Thread: Just a thought.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just a thought.

first of all, id like to explain why i ended up playing a Retribution Paladin.

I felt unique, its was TBc and there was Hunters/Rogues everywhere. i started off with a rogue. No idea of class mechanics or anything of that matter, i was happy running around goldshire dueling at level 20odd.

But we was everywhere.. i desided rogue wasnt the class for me.. i mean, i was speced combat and didnt even use stealth at the start of a fight because i was convinsed by all the crying (insert random class below level 30 here) that any rogue that used stealth was a "pussy" and "not a real fighter"? lol.. those where the days.

So i desided to re roll.

One class caught my eye. PALADIN. im sure i hadnt even seen one of those before?

3 weeks later and im level 54. Ret was my spec, and killing (insert random horde race here) was my cause. (hey, if i had tbc at the time i might have been a hordie myself, dont hold my legion to the allaince against me

I loved it, i was still new to the game, but this felt so right. judgeing one seal to truely unlock the capabilities of another. (how well the spec was doing in sunwell was something i clearly had no idea of, if it was as bad as they say)

Then one day this thing happened.

Patch 3.0 to be exact.

Suddenly all the stuff i had learned went strait out the window, no longer was i judging my seals to unlock the power for even greater damage, but instead, i got healed for a little bit, or got a little mana back every time, it just felt wrong.

No sooner had i used my newly refunded talents, there was ret paladins everywhere!

Now i know at this point i had no -real- idea of what the class was capable of at high end (im pretty sure i would have even said "whattt?" if you asked me what high end meant) but one thing was cirtain, the whole aspect of the previous ret spec was gone.(good or bad, i guess that you to deside.. most people -seem- to think bad.)

What once was a rarely used unique spec that took time to atleast think of what you needed to do next, and atleat press the right buttons at the right time was now wrapped up in a neat little package for anyone to use ( i mean... lich king.. i hear hes coming... mabie its about time we started recruting more paladins before we all die due to there being no true resistanse to the king himself. (blizzard wanted the sudden huge increase in paladins imo, they -knew- Death Knight where just around the corner, and didnt want to "leave anyone behind?")

So anyone who cares is still reading, Hi, and thanks for reading ^^, what im trying to get to is what i think ret should be, and why i think blizzard made a big mistake rehauling it in such a drastic way wothout a true goal. ( well, if they had a true goal for the class im pretty sure they failed.com, as im sure i havent heard one "GM" say there happy with ret) ((well, if there goal was more ret paladins for the _Arthas_ expantion, then i guess they done well /kudos))

What ret needs is something to -Build up- its damage. If i could pick one spec that ret should be like atm, its Blood DK.

crusader strike = heart strike
    judgement = icey touch/plauge strike
    (if you get my drift)

We need a build up, we need more to press, we need a challange ( because affliction warlocks are hard amiright?)

"THIS!" is the prblem with ret, BIG cAPITAL LETTERS THAT ANYONE cAN PRESSS

"This." is what ret should be.

Being able to use a string of crusader strikes becuase we've set it up, not a string of 1,2,3hopefullyicrittedlol.

Im pretty sure alot of people would agree with me on this, and if not, please, tell me what -you- think it -should- be.

Ive finally got into raiding, but not as ret sadly, even though i want to deal the damages... Protection just has a -much- larger apeal atm, why would i want to spam 123...4? when i can do 68686868686 and atleast pay for my mistakes.

Tis a shame, mabie soon we will get what we true rets deserve. (if you try tell me im not true becuase i havnt raided BT or Sunwell or any other old instance i personaly belive you need to renew your whole view on what -true- means.)
    Untill then, My deathknight will be the filler.. minus the "skull and krossbonez" add some "holyness" and i recon we are alot closer to what ret _should_ be.

That is all.

PS: Im making the next post just to defeat the need for any jackass to do it.

Re: Just a thaught.

cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzader
    cool story bro

why did you post this?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

cool story bro

Deleted

cool story bro
    I was thaughting the same!

So anyone who cares is still reading, Hi, and thanks for reading ^^,
    Hi! And:

cool story bro

cool story bro

Riveting tale, chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccobalt
    Riveting tale, chap.
    Atleast he put effort into taking the piss.

Chilling tale, sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie
    Chilling tale, sibling.
    gz

15+ Year Old Account

So, this one time at band camp...

Sigh... You basically just sumed (sp?) up huntards on my server. And Why I ask myself everyday "What the fuck were you thinking when you rolled a hunter?"
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

Atleast he put effort into taking the piss.

cool story bro
    Signature too large

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    This...

cool story bro
    Quote Originally Posted by Somnio

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    why did you post this?
    I thaught some people would mabie agree or disagree and give thier opinion on the subject, i like to randomly talk with people about stuff i think about.

sadly most people would rather mock the subject, gz people, you are one of the very reasons blizzard doesnt give a sh*t no more.

The terrible spelling leads me to think troll, but the actual content of the post isn't really inflammatory enough to be even a decent troll..
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    The terrible spelling leads me to think troll, but the actual content of the post isn't really inflammatory enough to be even a decent troll..
    You can troll without directly flaming something.