Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Suggestions for next VoA boss (after Koralon)

It seems quite obvious to me that Blizz will make another VoA boss in 3.3 aswell, this one being based on the water element. Two things you can discuss is: First of all, where would they put the boss, since there's already a path in all directions. Second of all, how would the fight be?
    My guess is that with the placing of the boss they either move the entrance so that you enter in the middle circle and make the water guy be in the end of the south path, or they arrange it so that when you've defeated all the three other keepers the middle circle will open up and allow you to jump down in it and land in water, and the boss would be placed either below you or at a shore not far away.
    The fight however I think either Blizz will actually make it an underwater fight, wich they've been thinking about making, or the fight is on land with Ice-theme, for example blizzards, frost novas maybe even an aura a'la hodir, or pools of water along the side wich play a role in the fight (if you get a debuff, run to the water etc)

Discuss

Edit: Forget the elevator, seems they're going to put it in a pretty fail place imo :-\
    Gief inspiration.

Re: Suggestions for next VoA boss (after Koralon)

I believe you'll have to conquer the elevator of doom before getting to him, this mini-boss will claim many lives.

ps. No jumping down in water btw, I tend to die every time :.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    I believe you'll have to conquer the elevator of doom before getting to him, this mini-boss will claim many lives.

ps. No jumping down in water btw, I tend to die every time :.
    that would be so awesome!

Well, we've got earth, wind, fire... Next would be water.

Probably a ramp down through the middle section, and maybe a secial boss after having killed all 4.
    "captain planet etc"

so we have to kill captain planet?:O

My suggestion is, there won't be another (Although if there was another, the elevator was for sure).
    Archavon, Emalon and Koralon receive an Achievement for killing them altogether inbetween 60 seconds.
    And the Shamans (and the L70ETC) just say "Storm, Earth and Fire", nothing about Water?

Quote Originally Posted by Shikari
    My suggestion is, there won't be another (Although if there was another, the elevator was for sure).
    Archavon, Emalon and Koralon receive an Achievement for killing them altogether inbetween 60 seconds.
    And the Shamans (and the L70ETC) just say "Storm, Earth and Fire", nothing about Water?
    Frost shock?
    Shamans use four elements - totems.

hate to burst your bubble but i would put my money on them not doing another boss for it... it's laid out perfectly as is why would they add an elevator and weird shit? and besides 3.3 is no longer about "getting free pug gear" i think it will be about destroying the lich king and all that... you know since they are gearing us all up with this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Frost shock?
    Shamans use four elements - totems.
    Nah, I don't mean the WoW Shamans with their totems, but the Shamans in Warcraft 3.
    And I mean the song "Storm, Earth and Fire" by Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftains. Fits perfectly imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Inorite
    hate to burst your bubble but i would put my money on them not doing another boss for it... it's laid out perfectly as is why would they add an elevator and weird shit? and besides 3.3 is no longer about "getting free pug gear" i think it will be about destroying the lich king and all that... you know since they are gearing us all up with this patch.
    I was thinking the same thing.

I think for the last patch of the expansion, blizz will give hardcore raiders some of what they want. No more getting tier gear in VoA. Seeing someone with T10 will actually mean something.

I'm not against VoA personally...but I think this will be a nice change if it's how they approach it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Deleted

hardcore raiders already have their rewards in terms of hard mode achievements and hard mode loots, even in 3.3 blizz will do something to give free loots to the casuals, hope for something different from VoA raid honestly^^.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky
    I was thinking the same thing.

I think for the last patch of the expansion, blizz will give hardcore raiders some of what they want. No more getting tier gear in VoA. Seeing someone with T10 will actually mean something.

I'm not against VoA personally...but I think this will be a nice change if it's how they approach it.
    this

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

All you thinking about the 3.3 being more hardcore, Icecrown citadel and that. I see what you mean, and totally agree if that's the case, but to me Icecrown citadel/lich king would be the final patch, and 3 patches sound a little weak imo. Also bottom line is: There are 4 elements, Wind, Earth, Fire and Water. Imo if you start making bosses based on the elements, leaving one out is more wierd than an elevator or similar things
    Gief inspiration.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

As far as achievements go, make a series:
    Earth and Wind: Archavon and Emalon within 60 sec.
    Earth, Wind and Fire: Archavon, Emalon and Koralon within 60 sec.
    Earth, Wind, Fire and Water: Archavon, Emalon, Koralon and Lolapokemon within 60 sec.
    Title reward: Master of the elements

Or sumthing like dat.
    Gief inspiration.

of course there'll be another boss, how else would SUPERPRO RAIDING ALLSTARS get their Disgurntled Gladiator gear?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Seems there's going to be one after all, so anyone got some info/speculations about how it's going to work?
    Gief inspiration.

i think something has already been put into the game's achievement menu in regards to next voa boss. it's ice/water themed

Yap, this is it

Toravon the Ice Watcher (10 player)
    Defeat Toravon the Ice Watcher in 10 player mode.
    Toravon the Ice Watcher (25 player)
    Defeat Toravon the Ice Watcher in 25 player mode.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Well obviously it was gonna be water/ice themed, but do anyone got any speculations about what's the fight's going to be like?

I still believe it's going to be pretty similar to Hodir, atleast with a similar aura. He'll probably do the occasional frost nova, and maybe he'll do something like KT's Frost Blast
    Gief inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Monerya
    Well obviously it was gonna be water/ice themed, but do anyone got any speculations about what's the fight's going to be like?
    I predict it will be modeled after Hodir.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case