Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Trial of the Champion (5-Man)

Quote Originally Posted by Toradora
    Well since Blizzard INSIST on adding their goddamned "Vehicles" to everything in WoTLK. I will do this instance ONCE on both normal and heroic for the achievements only.

Fuck you Blizzard and your stupid argent tournament. Christ.
    You must be ecstatic to hear you won't get any achievements for running it once! Takes a few time to see the different random spawn bosses.

It's a fun fight IMO.

Decent mix of transition fighting from the jousting to first 3x bosses, novelty fight w/ the paladin and 3-phase fight w/ the black knight.

Best moment on the first heroic try (pally tank & healer, 2x mages and feral [me]) was when one of the mages had aggro (just after the mounted phase ends) so I went bear form to try pull it back to the tank, we both died and the tank, healer and other mage still managed to take out the 3 first bosses (which included a healer).

Granted the four of us (everyone but the 2nd mage) are friends and do lots of heroics, etc. so we know how to cover for each other during the "oh crap" situations.

I did it yesterday with a group that was 2 casual guildys and 1 raider + 1 random pugued guy, i don't know why we had this idea, but we went on heroic before the normal mode... we could not get past the first 3 boses... COMEON, even if im pvp spect, i can heal uld10 with this, but i could not heal the first 3 guys, i don't know if it was because of the 3 dps that was doing 2k~ or i was not able to heal that (of course we also had no idea on what the fu was happening ;D) but still!!!

then we went normal and 1shotted everything...

actualy i died on the "elsomething the pure" when he hammered me in the face (that must be interrupted?) when he was 50%... the tank was feral and his 6% heal on crits was enough to keep him fulllife the whole encounter ¬¬

there is any list of spells that i can look to see wth is happening? (we got the damn faggelf mage that aparently have no aggro table and likes to do a 6k fireball on the healer face > )

Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Guedez
    I did it yesterday with a group that was 2 casual guildys and 1 raider + 1 random pugued guy, i don't know why we had this idea, but we went on heroic before the normal mode... we could not get past the first 3 boses... COMEON, even if im pvp spect, i can heal uld10 with this, but i could not heal the first 3 guys, i don't know if it was because of the 3 dps that was doing 2k~ or i was not able to heal that (of course we also had no idea on what the fu was happening ;D) but still!!!

then we went normal and 1shotted everything...

actualy i died on the "elsomething the pure" when he hammered me in the face (that must be interrupted?) when he was 50%... the tank was feral and his 6% heal on crits was enough to keep him fulllife the whole encounter ¬¬

there is any list of spells that i can look to see wth is happening? (we got the damn faggelf mage that aparently have no aggro table and likes to do a 6k fireball on the healer face > )
    He stuns you,then throws his hammer.

If the stun is cleansed, you will catch the hammer.

If you use the hammer, you will pwn him.

If said pwning kills him, the grats on getting the achievement Faceroller.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerin
    (heroic) ~ Anyone have a better way to transition between the mounted and unmounted phase of the first boss? I found wiping to be fairly effective, but not cost-efficient :-[
    Buff before it happens. Kill them all in one location and mark them beforehand how you plan on killing them (in what order)

I believe they run to the center before they attack you, so stand where you wish accordingly.

Out of the Shaman, Mage, Hunter, Rogue, and Warrior that are possible, I always go for the Rogue first if he's there. If it's warrior instead, kill warrior first. If it's rogue and warrior, Rogue first. Hunter always second, otherwise Shaman. If shaman and hunter are up, kill hunter and then shaman. Mage is always last no matter what, she doesn't do anything.

So to recap. Rogue >= Warrior > Hunter >= Shaman > Mage

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

the instance is one big joke.... whats the fun in 15 min. ilvl 219 gear farm?

1 boss event is ez mode with 5 players on mounts. you just can`t die and if you have a good enough aoe tank, then phase 2 is ez mode 2

2 boss. lol hes brings 9 adds, who you can kill in small groups of 3, whitout any problems at all and the boss is just lolololol. just remember to have a healer who can heal.

3 boss. the dark knight. OMG is the realy a boss? phase one..... cc the add and nuke him.
    phase 2. start with aoe and then nuke him.
    phase 3. just full nuke on him and he is dead before he starts pahse 3.

i just can see why the hell blizz has made a 5 man instance with gear of same lvl as ulduar 10 and made it so easy.
    the hardest part of the instance is the wait time, before the event starts
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

15+ Year Old Account

Well since Blizzard INSIST on adding their goddamned "Vehicles" to everything in WoTLK. I will do this instance ONCE on both normal and heroic for the achievements only.

