Thread: i dont get it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: i dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Khalahn
    Disarm is main hand weapon only. Dismantle is main hand, offhand, and ranged.
    Kha TY TY TY so much I knew that I didnt fully understand the mechanics and im glad you came here to enlighten me.

In short though what this would give us is the ability to always have some sort of offensive capability be through ShoR or standard ret attacks IE we would never be left completely defenseless.

After thinking about it I would be ok without beign able to block with the shield so long as I still got the passive armor benefit.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Deleted

Heh yea the armor would be pretty op

I mean, God forbid there's a class to counter rogues. That can't be happening!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fajer

I mean, God forbid there's a class to counter rogues. That can't be happening!!!
    Youre a hybrid dps your not SUPPOSED to be able to beat anyone or anything, except of course other hybrids. Know your place gnave.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Why not just spec prot for a shield/mainhand style?

Quote Originally Posted by Uhuuu
    Why not just spec prot for a shield/mainhand style?
    Because Pret or "protribution" theoretically wont outpace retribution until about 4k strength. It scales better but it just requires too much in the way of str to overcome the lack of top end damage on your weapons and with the new damage reduction off ShoR.

The other reason is because blizzard has already set the standard that paladin interrupts/silences come from our shield and thats something we dont have but NEED for pve.

i like the idea of protribution alot i just fear ppl calling us prostitution

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Youre a hybrid dps your not SUPPOSED to be able to beat anyone or anything, except of course other hybrids. Know your place gnave.
    And so is a warrior, a druid and I think they name priest as a hybrid also. They already stated that is not the direction that they want the game to go. Dont be a jackass ;D

Few "classes" counter rogues.
    Rogues are countered by players and gear, not classes. :P

I know the old adage is "a well-played rogue can beat <anyone>", but even in 1v1 it isn't strictly true anymore. In a 2/3/5v5, it isn't true either. Rogue's certainly nice but they're a shadow of what they've been before.

However, since people continue to "lolrogues r op", just like they say "lolret is op" and "loldk is op", the reputation lives on.

(I'm a warlock, for the record)

ZOMG, our dps will be less on trash! wtf am i going to do in nax! oh wait, who cares, it's nax. in ulduar u have very little trash and except easy fights like razor or the adds in freya, u don't have to come off boss that often.

shammies are bad on trash too, enhance that is. but rev up well on single target bosses. we will too. if u are using overal recount to judge your dps, u fail anyways. only boss encounters count. and the new raid has no trash.

pure dps is something that is supposed to do top dps, and not bring much to the raid.

hyb are like totems, pally buffs and so on, haste for raid.

what do dk bring cept for 1 spec maybe (improved icy if u have no other haste)

dk are a pure dps class who can tank.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    pure dps is something that is supposed to do top dps, and not bring much to the raid.

hyb are like totems, pally buffs and so on, haste for raid.

what do dk bring cept for 1 spec maybe (improved icy if u have no other haste)

dk are a pure dps class who can tank.
    Umm... Blood brings +10% AP to the raid through Abomination's Might and Unholy brings +13% spell damage through Ebon Plaguebringer (and Unholy's version is easier to apply to multiple mobs than Earth and Moon or Curse of Elements by far). All dps specs in the game now have something they bring to the raid buff-wise.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Blizzards thoughts exactly...
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite
    You mean you have to switch targets now?
    O the huge manatee
    Our ramp up time to do normal damage is ~15 seconds, so switching targets is an issue if the target you switch to dies quickly, or you have to switch a lot in a short amount of time (heart phase on XT comes to mind as one of those fights we'll probably do pretty terrible dps on compared to what we can do now).