100 Marks of Honor x 5

After looking in my mailbox expecting to see some auction sales, I saw ~150 AV marks. So I thought, why not get the Black War mounts? I had them back in TBC but deleted them before the new mount system was implemented. So, I got all five mounts. Wonderful.

Then my friend asks me and my druid friend if we wanna do some 3v3s for points. The druid says not now, because the arena season is resetting soon. D'oh. I had already gotten two peices of Hateful gear to replace my questing blues (quit WoW for six months, left as a fresh 80) and this news made me /emo.

So instead of buying more Hateful gear, I decide to get the trinkets since those aren't gonna chance, but then wait to buy other gear, for the new, better tier. So, I have 75k honor, and thought to get 100 of every mark of honor. I have 100 Strand of the Ancient marks, and 70 Eye of the Storm marks. 0 WSG, AB or AV marks. Oh god.

Anybody else doing this? It's about 200k honor if you have it capped, and I don't think the gold is bad either.

Re: 100 Marks of Honor x 5

If your are already honor capped you should definitely work on stack your marks for a better start in the upcoming season, just depends on your realmpool and your faction, some BGs can really be frustrating (f.e. AB in our Pool)

Quote Originally Posted by Improved
    Its really easy to do, I did my BM last season so when S6 came out I could unlock over 240K honor (with some WG marks/shard) and buy all the furious gear the first week
    Ehh, it's harder with 10 minute Q's that are losses 95% of the time.

Im capped currently at 75k honor and 100 marks each bg, only because 3.2 comes out now.
    But still to turn in the marks you need Isle Of Conquest marks.
    My tactic is to play only Isle Of Conquest and turn in marks on the fly.
    I am hoping to get the new Master achivement from new bg.
    To not be capped at honor I will buy epic gems and sell them on AH.

Quote Originally Posted by frintezza
    Im capped currently at 75k honor and 100 marks each bg, only because 3.2 comes out now.
    But still to turn in the marks you need Isle Of Conquest marks.
    My tactic is to play only Isle Of Conquest and turn in marks on the fly.
    I am hoping to get the new Master achivement from new bg.
    To not be capped at honor I will buy epic gems and sell them on AH.
    Right now I have 100 Strand of the Ancient Marks and 100 Eye of the Storm Marks. 0 AV, AB, or WSG. Considering I'd say we have two weeks until the next arena season, I will go to the gas station, buy every freaking can of Red Bull I see, and blastfuck the next two weeks with AV/AB/WSG. I have my warrior parked outside Wintergrasp during maitenance so when I log on I can do the dailies real quick and finally get my black war mammoth.

Uuum, sorry to rain on your parade, but won't you need 100 new marks to complete the quest, seeing as blizz tends to make it harder to complete after they add a new BG.
    1. You're reading my comment
    2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
    4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my comment.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

I did this in preparation for S6 with my mage.

I had ~85 marks of every kind, maxed honor and had completed (but did not turn in) the daily PVP quest and all of the dailies for WG so that as soon as i spent honor i could turn all of them in. I think all in all i had about 180K+ honor and after about 1 week into the season i was up around 1700 and had 4 of the furious off epics.

It's really nice, if you can pull it off i HIGHLY recommend it. At the same time though, don't burn yourself out on BGs when you arent even getting honor for them... just spend a little to bring yourself below the cap so that you can gain the full benefit from your grind. its not worth it to pass up free honor just because the gear is going to be going up by 3-4 stat points each. Especially if you are wearing blues right now. Just buy the off-epics (rings/neck/cape), dont spend honor on the gear you can get from Vault (legs/chest/gloves). I made that mistake with my sham... i bought the hateful legs and the next night i got the deadly ones from VOA25 = (. I was sure wishing i would have bought the helm.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    I did this in preparation for S6 with my mage.

I had ~85 marks of every kind, maxed honor and had completed (but did not turn in) the daily PVP quest and all of the dailies for WG so that as soon as i spent honor i could turn all of them in. I think all in all i had about 180K+ honor and after about 1 week into the season i was up around 1700 and had 4 of the furious off epics.

It's really nice, if you can pull it off i HIGHLY recommend it. At the same time though, don't burn yourself out on BGs when you arent even getting honor for them... just spend a little to bring yourself below the cap so that you can gain the full benefit from your grind. its not worth it to pass up free honor just because the gear is going to be going up by 3-4 stat points each. Especially if you are wearing blues right now. Just buy the off-epics (rings/neck/cape), dont spend honor on the gear you can get from Vault (legs/chest/gloves). I made that mistake with my sham... i bought the hateful legs and the next night i got the deadly ones from VOA25 = (. I was sure wishing i would have bought the helm.
    Thanks for the helpful post. Yeah, I'll probably do something like that. Currently I have...

100 EOTS
    100 SOTA
    15 AV
    15 Isle of Conquest
    0 AB
    0 WSG

So yes, I will burn myself out, and I will have fun doing it. Currently my plan is to be farming the 100 AB/WSG tokens AFTER I spend my honor cap / Wintergrasp dailies. I also have some Wintergrasp marks I might buy the 2000 honor stuff with. And yeah, right now I have blues + all of the Deadly peices available (neck, belt, etc.)