Arena Proffs (melee specific)

I just wanted to hear some opinions about the best Arena proffs for melee.

It seems the best numbers come from BS/JC, but I don't know enough about Engineering to make a good comparison. For rogues and ferals, I think LW or Enchanting could offer something equal to BS, but for those who value strength more, BS comes out on top. Correct me if I am wrong of course!

Any thoughts/ideas/comments are appreciated!

Re: Arena Proffs (melee specific)

BS and JC are the best because they offer the most flexibility. There are no advantages of using enchanting over BS or JC, only disadvantages because they offer less stat flexibility.

For example: as you mentioned, a class that benefits most from AP will not see a difference between enchanting (or LW) and BS (or JC) but classes who prefer other stats such as agility, ARP, or str, will much rather have BS/JC instead of being limited to AP with enchanting/LW.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Im lvling a dk atm just for next arena season to try and get gladiator title, he is only lvl 73 and has engineering maxed for the hand mounted pyro rockets, and im lvling JC for the gems. To me JC was a MUST, but BS and ENG was a bit of a toss up. i figured that since the hand mounted pyro rockets will b buffed in 3.2, and blizz has stated they will allowed the nitro boots to be used in arena some time i'd lvl eng.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    BS and JC are the best because they offer the most flexibility. There are no advantages of using enchanting over BS or JC, only disadvantages because they offer less stat flexibility.

For example: as you mentioned, a class that benefits most from AP will not see a difference between enchanting (or LW) and BS (or JC) but classes who prefer other stats such as agility, ARP, or str, will much rather have BS/JC instead of being limited to AP with enchanting/LW.
    Yea, that's what I was thinking. Thanks a ton for your input!