Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Is retri even worth playing after the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    If you rolled a ret paladin just to destroy stuff, reroll something else. If you rolled ret paladin to play a ret paladin because you just like the class, you will have fun no matter what.
    Well their is line in pve. if that line gets crossed, i can enjoy playing ret all i want but i wont be taken for hardmodes. and that is something that should not be...

druidjavel

I belived retri had a high burst damage to make up for not having a "MS" effect. How will that work in arena beating on a resto druid, "ofc theres ways around it"(flame here)^^ "overall not only in the troll world" it seems that a retri only have burst damage to take down a healer? yeye im noob idiot dum and shold read that and that but can enyone talk about it
    /sorry for bad english

Quote Originally Posted by druidjavel
    I belived retri had a high burst damage to make up for not having a "MS" effect. How will that work in arena beating on a resto druid, "ofc theres ways around it"(flame here)^^ "overall not only in the troll world" it seems that a retri only have burst damage to take down a healer? yeye im noob idiot dum and shold read that and that but can enyone talk about it
    /sorry for bad english
    Now we will have HIGH sustained damage which IMO is better than high burst. What good is doing 15k in 3gcds when the healer can top up in 1 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Eremetu
    How about u let the patch hit before u complain...

On a side note...Hybrid, your not meant to do top DPS your their for buffs for the other DPS get used to it.

(I Raid Enhancement fyi)
    Anyone else find extreme irony in this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by druidjavel
    /sorry for bad english
    i think it will be good cuz in pvp u can choose to heal or waste a GCD dispelling it off imo it will make the ret pvp over powered with the right stuff and a good amount of crits ull be forcing them to heal or face the wrath of having 5 stacks beat your ass to the ground

I love it still. I already have other 80s I could fall back on, but my Ret will remain my main....even though my dps is shit on short fights, and in 5-mans I've gone from being around 40-50% of the overall damage to around 18-25%. Hell, rogues and hunters in blues can stay with my Uld 25 geared pally in 5-mans if the fight is short enough. Nevertheless, I feel optimistic that over time Blizz will see how much these changes negatively impact our PvE dps. Either tweak the ramp-up or buff the pay-off.

I like the direction...the outcome is yet to be determined.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Anyone else find extreme irony in this statement?
    Irony? How about utter retardation?
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by yor7
    Yea ! Thats the spirit! Lets hope you will quit playing a paladin along with the scums who rerolled one just to get carried by the class.

This is it!
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by yor7
    Yea ! Thats the spirit! Lets hope you will quit playing a paladin along with the scums who rerolled one just to get carried by the class.
    This user has been banned.

Ok, so I just witnessed a Ret pally soloing Chillmaw and the three cultist elites. The nerf couldn't have been that bad.
    Not to be confused with Drakmarr.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Draklarr
    Ok, so I just witnessed a Ret pally soloing Chillmaw and the three cultist elites. The nerf couldn't have been that bad.
    We can do that pre-3.2 with Seal of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Draklarr
    Enhancement shamans and feral druids can do it too.

Also, we've been doing that for a long time. My friends paladin is 7-8 blues still and he can solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    We can do that pre-3.2 with Seal of Light.
    i've been doing him with seal of blood and without bubble/loh all along :
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Kufelina
    As the title says. Is it even worth it? (In pvp)
    Can anyone who has played alot of ptr please tell me. I dont understand a shit about the patch notes.
    you should reroll imediately, if you ask such questions, srsly.

Ret was worth playing in 2.2 and 2.3 on. So why would it be any different now? There's no way it could be as bad as it was back then. I even played alliance and I made it work.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Ret was worth playing in 2.2 and 2.3 on. So why would it be any different now? There's no way it could be as bad as it was back then. I even played alliance and I made it work.
    ^

No matter how much nerfs ret gets now, it will still be better than it was in TBC. Comparing just the leveling of ret then and now is like day and night. Sure, the spec is not perfect, but it is in a better place than it has ever been. A nerf here or there will not change it.

By the way, SoC slightly surpasses SoB/M after two applications of the dot. And, if you have a tankadin, you use his dot stacks to increase your damage until you apply yours. So... this is not as bad as it is told.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

I love how a lot of Paladins are complacent with mediocrity. Just because we are slightly better off than in BC doesn't mean we are undeserving of a full functioning class/spec. Sure, it'll be nice to get rid of the rerollers from 3.0, but coming from someone who's played a Paladin for almost 4 years, I'll be honest, I'm sick of the roller coaster and half assed development.

I love my pala, my 3rd one atm had 1 alli pala at 60, was horde at that time, then one for 70, had to stop playing for some time gave the acc away and now i´m at my 3rd pala
    And all that time i was ret and i still love it
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

My little dwarf paladin is my first charr and i will never stop playing him.. dont care how much they nerf us.. i still love the class.. learn to adapt when you get the nerf bat.. real paladins know this since we are used to it

So stop QQ and L2P