Enchanting or Alchemy for Priest?

I have Inscription as my main Profession and did have Herbalism to level it up with, making it a lot easier to level.

However now that I've pretty much maxed out Inscription I've decided to drop Herbalism and pick something that will benefit me more in raiding etc.

I chose Enchanting to begin with, howeverit's taking quite a while etc, and I'm just thinking about the results I'm going to get if I stick with it and max it out. From what I can gather I'll be able to enchant my rings with Spell Power, +19 on each. Is that the only end result I get?

If so +38 Spell Power doesn't seem much reward for all the effort it'll take to max out. I know enchanters are always in demand from other people etc, but I'm really wanting something that will help me more directly.

I was an Alchemist in TBC and really enjoyed making my own potions/flasks etc and found it a lot quicker, plus the Alchemist Stone you can make is really good.

So to sum up, for my own personal use and not for selling in Trade etc, would Enchanting or Alchemy be better?

I mainly raid as a Healing Priest but I also do quite a bit of PvP, so ideally something that would suit both would be good.

Any info from current Enchanters/Alchemists would be very much appreciated!

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Re: Enchanting or Alchemy for Priest?

the ringenchants will be buffed to +25 sp i beleve now in 3.2.

Although, i for one would pick alchemy, for the passive buff. if u r a healingpriest, the mana u have in a raid is needed to be spent on healing the raid. so the alchemybuff, getting "more" out of a flask or potion will benefit u the most.

MORE sp from a frostwyrm-flask, and more healing if u need to pot yourself. The answer is clear to me atleast.

I would go with alchemy, but thats just me. i got it paired with inscription on my shamanhealer, wicked combo.

Deleted

Re: Enchanting or Alchemy for Priest?

Thread locked. Please read stickies before posting.