This won't be possible, the new dungeon is like VH you won't get all bosses. Its 3 races out of 5 on the first boss and then its either a female or male as second and black knight as last. Though you will get normal one from doing heroic also

And what the fuck is up with people? Why do you guys insist on everything being exactly the same over and over? I am glad they use the "vehicles" otherwise you would keep pressing the same buttons over and over. People who don't like vehicles are the ones that won't accept changes

Quote Originally Posted by Napee
    Lol....

Thats what happens when new things get added to the game...they typically occur more then once. I'm yet to understand why somebody would want to do the exact same thing on there toons for every encounter this expansion. At least vehicles mix things up a bit.

So you'll be ok with anything "new and different" no matter how crappy it was ? seriously, how about a boss where all you do is just walk back and forth between 2 marks on the ground? because that's basically what vehicles is. They take one single aspect of a normal fight, dumb it down so anyone can learn it after trying it for 10 seconds, and you call that interesting ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ares42
    So you'll be ok with anything "new and different" no matter how crappy it was ? seriously, how about a boss where all you do is just walk back and forth between 2 marks on the ground? because that's basically what vehicles is. They take one single aspect of a normal fight, dumb it down so anyone can learn it after trying it for 10 seconds, and you call that interesting ?
    Yes, that is interesting, since you have to do something else then just pressing the known buttons, you need to adapt new ways of fighting. Learning how to use those vehicles perfectly might take you just 10 seconds, so you are bored with them really fast, but that won't work for everyone. I for example needed a few weeks to figure out, how to defeat those champions effectively, without needing to heal myself after every fight and still its fun to fight them, since its more then just a kill x monsters and come back.
    And what do you mean with "just walk back and forth between 2 marks on the ground"? I never just walk like this in a mounted fight, I run around the enemy, try to hit hom with Charge or your Shield Breaker without being hit yourself. How can you call this walk back and forth?

my only complaint is that it's TOO DAMN SHORT! mr blizz, i'm one of those people who can spend a whole month reading one book, because i have an attention span. this new 5 man, if you take all the talk out, all that jibber jabber, we're left with a few scant minutes of action.

as a paying mug customer, i demand epic 5 mans that you could spend a few hours in, maybe with a nice pit-stop area ala grim guzzler
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by bimbo
    any of these bosses drops Daggers? cos in mmo-champion drop list there isnt any, and my rogue would love to get one

I'm not sure the MMO-champ lootlist covers all the drops there are, but don't hold me to it.
    -----------------------------------

And personally, I really liked this new 5-man, it's quick, enjoyable and very rewarding. Don't take it for more then it is: A great chance for gearing up faster for the next content patch, for all those people with alts that want to get ready for raiding or such.

It ain't a revolution.

Facerolled Heroic in a random PUG with only one person having done it on the ptr.

Very quick and very, very easy for some free 218ilvl(?) loot.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Our normal mode run glitched out on the first boss and one of the riders kept going on new horses, while we were on none.

11 horses later, with literally every 5 seconds knockback, plus poison crap everywhere, we were able to leave and reset it

was lame
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

10+ Year Old Account

Getting to fight a memory of Van Cleef made my day. Next I just want to be able to fight a memory of Hogger! lol.

This.

I really don't care about achievements, and I sure do hate riding these stupid horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    And what the fuck is up with people? Why do you guys insist on everything being exactly the same over and over? I am glad they use the "vehicles" otherwise you would keep pressing the same buttons over and over. People who don't like vehicles are the ones that won't accept changes
    I just don't like jousting.

Quote Originally Posted by aikouka
    I just don't like jousting.
    Vehicles aren't too terrible, but I also hate the jousting.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

I just did the reg version of ToC a couple hours ago. I liked it. Main reason is because it is different then other instances, and the cool intro before each boss. One thing i thought was really cool was on Edric you had to turn around on his one cast, and the whole hammmer/WTF PWN was funny.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bak00777
    I just did the reg version of ToC a couple hours ago. I liked it. Main reason is because it is different then other instances, and the cool intro before each boss. One thing i thought was really cool was on Edric you had to turn around on his one cast, and the whole hammmer/WTF PWN was funny.
    Turn around when he casts.. Really cool ye:x Yogg has the same, although with eadric you get blinded or so for few sec, with yogg you lose sanity..