Poll: Now that it is MUCH easier to gear up a twink, will you make one?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Will you make a twink because of the BG change?

The hardest part of making a good twink has always been getting the gear without blowing your XP. Now you can turn off XP, and run dungeons until that last item drops without fear of the fatal ding.

Will you start making twinks because of the change?

Re: Will you make a twink because of the BG change?

i always thought it was only changed into not getting xp in BG's only, but later tonight i read it over again cause a m8 in my guild talked about it, and now with ALL xp by ANY MEANS is disabled.. yea ill proberly create a Twink of some kind, dunno which class tho.
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Im considering it, but wouldnt go all out on it like the hardcore twinkers do.

No. I despise twinks. They make it neigh impossible for someone to do the occasional pvp as they level, esp at lower levels. What non-twink is ever going to have a chance at killing someone with incredibly better gear than them and over 2k health...at level 19?
    We are the internet we dont care about you. We just want to poke you with a pointy stick
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Furthermore to hate gearscore for 'denying you access to raids' is like hating your credit score for denying you access to a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarpanti
    No. I despise twinks. They make it neigh impossible for someone to do the occasional pvp as they level, esp at lower levels. What non-twink is ever going to have a chance at killing someone with incredibly better gear than them and over 2k health...at level 19?
    As far as I know a twink hasn't been able to reach the benchmark of 2k for quite a few patches without greatly reducing overall effectiveness. The only ones that should reach this high would be a druid, maybe a mage, and a paladin as a result though they have little other then a high survival chance.

Another thing to mention is in 3.2 if you turn honor off you don't face people with honor on in BGs so essentially twinks will not face non-twinks (Although this does cause problems with queue times). Granted I haven't had a Twink since leg patches where viable, and people had just started using Shoulder enchants (Not the BoA shoulder enchants).

Anyways despising someone for enjoying a certain level of the game more then another is not a good reason at all.

Edit: Oh and no I won't make another twink. I personally played them since Vanilla I took it semi serious and made sure I had all the best possible gear/enchants for all my sets, but after leveling to 80 I found I enjoyed End game much more.

Had one a little under four years ago.

Not worth the time invested, but was fun.

I agree twinks were fun, I had a pretty fun BE twink Paladin.

Was still working on getting him the rest of his enchants, but then Blizzard took away the leg enchants ftl

My paladin can still get to 2k hp but he has to go sword and board, and toss on all the stamina gear and be buffed with any +stam, but ya his damage goes down quite a bit.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...in&n=Fatalblow

That's him if you're interested

Same opinion I posted in a different thread. - I stopped twinking post 3.1.
    Before 3.1, with the right tweaks and enchants, you could become unstoppable (as my hunter was)
    An example:

Since 3.1, they've nerfed quite a bit of the available enchants, thus making it much less desirable to play a twink (even though everything has gone down equally and essentially nothing's changed).

Quote Originally Posted by piratepete
    No, but my rerolls will certainly starting going into BG's during their levelling (I even can imagine them levelling only that way).

Quote Originally Posted by piratepete
    The hardest part of making a good twink has always been getting the gear without blowing your XP. Now you can turn off XP, and run dungeons until that last item drops without fear of the fatal ding.

Actually the hardest part of making a good twink is leveling professions, especially mining and herbing in zones that have ?? mobs and xp gains from exploration.

Most classes can get all their gear before they even ding to the level they want to pvp at. Now, I will say that this change has been good for my twinks because now I can solo a couple of the dungeons that I didn't want to get help running, since most people are careless and do things that arbitrarily net you xp.

@ Highmitsu: You are the perfect example of those that don't belong in low level BGs. You don't seem to get the point of doing a BG. It is nice to faceroll a class to top the charts in KBs and damage, but that is not the reason why the BG is there.

It is like I tell everyone who loathes twinking. BGs are meant to be a competitive place to complete a pvp objective as a group. WSG objectives are not to top the charts, but to be the first team to cap the flag 3 times in under 20 mins, or at least get the most caps first.

So you want to be the type of player who just runs around pwning people, and I am glad you are not in my battlegroup.

I have only had time for one WSG since the change, and lemme tell you, it was the funnest loss I have ever had as a twink.

- No lowbie scrubs QQing about twinks.
    - No one graveyard or KB farming.
    - No 'just let them win' QQing.

Everyone was working their asses off on both D and O, and we simply got outplayed at the last minute, and they capped a flag on us, after several returns by both teams. As long as the queues stay reasonable, I will be spending a lot more time on my twinks than either of my 2 80s.

Nope, never understood the point of investing so much time and gold in low level PvP toons.

I'm glad that they've been separated from regular players now, BGs at low level were always off balance thanks to their presence.

why are they called twinks? does anyone know?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I may create a twink, but this Bg change doesn't attract me at all.Enchants have been nerfed and twinks become boring, especially on long queues.

I will most probably do a lvl 59 or 60 warrior twink, my second twink since my hunter back in vanilla. (before they added attack speed normalisation)

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

I had a 39 Hunter a while back and played with a few others a while back. After they decided to level out I didn't really know anyone else in the bracket and got bored of solo Qing rather fast.

Was fun while it lasted, don't miss it much though.

I wont make a twink after the patch, I think that the fun went away after the patch,
    tho I dont know if it really was fun before patch to kill lowlevels :P
    Seriously tho, I think I would make one if I had other friends to play with, then it would be funnier.. I think you made a twink prepatch cause you where "better" than other people..
    Now everyone can farm the best gear without leveling so.. =)

I never had and i never will make a twink. Not because i hate them and want to delete them all, i just think all classes are more fun to play at higher levels with more abilities
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

I already did,but when you can"t faceroll low lvls,it"s not fun(yeah i admit,i enjoy one shotting people ;D)