What spec healing pally for season 7?

Hello, some advice really, just curious what other pally's are thinking for season 7? will all go with beacon spec for 3vrs or will some go prot holy? all opinions and advice appreciate

Re: What spec healing pally for season 7?

Well I personally hate prot/ holy, its good with some set ups, but in 3v3 and 5v5 it's just way to damn slow and easy to lock out. So i will stick with my holy / prot build. The lack of an instant in prot is just something you sometimes cant afford to miss in a 3v3 / 5v5 situation. Ah well this is coming from someone who hates prot to death 'cause it's so booooooring to play, not to say easy..

i was curious mainly with teh 15% dmg reduction, was wondering how teh shield plus exo would work on an added dps point of view etc - but i guess beacon still way to go for 3vrs + gues it woudl also depend heavily on teh setup too :/

HOLY S_IT I hit up 10 games of 2v2 last night and in 2's anyway I have to say the Prot/Holy build needs a nerf.

And I play a holy pally myself, I can't belive I'm calling for a nerf but for 2's the Prot build is WAAY OP.

We go up against a 19/52/0 pally and his Hunter Partner. We get the hunter eventually and then it's 2v1. Problem is that my warrior in full furious gear & Weapon just couldn't do enough damage to kill the guy. He stayed alive for a full 5 minutes before some combined MS, Stun and me using every offensive spell possible finally got him down.

With the new talents that reduce damage if you're under 35%, Heal you for UP TO 30% if a blow were to kill you...on top of that traditional holy build gets nerfed mana regen it's clear what to do for 2's

Now for 3's and 5's I can see where this spec would be worse. But if you're going up

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenclod

With the new talents that reduce damage if you're under 35%, Heal you for UP TO 30% if a blow were to kill you...on top of that traditional holy build gets nerfed mana regen it's clear what to do for 2's
    I didn't know that holy paladins could be def caped.

Protadins are broken. They're by far the best PvP healer, and when I say 'by far' I mean it's a joke how amazing they are.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Protadins are broken. They're by far the best PvP healer, and when I say 'by far' I mean it's a joke how amazing they are.
    Until you face people who know how to interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerazznor
    Until you face people who know how to interrupt.
    And then you get into brackets where nobody is bad and the Protadins are paired with DKs who spam Chains of Ice when you get anywhere near them, making knowing how to interrupt mean nothing.

And then you get into brackets where nobody is bad and the Protadins are paired with DKs who spam Chains of Ice when you get anywhere near them, making knowing how to interrupt mean nothing.
    And while he is spamming CoI what kind of damage is he doing?

I am assuming you are at range, so basically zero (Diseases really don't do that much in the short term).

Don't get me wrong prot healing is OP. I have one and I can tank RP for like 20 seconds without healing. 1 juke and bam full. But when you dispel SS and are in melee range they are pretty much helpless. Not to mention they get raped even harder by mages and locks.

And while he is spamming CoI what kind of damage is he doing?

I am assuming you are at range, so basically zero (Diseases really don't do that much in the short term).

Don't get me wrong prot healing is OP. I have one and I can tank RP for like 20 seconds without healing. 1 juke and bam full. But when you dispel SS and are in melee range they are pretty much helpless. Not to mention they get raped even harder by mages and locks.
    It doesn't matter that he can't kill me while spamming Chains of Ice, he's wasting my mana with both dispels and having to heal over the disease damage and white hits, where as his Protadin's mana is unlimited. To me, this is the biggest problem with the spec.

With the new Flash of Light mechanic adding an additional buff to dispel, getting Sacred Shield off is an exercise in frustration. There are a lot of times where I'll dispel 3-4 times just to get the current shield off, not the buff that procs the shield, and then another shield procs right away. It's getting to the point where I can't even do any damage when we pull off a CC chain, since I'm so occupied with spamming dispel.

It doesn't matter that he can't kill me while spamming Chains of Ice, he's wasting my mana with both dispels and having to heal over the disease damage and white hits, where as his Protadin's mana is unlimited. To me, this is the biggest problem with the spec.

With the new Flash of Light mechanic adding an additional buff to dispel, getting Sacred Shield off is an exercise in frustration. There are a lot of times where I'll dispel 3-4 times just to get the current shield off, not the buff that procs the shield, and then another shield procs right away. It's getting to the point where I can't even do any damage when we pull off a CC chain, since I'm so occupied with spamming dispel.
    Lol. You are a pally complaining about prot healers.

Lol.  You are a pally complaining about prot healers.
    Except I'm a Priest? Derpaderp.

You're really intelligent, please keep posting.

So, paladins are overpowered because DK's can spam CoI. That makes sense.

Nobody in this thread is arguing that Protadins aren't overpowered; you'd have to be mentally retarded to not be able to see how dumb they are right now.

I was pointing out that with a partner that can peel (i.e. anything a Protadin would run with), their only weakness (being interrupted) is completely covered up. Which just adds to how ridiculously strong they are.

lol i tried protadin and hated it. Sure you have awsome survivability but um im of the opinion that no holy shock in arena is an instant fail. you may be able to survive forever but if you are silenced and interrupted enough your partner doesnt stand a chance.