Thread: 3.2 Gem prices

3.2 Gem prices

Can those guys in PTR list prices of new 3.2 gems from AH?

I'm sure a lot of people would like to see the profit margin for new gems. Thank you.

Re: 3.2 Gem prices

some one wanna take this one for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

because prices on the PTR are gonna be the same on live

they varry from 2k-5k i think

Doing Photoshop requests.

the prices on PTR are seriously retarded and wrong,

and if you think of how the gems are available, i highly doubt that sellign the uncut gems is gonna be the big earner

when you consider nowadays people have alts and mains honour capped from WG / BG's when bored, which is 7 gems per char, then there is the badges ones which can be obtained through very easy to get badges.

then you have transmutes (ok 20 hour CD, but im sure everyone knows annd alch or 2) and then if all else fails, there is the prospecting...

I'm very dubious as to whether the raw gems are gonna sell once live.

but im a JC so i dont care, profits for me in the cutting
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)

You can find epic gems by prospecting Titanium Ore, it's probably not the best way to get it because Titanium is already fairly expensive but if you need as many gems as possible and don't want to wait, go for it. Prospecting Titanium will give you an epic gem 25~30% of the time, the droprate for rare gems seems to be the same, and you will always get an uncommon gem. If you're lucky enough you can even get 2 epics on the same prospect.

You can buy any of the epic gems for Emblem of Heroism. These emblems do not drop anymore in 3.2 and are replaced by Emblems of Conquest in heroic instances / raids dungeons but you can still exchange higher tier emblems. (Emblem of Conquest -> Emblem of Valor > Emblem of Heroism.

* Cardinal Ruby, Majestic Zircon, King's Amber can be bought for Emblem of Heroism x 20.
    * Ametrine, Dreadstone, Eye of Zul can be bought for Emblem of Heroism x 10.

PvP - Honor
    Last but not least, you can buy any of the epic gem for 10,000 Honor Points.
    for how often people will get gems out of titanium and the 20 badges or 10k honor for them i see there being lots of available gems i bet the price will be around 1k each. and will slowly drop just like in BC

Deleted

I fail to see why they should be any more expensive then the current ones :/

here's 2 for you :
    because demand will be high
    because every new jc design is 4 tokens (more or less 4 daylies) [read value of 4 dragon's eye]

Quote Originally Posted by djx
    here's 2 for you :
    because demand will be high
    because every new jc design is 4 tokens (more or less 4 daylies) [read value of 4 dragon's eye]
    Demand will be high, but not high enough that everyone will want add +2 to a gem for 1k gold. The goldbuyers, and some hardcores will rush out and get them right away, most will wait till costs come down.

As for JC tokens, wow, every JC design is 4 tokens. which means most JCers will probably buy them all when the patch hits, cause they have 50+ tokens saved up.

Quote Originally Posted by Miiru
    I fail to see why they should be any more expensive then the current ones :/
    People will always make the price crazy for the first couple weeks. Then they will slowly drop in price and prob float around the 150/200g a piece. I wouldn't be surprised to see them from 1k to 2k in the first couple weeks. I personally sit honor capped and plan to flood the market with them around 750 each for a bit.

AS for why they should be more exspensive.. well they are better then the current ones no matter how small and the fact that people will pay for the better stats no matter the price. Hell i've sold to stormjewels for 600 a piece and i've seen them on the ah for much more.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rìght
    I personally sit honor capped and plan to flood the market with them around 750 each for a bit.
    I think everybody and there mother is more or less honor capped :S

Quote Originally Posted by Miiru
    I think everybody and there mother is more or less honor capped :S

It'll be so funny if they reset honor. (amirite?)

Ok scarlet rubies were far easier to obtain and they have only recently dropped to sub80-100 levels cut.
    Trust me They will stay higher. Though not at 1k obviously but i could see a steady rate of 150-200
    Resto Druids, the best health care system