Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: I shouldnt have asked.

    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Like Feral Tanks in BC. No room for another role in there. Damn those children and their raid viable kitties.

    But seriously... GC has dropped the hammer and dispensed with some indiscriminate justice. Smite or "Holy" DPS is dead. Agree or Disagree... it is what it is.
    Disc nor kitty was viable in BC, why are druids finally 1 up?


    WAH WAH WAH, I WANNA SPEC RESTO AND STILL DPS AS GOOD AS BOOMKIN.
    See whats wrong there?, its stupidly op.

    Think about arena, Disc priest and <Dps class>
    thats 2 DPS and Heals.

    Holly Pallies, Resto Druids/Shaman cant DPS well, why should priests?

    Shadow DPS has enough issues as it is why would blizzard want to waste time on a stupid idea.

    Smite spec
    Holy form

    People like this have no idea.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  2. #22

    Re: I shouldnt have asked.

    Resto Shaman and Druids, and Holy Paladins do not have DPS exclusive spells in their "Healing" spellbooks. I don't understand why you discount this.


    Again... it doesn't matter anymore... because it isn't going to happen.


    However, to discount that the spells are there, and somehow a Disco/Holy priest casting Holy Fire or Smite is the same as a Resto Druid casting Wrath is specious. Druids have a spec where they can cast Wrath viably in a raid environment. Priests do not have a spec where they can cast Holy Fire or Smite viably in a raid environment... and they never will.


    I'm seriously cool with it. However, please remove the asinine talents that increase Holy DPS. Please remove the Glyphs that increase Holy DPS. Please remove the Holy spells that are exclusively DPS. Instead, give me Mindflay as a generic priest spell so I can level as disco or holy effectively. Just like all the resto shaman level with Lightning Bolt and resto druids level with Wrath. That way, priests are samey-samey with all other healers... using DPS spells from their DPS trees to level.

    With all that crap removed... maybe we can get some new talents in the holy tree that improve PvP? Some new Glyphs that make GH cast-able again?

  3. #23

    Re: I shouldnt have asked.

    Well my bigest problem as a priest in pvp is that, while i can heal through dps damage, when i need to throw in the dps becuase iether 1 i'm alone, or 2 my target isnt getting hit. Smite is shit. If they intend it to be horrible then they should lower the mana cost. Its not worth the mana to cast allot of the time, especially if the target end up reaching full hp again. Compleat waste of mana.

    There is no reason smite cant do good damage. It doesnt even do 80% of the damage a simmilarly casted dps spell does, in any spec. Thats a bit of a gap if you ask me. Blizzard just refuses to give healer some actual dps, I dont realy care if its competitive but damn does it have to be crap?
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  4. #24

    Re: I shouldnt have asked.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Well my bigest problem as a priest in pvp is that, while i can heal through dps damage, when i need to throw in the dps becuase iether 1 i'm alone, or 2 my target isnt getting hit. Smite is shit. If they intend it to be horrible then they should lower the mana cost. Its not worth the mana to cast allot of the time, especially if the target end up reaching full hp again. Compleat waste of mana.

    There is no reason smite cant do good damage. It doesnt even do 80% of the damage a simmilarly casted dps spell does, in any spec. Thats a bit of a gap if you ask me. Blizzard just refuses to give healer some actual dps, I dont realy care if its competitive but damn does it have to be crap?
    Yes. It has to be crap because it is intended to be a "leveling" spell, as per GC. The only reason why Smite/HF still exists is because MF must be talented to learn. If MF became a lvl1 spell that you start the game with, Smite/HF could go away. Then priests would be the same as all the other healers in how they level.

  5. #25

    Re: I shouldnt have asked.

    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    However, to discount that the spells are there, and somehow a Disco/Holy priest casting Holy Fire or Smite is the same as a Resto Druid casting Wrath is specious. Druids have a spec where they can cast Wrath viably in a raid environment. Priests do not have a spec where they can cast Holy Fire or Smite viably in a raid environment... and they never will.


    I'm seriously cool with it. However, please remove the asinine talents that increase Holy DPS. Please remove the Glyphs that increase Holy DPS. Please remove the Holy spells that are exclusively DPS. Instead, give me Mindflay as a generic priest spell so I can level as disco or holy effectively. Just like all the resto shaman level with Lightning Bolt and resto druids level with Wrath. That way, priests are samey-samey with all other healers... using DPS spells from their DPS trees to level.

    With all that crap removed... maybe we can get some new talents in the holy tree that improve PvP? Some new Glyphs that make GH cast-able again?
    I would definitely agree with this, if there is absolutely no chance of these skills being useful aside from "leveling" (which im trying to think of other classes, and they dont have these - EXCEPT feral druids claw, which could be used by resto if they were kittying.. for whatever reason >_>)

    No other class uses a skill ONLY to level with, so I think thats a pretty fair assessment, Spiritus. Though, knowing the people on here, you'll get bitched at for not just accepting it as is.

  6. #26

    Re: I shouldnt have asked.

    Yeah. I honestly never picked up the "Holy DPS" Argument because I had some great desire to see a "Holy DPS" spec.

    Rather, it was tiresome to hear people call others idiots for floating an idea that hadn't been shot down by Blizz, and made logical sense: DPS spells existing in a tree, with talents and glyphs to improve them, that were not used in a raid environment. Especially since Blizzard had set precedent in making two specs roles working within 1 tree and 1 spec working by borrowing from 2 trees.

    People slandered those who simply stated an opinion. Not just pointing out the flaws, but by imposing false negative connotations. ALL people who would like to see a "Smite" Spec are "BAD." ALL people who want to see a "Smite" Spec are just trying to be "different" for difference sake. My personal favorite was, "Smite spec does shitty DPS....so your bad." Well no shit Sherlock. The idea was to theorize how it could become viable. I prolly would have never taken a side in the whole thing if it wasn't for the ridiculous amount of slander being thrown around.

    But no matter... it can all be put to rest. Holy DPS is dead. Now we can only hope that we can get rid of these stupid leveling spells/talents/glyphs for good.

  7. #27

    Re: I shouldnt have asked.

    There are in fact some pretty high-rated Priests that like the Glyph of Smiting and even that +10% damage talent for Arena's. The burst Priests can throw out is damn nice for a healer, it's just not sustainable. I understand this isn't useful at all for PvE though (the PvE way of hyper-specialization is the main reason I don't like it, but to each his own).

    So no, I wouldn't want to see all those spells and talents gone

  8. #28

    Re: I shouldnt have asked.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester
    There are in fact some pretty high-rated Priests that like the Glyph of Smiting and even that +10% damage talent for Arena's. The burst Priests can throw out is damn nice for a healer, it's just not sustainable. I understand this isn't useful at all for PvE though (the PvE way of hyper-specialization is the main reason I don't like it, but to each his own).

    So no, I wouldn't want to see all those spells and talents gone
    Then your exploiting their purpose--according to the lead systems designer--and should expect a hot-nerf. After all, these spells are there for "something to hit at low level" and give you "some" ability to do damage in Holy or Disco. It shouldn't be game changing in either PvE or PvP, its there for you to be able to kill murlocs. Shadow is your DPS spec. All hail GC.

  9. #29

    Re: I shouldnt have asked.

    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Then your exploiting their purpose--according to the lead systems designer--and should expect a hot-nerf. After all, these spells are there for "something to hit at low level" and give you "some" ability to do damage in Holy or Disco. It shouldn't be game changing in either PvE or PvP, its there for you to be able to kill murlocs. Shadow is your DPS spec. All hail GC.
    All hail GC.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •