Heirloom items, and xp gains in BG's

Do Heirloom items actually increase the xp you get in BG's now? The wording states, "experience gained from killing monsters, and completing quests" - which would lead me to believe that no - they do not give a bonus to the exp you gain.

Re: Heirloom items, and xp gains in BG's

Gnomes are classified as Monsters, you get XP for killing them.

As for the rest of it? You don't get XP from killing people, just completing objectives.

right... i don't think i stated that you get exp from killing players.

The question was - do the heirloom items increase the exp you earn in BG's - from objective completion or whatever - is it effected

"Increases EXP Gained from Killing Monsters"....
    Is an objective a monster? i dont think so...

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ariin
    "Increases EXP Gained from Killing Monsters"....
    Is an objective a monster? i dont think so...

/thread
    Are quests monsters? Don't think so, yet they are affected by the xp boost.
    /revive thread

No they don't. I had the shoulders on my noob and did a WSG then i got the chest and did another. No exp change. Total waste as I plan to level him through PvP only.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikk
    /revive thread
    please read the description of those items.
    it says you'll also get the bonus from completing quests.

15+ Year Old Account

Little off-topic but regarding BG xp.

How is the XP distributed?

* static?
    * generic?

If its generic is it dependent on objectivs like flagcapping, damage done, extra @ HK on ppl that are at higher level than you etc etc?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikk
    /revive thread
    I didnt say quests werent affected by them... but Objectives arent quests neither are they monsters...so not really reviving the thread.. just trying to be smart

i have the shoulders and the chest, it did infact increase on mob killing and questing (they do stack!) but you DO get xp in bgs for killing mobs. AV for example, if you kill the mobs there, the bowmen and the flag guards you get XP. I don;t know if it worked on galv or not, I did 2 AVs last night at 70 and got 5600xp from killing him and 5600 for towers.

I didn't cap the towers myself nor did I get the KB on drek so its distributed that way.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't think shoulders or chest grant additional XP from HK's or Honors, I mean look at this trinket http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42992 it would proc whenever I kill someone. However the shoulders or chest only grants additional XP if you kill a monster or turn in a quest.