Will Shadowplay be back in 3.2?

A lot of players are predicting this. Will a shadowpriest, afflock and resto shaman will make a mark or dent (sadz) in 3.2 arena? What's your guess?

Re: Will Shadowplay be back in 3.2?

No because frost mage, destro lock and resto shaman already usually pull off 3-4k overkills on their last hit at least. Resilience change +- gear change, they will still overkill with 1-2k at least when their burst succeeds.

And superior control due to lack of overlapping DR on CC will let them go chomp chomp on enemy caster pressure teams.

Oh wait, you were talking low end arena where skill is optional, which is why melee rules with iron fist. Yes, in there anything is possible.

No, yes, yes.

In four years of WOW pvp I've never encountered an SPriest that has beat me when I was at full health :\

At least I think... ???

I've been playing shadowplay this season (Im the shaman) and we're currently sitting on 2260 without really feeling at all frustrated with how things are going - Im thinking our cap will be somewhere near 2500 if we keep going the way we are.

Im rocking out just over 1000 resil (only 2300sp), with the lock on 900, spriest on 850 and both of them around 2700sp

The only real insta loss for us so far has been rogue/feral/disc... just cant seem to prevent one of us dying in the first 10-15 seconds of combat. Our closest attempt so far has been to D/C the druid, horror the rogue into a couple of fears and pray that our lock can live until my sap wears off.. I think in about 2 out of the 4 match ups we managed to get the rogue INCREDIBLY low but just couldnt finish him off in time =[ But we'll get there!

Any warrior teams are almost an insta win for us (sorry warriors!). We've played the plethora of comps though and have pretty much always managed to at least win SOME games against very skilled / geared opponents.

RMP is ~50/50 depending on the teamwork / reactions of the team.

When I was at lower res (~600) we were struggling majorly against ele/destro/disc priest but they dont seem to be a massive problem anymore

But yes, next season I predict that teams will be seeing a few more shadowplay teams around.. at the moment there's only a handful and we've never ever seen a mirror. Lots of teams CLAIM to be shadowplay, but Ele/Destro/Disc is more like Firecleave tbh.

I think the only reason people think shadow priests are gimpy at the moment is because all the good priests have been facerolling as disc and have forgotten how to play shadow. The guy I play with has been shadow and only shadow since vanilla and he's nasty as hell :O The fact that Spriests are getting 20% healing debuff is just extra noms .

(sorry for the somewhat disjointed post, cbf editing)

I think you're overreacting with numbers there. There is no way your priest can have 2700 spellpower in pvp gear.

Also, vs rogue teams in 3v3 have your lock send the pet on someone and you use earth shield on the pet. That should put you to combat and help you avoid saps.

Re: shadowplay - we'll see but my best bet will be that SP will either go OOM or be so locked down that he'll do nothing except devouring plague / swp on a target while being chased or controlled.

Yeah he has 2651 sp in pvp gear with innerfire, even more considering my totem and broodmother trinket stacks and the occassional lightweave proc. Thanks for the tip re the pet. Will be trying that asap

Spellpower isn't calculated by using random procs, that way I could claim I got over 4k :>

However, I still believe that priest will have mana problems more than anything else and using cooldowns will have to be coordinated. Having you shock-interrupting casts and having felhunter spellocking can really mess up paladins. Setups with paladins will probably have the worst time against shadowplay if them 2 manage to dot up everything. Once those dots start ticking, the damage is really huge.

As for getting early in combat, I (as disco) usually renew my DK's pet and he makes it leap to one of the targets which puts me into combat instantly. I don't know if ES will work since if I put my shield on the pet it doesn't work, only Renew does. Seeing you got only earthliving which is a proc.. you might have harder time getting into combat. I suggest practicing it in BGs before using it in arena.

Yeah he has 2651 sp in pvp gear
    mean he have 2477 spellpower ( no inner fire ) without the broodmother trinket stacks in PVP gear with 800 resi ?

i'm ulduar geared ( far to be bis geared..not rly hardmode ) and i'm sitting at nearly the same number...little less than him.....

talking about unbuffed stat......i don't see it possible rly

Quote Originally Posted by Sefa
    mean he have 2477 spellpower ( no inner fire ) without the broodmother trinket stacks in PVP gear with 800 resi ?

i'm ulduar geared ( far to be bis geared..not rly hardmode ) and i'm sitting at nearly the same number...little less than him.....

talking about unbuffed stat......i don't see it possible rly
    Considering Inner Fire is undispellable, I highly doubt that you can't consider it as part of your spellpower. An Elemental Shaman can count Flametongue weapon.

If say because it's fallen off, it's either a) A bad priest, or b) You're stunned, or c) you're being focussed so hard it's not even funny. And in either "b" or "C" (sometimes they even overlap, who knew?) your effective output is relatively zero anyways, so I can't really see you saying "OMG U DON'T HAVE 2651 SP!" during that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Reaching 2.3K isn't hard. 125 from eye of the broodmother, 144 from the flametongue and random proc from lightweave - yea he can have that much spellpower but it's not something he has all the time. For the eye he needs to cast 5x (and re-cast within a few seconds), for inner fire he must not get focused from some melee for a long time, totem can easily be destroyed and lightweave proc is random and you never know when it can occur.

Anyway, glad to see some shadows above 2k rating in 3s.

Shadowplay will be one of our most viable setups if not the best to go for season 7.
    The new MS effect and the 1.15 minute Dispersion(with glyph) will offer us much more opportunities .
    I think season 7 will be a very nice season for us.

Shadowpriest ist viable even yet.. im on 2.5k in every bracket for a month now with shadowpriest druid rogue in 3s
    Kelberotz is at 2639 with shadowplay.

i think you should have at least 1k resilience before looking at spellpower.. with the resilience buff/nerf its even more important for us!

Question: Does "shadowplay" actually mean anything, or is it just some strange way of saying "pvping as a shadow priest"?

It means resto shaman, warlock (affliction usually) and shadow priest.

It should be good...

The only thing im nervous about is being able to keep my lock alive with no hasted LHWs =[ especially vs feraldruid/rogue

the 10% dmg reduction from crit heals might be enough though... we shall see