Tankadin in 3.2 - making threat

Hi,

I have a question about tankadins in 3.2 , and how they're supposed to make threat.

I got back to the game a few months ago, and I as i know fury gives 90% more threat to holy spells only.

SoV - the damage-over-time effect is now considered a melee attack instead of a spell attack I guess this is off the table for us?
    Exorcism: Now has a 1.5 second cast time, but can once again be used on players. - Cant get that out with constant attacks? i have holy wrath flash backs, in hyjal with all those undead, u would love to put out a HW but u cant coz of the cast time
    Judgements: Some of these attacks were considered ranged and some melee. They are all now considered melee attacks that can't be dodged, parried or blocked Judgements are melee???

ok, so no SoV coz it's melee, no judgements coz they are melee and cant use Exor, am I missing something? will judgements still be considered a spell although it's melee? for all i know melee is melee and cant be melee spell or whatever..

please explain or help guys.

Thank you

Re: Tankadin in 3.2 - making threat

even if they go by melee-hit table they still count as holy damage, it´s still just autoattack that´s not doing holy-damage.

How can they be melee AND stay spell ???

melee is affected by diff things then spell and versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight
    How can they be melee AND stay spell ???

melee is affected by diff things then spell and versa.
    I'm sure someone will come along and explain it better later but the changes in 3.2 are going to be that seals are going to use the melee hit table, but they are still going to deal holy spell damage.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

whether a attack is considered as melee attack or not has nothing to do with the kind of damage it deals (melee aint automatically physical)

besides - the only real "melee attack that deals holy damage" is HotR, the Rest are Spells wich either use Spellmechanics (spellmiss - holyshield, consecration, avengersshield, exorcism) or Meleemechanics (meleemiss - judgements, shield of the righteousness, taunts)

but to simply answer your question: every yellow number a protectionpaladin pulls out is affected by RF

Quote Originally Posted by lave
    but to simply answer your question: every yellow number a protectionpaladin pulls out is affected by RF
    thank u

15+ Year Old Account

thank u
    In other words: Melee or Spell changes how the attacks HITS or MISSES. The Spell School affects what kind of damage it does, and if it's affected or not by RF.

With 3.2 SoV and Judgements HIT like melees, that means 8% hit needed to cap instead of 17%, and STILL do holy damage, so they are STILL affected by RF.

To give you an idea, I was testing stuff in Coliseum 10men, and I was constantly over 9k TPS. As things are, 3.2 is going to be a *huge* buff in threat for us. Not like we needed one, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    To give you an idea, I was testing stuff in Coliseum 10men, and I was constantly over 9k TPS. As things are, 3.2 is going to be a *huge* buff in threat for us. Not like we needed one, anyway.
    Are you shitting me!!! OMG! 9k TPS???? that's awsome! good to see that exor is not taking tps down

good to hear mate thank u! keep us posted about things from ptr

I am only, as starting tank (offspec when needed) worried about the pull. Yesterday we where on the trash before General in Ulduar 25 men and I was assigned one target to pick up and stand a little away from others. I used Exor to pull the mob towards me as I did not wanted to use my shield throw (could pick up other tanktargets not for me to tank). Will be a bitch to pull ranged only one target and not overagro other tanks with there target. I even saw sometimes when I did use my Avanger's shield it unshieped targets (should not be able but think mage and me used ability at exact same moment).

Will be a bitch to pull ranged only one target
    you realise that hand of reckoning 3.2 deals holy damage, thus becomes an exellent pulling ability for single targets?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lave
    you realise that hand of reckoning 3.2 deals holy damage, thus becomes an exellent pulling ability for single targets?
    More than that, you can still use Exorcism when pulling :P Being 1.5sec cast prevent you from weaving it while tanking, but nothing says you can *open* with Exorcism. Also, a Taunt as first attack is still a bad idea.

Are you shitting me!!! OMG! 9k TPS???? that's awsome! good to see that exor is not taking tps down

good to hear mate thank u! keep us posted about things from ptr
    Ehm, Exorcism was never part of our highest TPS rotation. If you were worried about that, I suggest you study 969 again :P Anyway ye, our threat on the PTR is even more stellar than now.

Ehm, Exorcism was never part of our highest TPS rotation.
    That is not completely true.

Exo is more powerful than Judgement. While not using the Judgement->Block Libram there was no reason not to replace every second judgement with exorcism.
    When not speccing SotP and/or not having the Judgemtn-Glyph this was an even clearer decision.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    That is not completely true.

Exo is more powerful than Judgement. While not using the Judgement->Block Libram there was no reason not to replace every second judgement with exorcism.
    When not speccing SotP and/or not having the Judgemtn-Glyph this was an even clearer decision.

Both problem solved with 3.2 tbh :P Seals of the Pure is not worth speccing into (yes, even after SoV buff), and Libram of Obstruction now has a 100% uptime. Until you can get the new dodge libram, it's gonna beat Sacred Shield hands down.

Also, a Taunt as first attack is still a bad idea.
    how is HoR pulling a bad idea. it deals 50% of your attackpower as damage when your target aint targeting you (wich it obviously doesnt before you pull it). so the pull is the very best moment to use taunt (you can still cast exorcism after that, but not the other way around)

if you adress having taunt on cooldown when needed consider this: when caring about a singlepull instead of AS then you`ll normally aim to tank exactly 1 mob.. and its extremly unlikely for a protectionpaladin to loose aggro on a single mob we just pulled (theres no better burst than ours) + you can always use righteous defense in those 8 (6 with t9) seconds till taunt is ready

Use Seal of Vengeance.

Don't use Exorcism. You shouldn't have ben using that anyway. Stick to 969 rotation.

10+ Year Old Account

I keep seeing something rather disturbing. People keep saying "deals holy damage, so is affected by RF" Aren't all of our attacks affected by RF in some way.

That is to say melee attacks and spell attacks, melee is less than spell though.

Or did this change at some point and I missed it?
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshuttle
    I keep seeing something rather disturbing. People keep saying "deals holy damage, so is affected by RF" Aren't all of our attacks affected by RF in some way.

That is to say melee attacks and spell attacks, melee is less than spell though.

Or did this change at some point and I missed it?
    Yes melee attacks are affected by RF as well because it increases out overall threat generation, that being said it's also right to say that only holy damage is affected by this buff because it's the thing that gains 90% MORE of it. (RF replaces the old sanctuary thus +43% threat on all attacks)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Yes melee attacks are affected by RF as well because it increases out overall threat generation, that being said it's also right to say that only holy damage is affected by this buff because it's the thing that gains 90% MORE of it. (RF replaces the old sanctuary thus +43% threat on all attacks)
    Yes I know what it does, I was referring to the way people are like it does holy damage so now it is affected by RF. Makes it seem like they don't realize standard melee attacks are affected as well.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

15+ Year Old Account

Yes I know what it does, I was referring to the way people are like it does holy damage so now it is affected by RF. Makes it seem like they don't realize standard melee attacks are affected as well.
    Yes and no. White hits are affected by RF but they don't get the full modifier (they get 1.4 instead of 2.7). Hence all the discussion.

Did you even bother to read my post? No standard attacks are not affected by RF, they are only affected by the "Blessing of Salvation", that is merged into the RF (just like it is merged into every other tanking specs tanking stance/form/presence)