It will put you in combat and your rage will not deplete.

I tank in pure dps gear these days simply because Savage Defense completely negates everything a heroic can throw at me.

also 3k+ dps..

It's not so much tanking... more bear dps.

Deleted

Unless your healer is total scrub, you can do heroics in full DPS gear.

I tank heroics in full cat gear in my cat spec. I sit at about 30k hp buffed, but I don't have the dodge talents, rage from dodges, or the 12% damage reduction.

I seem to tank them fine. But honestly you shouldn't have rage problems unless you skipped the talents that give rage from crits and dodges. You aren't a warrior.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Deleted

I do heroics in my full tanking gear and I get lots of rage and dont have issues with threat. Im also fairly sure I have better gear than you.

Have you tried white attacks? Maybe pull several mobs so you can swipe and generate rage through crits?

Maybe you should be able to deduct this yourself, given your "high end raiding" experience..

Quote Originally Posted by Tun
    I do heroics in my full tanking gear and I get lots of rage and dont have issues with threat. Im also fairly sure I have better gear than you.

Have you tried white attacks? Maybe pull several mobs so you can swipe and generate rage through crits?

Maybe you should be able to deduct this yourself, given your "high end raiding" experience..
    This.

I have high end gear, including some hard modes 25, and I tank heroics with my full tank outfit and have no problems with rage - even when I run heroics with equally geared dps.

Just make sure you don't pull with 0 rage.

Quote Originally Posted by darkie
    Oh please.... i play a holy priest. I helped some friend gar his pala "tonk" ... well it didn't really look like a tank when it was tanking HoL with 19k health and greens , non-def capped but meh...

Heroics are distirbingly easy imo , a good geared healer is enough (unless the tank can't keep aggro and u have to heal like 2 DPS + non-def capped tank , which i think it's not the case). My suggestion is full cat gear (in some heroics i've had cat tanking with dps gear , bit hard on the healer but things were going down crazy ast) as bear and get a guildie to heal (someone you know who can heal through 1-2 unlucky crits , or an overpull gone bad :<).

OR

You can just start a naxx25 group and get your friend "raiding" gear in a matter of a few hours instead of heroic grinding. (<--- a lot easier and faster than doing heroics , just make sure u have 5-6 dpses u can that will be over 4k and u can afford having some "dks" or 1300 dps rogues).
    He won't be crit.... with Survival of the Fittest 400 Defense.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara