Poll: Should gladiator, duelist, rival, and challenger titles be decided by class rank?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

arena titles decided by class

what if gladiator, duelist, rival and challenger titles were decided by the representation of ur class, instead of ur outright rating?

rather than saying that the top .5% rated teams get the title, what if the top .5% of ur class got the title?

so what i am getting at is what if YOU had to be the BEST at ur class, not ur CLASS being the BEST to get the title

this way each season u would c the best players not the best classes that season, get the title

Re: arena titles decided by class

Nice idea.

very cool idea, i'd be alot more motivated to play, say my hunter alt next season if this were the case.

This would be an awesome change. Not only would it discourage fotm'ing, the amount that still occurs will push the actual competant players to play better.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

then there would be no point in having arena teams? just make it 1v1... which is more unbalanced then 2s. current system gogo
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

I'd assume Shaman would get "the Impossible" then?

I'd love to see this, it would discourage badwagons but at the same time it would discourage certain classes to experiment with different specs. For example; feral druids are a lot harder to play (get high rating) than they would be if you were resto, so it would encourage all druids to go resto.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by mapp
    then there would be no point in having arena teams? just make it 1v1... which is more unbalanced then 2s. current system gogo
    what? there will be no point in having arena teams because the title awarded it given to top x% of each class?

Don't think it would make much of a difference. I.e. you'd still see mages, rogues and priests sporting glad titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    The interwebz, protecting enraged nerds from ass-woopin they would get irl since almost 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    So what would a Shaman/Hunter/SPriest 3's team get? Or would WoW just implode due to system error?

Quote Originally Posted by Cayleypriest
    So what would a Shaman/Hunter/SPriest 3's team get? Or would WoW just implode due to system error?
    It wouldn't happen, Blizzard would ban them for wintrading
    /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Soaps20
    what? there will be no point in having arena teams because the title awarded it given to top x% of each class?
    yeah sorry idk what iwas thinking... its a good idea
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Atm our Mage/Priest would easily secure Duelist.

With this change, my mage would easily secure Glad.

I would easily secure, idk, Rival I'm assuming.

It causes me to drop down, but I'm gonna be the bigger man and take a broad perspective. Overall, yes this change would be a benefit for the game.

Nice idea, like it alot!

Somone did say something that feral druid would go resto since its more easy blabla.
    So what? Its just like its now, really no difference.(and atm feral is far from bad tho)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Dont stop - go on and make those titles count not only class but spec too :P Good idea anyway.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Deleted

ur ur ur ur ur ur ur

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Dont stop - go on and make those titles count not only class but spec too :P Good idea anyway.
    That would be abit over the top.
    Just make a weird hybrid spec and get gladiator at 1500 rating?

Anyway, very nice suggestion. It would defenently balance the titels out (not 99% FotM gladiators).

Very nice idea there. Would def. make it worth trying hard with some of the lesser used classes.

But seeing as the titles is removed from 2v2 isnt the class representation in 3v3 and 5v5 rather equal?
    It's not illegal to be dumb.. Yet..!

Quote Originally Posted by shamaster
    what if gladiator, duelist, rival and challenger titles were decided by the representation of ur class, instead of ur outright rating?

rather than saying that the top .5% rated teams get the title, what if the top .5% of ur class got the title?

so what i am getting at is what if YOU had to be the BEST at ur class, not ur CLASS being the BEST to get the title

this way each season u would c the best players not the best classes that season, get the title

i would say n1, but to see it logical....

Nope, wouldnt work.

But to keep on the general idea:

Maybe some special rewards if you are one of the best of your class, like special landmounts or titles (gogo Lightbringer ;D).
    Or some set look change of your arena gear, like some light attached on your helmet or shoulders as pally/priest.

Damn that would be awesome, Traijan of the Light or somethin

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez

Rogue/Lock/Shaman is pretty dominate in 3s atm, if you can't get glad in that comp, you're doing it wrong.